• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chet
    Allenhu Joshbar
    • Feb 2017

Sean McDungy

His teams are too stupid and lack killer instinct, much like those uber-talented Bucs teams that always underachieved till Gruden had to show them how it’s done.

I love the culture he built, ending the drought, and bringing respect back to the franchise…but his teams are always outschemed and out-physicalled. Time to get a closer, and it has to be an offensive guy
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sean McDungy

I agree he's nothing special. He owes his success to #17. He's not going anywhere though.

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

No argument from me.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        I agree he's nothing special. He owes his success to #17. He's not going anywhere though.
        Levy did Kelly, Belicheck did Brady, Dungy did Manning, Etc…

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          Levy did Kelly, Belicheck did Brady, Dungy did Manning, Etc…
          Yep. Great players make coaches. Not the other way around. All those guys have in common is they failed until they got a HOF QB. McD was lucky to get one his first go around.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Let’s give McBeane a little credit, they did select Allen. Remember half the board didn’t even want him.
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
              Let’s give McBeane a little credit, they did select Allen. Remember half the board didn’t even want him.
              Fair. I'm not saying he sucks. I just think he's nothing special. At this level most know how to coach. It's having great players that set them apart.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                Fair. I'm not saying he sucks. I just think he's nothing special. At this level most know how to coach. It's having great players that set them apart.
                I’m still on the fence. I do question some of the decisions. I didn’t understand the offensive game plan at all today. They should have run the ball more and pass only when necessary. 25 attempts and probably half were 20+ yards. The conditions weren’t right for them. This isn’t the first questionable game plan. We threw way too much during the three skid. With Josh’s injury they should have pounded the ball. And why the feel they need to run Josh so much especially after the last couple game is maddening. Why didn’t they give the BBCack the ball on that 3rd and short Josh ran today?
                Yeah Dorsey is responsible for the game plan, but I’m sure McD has final approval?

I’d really like to dislike Frazier’s defense, but they usually adjust and win. Plus with all the injuries especially on the defense it’s amazing we are so good. We are like 5th or 6th overall. Kinda amazing.
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                  My IQ Test results came back negative
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                  I’m still on the fence. I do question some of the decisions. I didn’t understand the offensive game plan at all today. They should have run the ball more and pass only when necessary. 25 attempts and probably half were 20+ yards. The conditions weren’t right for them. This isn’t the first questionable game plan. We threw way too much during the three skid. With Josh’s injury they should have pounded the ball. And why the feel they need to run Josh so much especially after the last couple game is maddening. Why didn’t they give the BBCack the ball on that 3rd and short Josh ran today?
                  Yeah Dorsey is responsible for the game plan, but I’m sure McD has final approval?

I’d really like to dislike Frazier’s defense, but they usually adjust and win. Plus with all the injuries especially on the defense it’s amazing we are so good. We are like 5th or 6th overall. Kinda amazing.
                  Did throwing deep open up the run game?

It never felt like bills were going to lose the game. It just felt like a matter of time before they ran away with it.

Great adjustments after the first quarter.

People expectations are TOO high. People expect a touchdown every drive. That’s not realistic. Sure the bears are “bad” but they are also an nfl football team. With 53 pros on the other side. They won 35-13.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

We did rush for more than 250 yards didn't we?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                      Did throwing deep open up the run game?

It never felt like bills were going to lose the game. It just felt like a matter of time before they ran away with it.

Great adjustments after the first quarter.

People expectations are TOO high. People expect a touchdown every drive. That’s not realistic. Sure the bears are “bad” but they are also an nfl football team. With 53 pros on the other side. They won 35-13.
                      As far as the pass setting up the run, maybe but I think we could have run the ball at will. Like I said earlier, we one and that’s the goal. I just thought with conditioning being what they were and forecasted there was no need throw ad much as we did. 11-3 is 11-3 and I’m not complaining.
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

I remember the exact moment McDermott lost me and it’s only been a downward spiral (imo) since then:

Down 21-9 right before halftime of the AFCCG at KC with a 4th and goal from inside the 5, I believe. His balls shriveled up and he kicked the FG, knowing damn well that 3 points does ****-all in that situation as it’s still a 2 score game (with KC getting the 2nd half kickoff iirc).

He coached not to lose in the biggest game of his career and it crippled the team’s confidence.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

You guys realize he took the Bills to the playoffs his first season, with Tyrod Taylor as his QB, right?

Comment

• cookie G
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                            I remember the exact moment McDermott lost me and it’s only been a downward spiral (imo) since then:

Down 21-9 right before halftime of the AFCCG at KC with a 4th and goal from inside the 5, I believe. His balls shriveled up and he kicked the FG, knowing damn well that 3 points does ****-all in that situation as it’s still a 2 score game (with KC getting the 2nd half kickoff iirc).

He coached not to lose in the biggest game of his career and it crippled the team’s confidence.
                            Oh Mother of Perpetual Misery, help us.

Yeah, the team's confidence is so low they just won their 3rd straight AFC East title.

They play not to lose often enough to sport a 12-3 record this year.

They aren't physical enough that they held the No. 1 rushing team in the NFL to less than 100 yards and less than 3 yards per carry.

They aren't physical enough despite rushing for more than 200 yards in frigid temps and more than 250 yards and 8 yards per carry.

I know, I know, Like OP/Sully/Whomever, you think you're being some type of "realist"..but...you're not...you're just being wrong the vast majority of the time.

I swear, I think some of these realists would like Rex Ryan back.

Win or lose, they finally found a coach/GM combo that puts them in a position to succeed. This after such a long line of misses...

Williams
                            Miularkey
                            Jauron
                            Fewell
                            Marrone
                            Rexy

Donahoe
                            Marv/Jauron
                            Brandon!!
                            Buddy
                            Whaley

Damn...just try and enjoy the recent success, if only for a moment.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              You guys realize he took the Bills to the playoffs his first season, with Tyrod Taylor as his QB, right?
                              And? I don't want to get rid of him. I think he's another Marv. Good leader and motivator. Not a good schemer or game day coach. Good enough if he has great talent. Not going to out scheme someone in a big game

Comment

Working...
                              X