• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Coverage maps...

Greg Gumbel, assuming the game is played.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Coverage maps...

I get to use my Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills for only the 3rd or 4th time this year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
      Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      I get to use my Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills for only the 3rd or 4th time this year.
      You'll probably have a power outage or network problems.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

With the announcement of Youtube probably getting Sunday Ticket for next year, it was a disappointment that Apple dropped out of the negotiations.

The reasons given were interesting. Apple wanted to DROP the price of ST, but, the existing contracts with CBS and Fox did not allow that.

Additionally, Apple wanted (according to The Athletic) rights to distribute on “as yet non-existent platforms” "Apple is heavily invested in virtual reality and augmented reality...and as a result, Apple wanted what is dubbed as known and unknown rights”

They went further to describe “Imagine a virtual reality deice offering fans a Sunday Ticket experience where it is as if they are viewing from the 50-yard line seats...”

I suspect that google will bring no innovation except ways to glean your information so they could sell it.

I was looking forward to streaming ST, but, now, I don’t see how it would be worth it, especially if we are forced to buy YouTube's streaming service, where, unlike Apple, they are not investing in any exclusive content (as far as I know).

Additionally, with the Bills getting so much national and prime time attention, even here in Vegas eleven of the fourteen games have broadcast live (one on Amazon Prime...very well done too).

This weekend’s Chicago will be only the fourth game that is not broadcast live here. (@Miami, @Jets & Cleveland the other three).

I’m perfectly content to wait until the game is over and use my much cheaper (and MUCH higher value) NFL+ Premium subscription. The best features are being able to watch the game three different ways.

Full game, where all the crappy commercials are cut out, which makes the game last only about 2.5 hours. Condensed where only each play is shown. Easy 40 minutes. I rewatch almost all the Bills game using this valuable service. And “coaches” ALL-22 viewpoint that gives each play from the end zone and sideline All-22 viewpoint.

Additionally, even single NFL game is available from 2009.

With the expectation of the Cincy game on Monday night, and the NE game possibly going to prime time, paying $300 for only four Bills games is just too much to ask. I love the Bills, but $75 per game just so I don’t have to wait three hours or so until it’s done to watch it is not worth it.

Plus, Red Zone makes watching all the other games better, and reduces the need for ST.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
          With the announcement of Youtube probably getting Sunday Ticket for next year, it was a disappointment that Apple dropped out of the negotiations.

The reasons given were interesting. Apple wanted to DROP the price of ST, but, the existing contracts with CBS and Fox did not allow that.

Additionally, Apple wanted (according to The Athletic) rights to distribute on “as yet non-existent platforms” "Apple is heavily invested in virtual reality and augmented reality...and as a result, Apple wanted what is dubbed as known and unknown rights”

They went further to describe “Imagine a virtual reality deice offering fans a Sunday Ticket experience where it is as if they are viewing from the 50-yard line seats...”

I suspect that google will bring no innovation except ways to glean your information so they could sell it.

I was looking forward to streaming ST, but, now, I don’t see how it would be worth it, especially if we are forced to buy YouTube's streaming service, where, unlike Apple, they are not investing in any exclusive content (as far as I know).

Additionally, with the Bills getting so much national and prime time attention, even here in Vegas eleven of the fourteen games have broadcast live (one on Amazon Prime...very well done too).

This weekend’s Chicago will be only the fourth game that is not broadcast live here. (@Miami, @Jets & Cleveland the other three).

I’m perfectly content to wait until the game is over and use my much cheaper (and MUCH higher value) NFL+ Premium subscription. The best features are being able to watch the game three different ways.

Full game, where all the crappy commercials are cut out, which makes the game last only about 2.5 hours. Condensed where only each play is shown. Easy 40 minutes. I rewatch almost all the Bills game using this valuable service. And “coaches” ALL-22 viewpoint that gives each play from the end zone and sideline All-22 viewpoint.

Additionally, even single NFL game is available from 2009.

With the expectation of the Cincy game on Monday night, and the NE game possibly going to prime time, paying $300 for only four Bills games is just too much to ask. I love the Bills, but $75 per game just so I don’t have to wait three hours or so until it’s done to watch it is not worth it.

Plus, Red Zone makes watching all the other games better, and reduces the need for ST.
          I have to watch the games live. In the rare instance that there's a game on and I'm not watching it, I'm insufferable. I can't get it out of my mind that I'm missing the game, and I get desperate trying to avoid spoilers.

That being said, the reason I pay for Sunday Ticket is that, over the course of a season, $300 is well less than what it costs to go to a sports bar every game, especially if my wife decided to come with me. This year, that wasn't the case. I think this will only be the 4th game that hasn't been shown locally. There's a sports bar literally a block and a half from my house. I could have just walked down there and watched the ones that weren't on locally, and I probably wouldn't have spent $300. It definitely wasn't worth it this year.

As far as Youtube TV, I'll probably end up cancelling DirecTV and getting that instead. My brother in law has it. It's only $60 a month and it has unlimited DVR functionality. Once you're in the app, it looks just like the guide you see from DirecTV or a cable box.
          Last edited by OpIv37; 12-21-2022, 05:45 AM.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

I'm also disappointed that the Apple NFL deal didn't go through.

I use most Apple products (Apple TV, iPhone, Macbook, etc) - and figured it would work seamlessly. As Notacon said - Apple also offers other exclusive programming that may be of interest.

I'll end up paying for YouTube-NFL programming anyway, regardless of the price. Even if it was $300-$400 for the season, I figure I probably drop $60-$80 (for 2 people with tax/tip) each time I go to a restaurant or a sports bar. Not to mention, I prefer to watch from the comfort of my own home. I love to watch games Live, and although I have the NFL+ app, I just can't get myself to watch a game that's already finished and experience the same joy.

I have been lucky the last few years. I have a friend (who doesn't watch football) who happens to live in an area where DirectTV isn't offered, and I pay them to sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket and use their login.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Obviously the league isn;t planning on trying to draw ratings on Christmas day.

Green Bay/Miami.
              Denver/Rams (poor Nance and Romo having to skip Xmas for this)
              Tampa/Arizona.

Yeeesh.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Green Bay/Miami.
                Tampa/Arizona.
                Yeeesh.
                But Christmas is all about the NBA !

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

Green Bay/Miami.
                  Tampa/Arizona.

Yeeesh.
                  To be fair to the NFL, when they made the schedule, all 6 of those teams looked good.

Miami is up-and-coming. GB is a future HOFer making what is probably his last run at a title. The Rams are the defending champs, and Denver's QB is their former longtime div rival. AZ and TB is a div game featuring a current star QB against the GOAT.

I mean, who would have thought back in spring that 5 of those 6 teams would **** the bed?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

I have to watch the games live. In the rare instance that there's a game on and I'm not watching it, I'm insufferable. I can't get it out of my mind that I'm missing the game, and I get desperate trying to avoid spoilers.

That being said, the reason I pay for Sunday Ticket is that, over the course of a season, $300 is well less than what it costs to go to a sports bar every game, especially if my wife decided to come with me. This year, that wasn't the case. I think this will only be the 4th game that hasn't been shown locally. There's a sports bar literally a block and a half from my house. I could have just walked down there and watched the ones that weren't on locally, and I probably wouldn't have spent $300. It definitely wasn't worth it this year.

As far as Youtube TV, I'll probably end up cancelling DirecTV and getting that instead. My brother in law has it. It's only $60 a month and it has unlimited DVR functionality. Once you're in the app, it looks just like the guide you see from DirecTV or a cable box.
                    Yeah, I know you have to watch games live. I get it.

It DOES take quite a bit of discipline to avoid spoilers. I can't watch any games on Sunday morning (10:00AM start makes that easy....after 65 years of 1:00PM start times, I’m still not used to early morning start.)

Because of that it’s easier to just wait until about 1:15PM to 1:30PM to watch the game.....and NFL+ edits out all the commercials.

I NEVER would go to a sports bar. I don’t drink and don’t like bars....never have.

There is NO WAY I’ll buy Youtube TV. $60 a month does not even come close to include what my wife and I are used to. My basic cable bill (if I used that service, which is almost identical to YoTube TV) is right around the same cost.

Biggest issue is that I get my internet service bundled with cable and all the premium channels (which includes streaming service for all the biggies like HBO, Showtime, Starz etc...). Separating internet from cable service results in total cost that is much higher than just sticking with one company.

I also get unlimited DVR and use that service to watch any “live” game. Wait about 30 minutes to start watching, so I can FF thought the crap. By the time halftime hits (in prime time games) it’s perfect time to break for dinner. Then I’m about 30 min. behind for second half.

At least the new YouTube Sunday Ticket looks like it may be available as a standalone a’ la carte on Youtube Primetime Channels. Should be interesting to see how that works.

But, even then, paying for ST hardly seems worth it for me.

For the Chicago game, I’m trying out a VPN service that allows me to dictate what city my internet comes from. I already have it set for a Buffalo server, and since I already subscribe to Paramount+, I should be able to get the CBS feed since they steam it to users in local market.

If it works well....forget about ST.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                      I'm also disappointed that the Apple NFL deal didn't go through.

I use most Apple products (Apple TV, iPhone, Macbook, etc) - and figured it would work seamlessly. As Notacon said - Apple also offers other exclusive programming that may be of interest.

I'll end up paying for YouTube-NFL programming anyway, regardless of the price. Even if it was $300-$400 for the season, I figure I probably drop $60-$80 (for 2 people with tax/tip) each time I go to a restaurant or a sports bar. Not to mention, I prefer to watch from the comfort of my own home. I love to watch games Live, and although I have the NFL+ app, I just can't get myself to watch a game that's already finished and experience the same joy.

I have been lucky the last few years. I have a friend (who doesn't watch football) who happens to live in an area where DirectTV isn't offered, and I pay them to sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket and use their login.
                      Like I wrote, it does take a lot of discipline to avoid spoilers. But, I find it relatively easy when the game starts at 10:00AM. I DO still "experience the same joy” since I do not know what happened.

I would have been much more open to ST if Apple got it. Probably still would not buy it, but, we’ll never know now.

I’m hopeful that the VPN will work well, and I can watch live, streaming on Paramount+. I’ll have to put up with commercials because there is not recording option....but that won’t be a deal breaker.

What had me looking forward to a steaming ST was the experience with Amazon Prime’s Thursday night games. I LOVE the way the do it. As a Prime Member, you get the choice to set one or the whole season of games to “record”.

I start watching the pre-game about 45 minutes after it starts at 4:00PM PST, and you immediately get the option of “watch live” or “start from the beginning”.

Then full fast forward, rewind and pause is available. I get to watch the game in my terms.

We’ll see if Youtube will offer the same features. If done right, and if NOT forced to but YouTube TV and ST as a standalone....it might be worth the $300 for me.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

I'm doing the same thing. As soon as the regular season ends I'm switching to youtube TV. I planned on that even before the NFL ticket to youtube came out. I got them to give it to me free and a great deal on programming last season. Now that my deal has run out DTV is 180 a month. I think losing the ticket is the beginning of the end for them. I'll never go back.

Comment

• Skooby
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

I can’t believe our Saturday game isn’t a nationally broadcasted game, WTF.

Comment

Working...
                          X