PDA

View Full Version : Who to root for | Where the Bills stand in the AFC Playoff race for Week 16

Woodman
12-23-2022, 11:26 AM
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/who-to-root-for-where-the-bills-stand-in-the-afc-playoff-race-for-week-16

Cincinnati Bengals (10-4) at New England Patriots (7-7) — Saturday, Dec. 24 at 1 p.m. on CBS

Who to root for: Root for the Patriots, but we won't judge you if you decide otherwise.

Green Bay Packers (6-8) at Miami Dolphins (8-6) — Sunday, Dec. 25 at 1 p.m. on FOX

Who to root for: Root for the Packers. The Bills need either a win over the Bears OR a Dolphins loss to Green Bay to secure the AFC East title.

Seattle Seahawks (7-7) at Kansas City Chiefs (11-3) — Saturday, Dec. 24 at 1 p.m. on FOX

Root for the Seahawks. A Chiefs loss would help Buffalo's chances of securing the No. 1 seed.

Best Case Scenario for Week 16

A Bills WIN + Chiefs LOSS + Bengals LOSS + Miami LOSS = Buffalo wins the AFC East, odds to earn No. 1 seed increase from 53% to 88%

Cntrygal
12-23-2022, 11:36 AM
Seahawks and Packers... that's easy.

The Patriots... :ill: Can they just tie instead?

Woodman
12-23-2022, 11:39 AM
Seahawks and Packers... that's easy.

The Patriots... :ill: Can they just tie instead?

A tie is also a very good outcome as well.

sukie
12-23-2022, 11:49 AM
Ah, rooting interest. I find myself rooting for the Pats. How can I?

okay let’s play what ifs.

what uf Bills win the 1 seed… Miami had to go to KC…. Tell me you are rooting for Mahomes.

I have never rooted for the Dolphins… even against the Pats. I would in KC.

kgun12
12-23-2022, 11:52 AM
1. NE because if both teams win there last game our head to head with the Bengals doesn’t matter.

2. Go pac go!

3. Seahawks for the same reason as # 1

Woodman
12-23-2022, 11:53 AM
Ah, rooting interest. I find myself rooting for the Pats. How can I?

okay let’s play what ifs.

what uf Bills win the 1 seed… Miami had to go to KC…. Tell me you are rooting for Mahomes.

I have never rooted for the Dolphins… even against the Pats. I would in KC.

In your scenario I'm a Dolphin fan.

We all hate the Chiefs!

Albany,n.y.
12-23-2022, 04:35 PM
Patriots
Packers
Seahawks

I won't understand anyone rooting for Cincinnati. I want them demoralized for Monday Night 1/2 and if it takes a beating by the Patriots to do it, I say Go Pats!

notacon
12-24-2022, 04:22 AM
1. NE because if both teams win there last game our head to head with the Bengals doesn’t matter.

2. Go pac go!

3. Seahawks for the same reason as # 1
Funny, but since week #13, when I predicted (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/260950-2022-Weekly-Picks?p=4982123&viewfull=1#post4982123) that KC would lose to Cincy and Miami would lose to SanFran and the Bills would beat NE and take over 1st place in the AFC East (for good) and also the #1 seed in the AFC (which I think they will retain when the Bills win out) the Bills beat every team in the AFC East to extend their winning streak (that I predicted after the Miracle Minny loss would go to six games at least and enter the Cincy showdown with a 12-3 record)....

The rest of the AFC East teams have fallen apart. Miami - three game losing streak. Jets - 4 game losing streak. NE losing three of last four.

Yep.....since week 13, the Bills have won three in a row, and the rest of the AFC East have lost ALL their games (except one), going a collective 1-8.

Will NE beat Cincy and KC lose to Seattle??? Not likely. And I’m not picking (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/260950-2022-Weekly-Picks?p=4988713&viewfull=1#post4988713) either game to go our way....BUT, absolutely rooting for it to happen, and it would not be a surprise at all.

Seattle is playing for their playoff lives. They lose and they are probably going to miss the playoffs. KC’s defense is vulnerable and if Geno Smith returns to his stellar play, they could win a shoot out.

NE and Belichick were embarrassed because of one of the stupidest plays of they year losing to the Raiders with the last play. At home, Bill pissed off, maybe they get a few breaks because of the cold and squeak out a win.

Either way, I’m picking the Bills to win out and get the #1 seed.

Novacane
12-24-2022, 04:39 AM
Patriots
Packers
Seahawks

I won't understand anyone rooting for Cincinnati. I want them demoralized for Monday Night 1/2 and if it takes a beating by the Patriots to do it, I say Go Pats!

I'm all in for the NE. The "experts" have been blowing the Bengals hard on the pre-games shows today. They have a new sweetheart now that Miami has fallen down.

Woodman
12-24-2022, 06:28 AM
GO BILLS!!

Novacane
12-24-2022, 11:03 AM
Just win out. We don't need any help.

TacklingDummy
12-24-2022, 12:58 PM
Sucks this team should be 15-0. Could have put out Miami’s cigar’s.

Woodman
12-24-2022, 01:59 PM
get the ball to Cook!

TigerJ
12-24-2022, 04:12 PM
I think to win home field advantage, Buffalo needs to plan on winning out. KC was never going to lose to Seattle, nor Cincinnati to New England. Relative to Buffalo, they have had cupcake schedules.

Woodman
12-24-2022, 11:46 PM
I think to win home field advantage, Buffalo needs to plan on winning out. KC was never going to lose to Seattle, nor Cincinnati to New England. Relative to Buffalo, they have had cupcake schedules.
The Patriots came pretty damn close.

Fumbled at the Bengal 5 yard line with about a minute left.