X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Who Will Win the Super Bowl!

With New Year's fast approaching, the NFL playoffs are just around the corner. So ... Who's going to win Super Bowl LVII? Adam Schein ranks the nine most likely teams to lift the Lombardi Trophy, with neither the Eagles nor the Chiefs cracking the top thr
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Who Will Win the Super Bowl!

I saw that yesterday but hesitated to post it because some posters like to immediately dismiss these kinds of predictions we see this time of year.

I don’t dismiss this coming from Adam Schein who is an experienced and respect NFL analyst. In any event, this is worth quoting as to whom he believes has the #1 chance to win the SB this year....

Rank 1 - Buffalo Bills
    12-3 · AFC No. 1 seed

If the preseason prediction ain't broke, don't fix it.

Currently holding the top seed in the superior AFC, Buffalo is the best team in the NFL. It all starts, of course, with Josh Allen, a true megastar quarterback who carries the Bills with his arm, legs and leadership. Yes, he threw two interceptions in Saturday's 35-13 win at Chicago, but he also accounted for three scores, passing Dan Marino for the most total touchdowns (174) in a player's first five seasons in the Super Bowl era. The most surprising part of the Bills' AFC East-clinching beatdown of the Bears: Pro Bowl wide receiver Stefon Diggs had his least-productive game of the season, catching just two passes for 26 yards. Buffalo's ability to still log a 22-point road victory is a testament to surrounding weapons like Devin Singletary, James Cook, Gabe Davis andDawson Knox, all of whom hit paydirt on Christmas Eve.

Defensively, even sans Von Miller, the Bills are strong, deep and reliable. Bears QB Justin Fields became just the third quarterback to reach 1,000 rushing yards in a season in Week 15. In Week 16 against Buffalo, Fields totaled just 11 yards on the ground, snapping an eight-game streak of at least 60 rushing yards. On the season, Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier's D is giving up just 17.5 points per game, only trailing San Francisco in that figure league-wide.

Home-field advantage would be huge, given the Bills' spectacular fans and Buffalo's inclement weather. I think the Bills do indeed lock up the No. 1 seed -- gaining the coveted playoff bye -- with a win at Cincinnati on Monday night and a home victory over New England in Week 18.
    The rest of his analysis is pretty fair and reasonable as his placing the Bills #1.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

The Bengals game will say a lot about what they have left in the tank for a playoff run, imho. I had no doubts up to the bye. Now I'm uncertain if they can make it to the conference title game.
      Last edited by Mace; 12-29-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Still the favorite in Vegas. They must not read BZ.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Still the favorite in Vegas. They must not watch the games
          I fixed it for you.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

We’ll have a harder time reaching the Super Bowl than actually winning it. I think we match up well with any of the NFC teams. My only concern is Cincy and obviously KC and those two having to come thru Buffalo would be amazing.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

To me there are 5 "legit" SB contenders.

KC
              Buffalo
              Cincy
              Philly
              San Fran.

Everyone else seems fatally flawed. (But anyone can get hot and a bit lucky and make a run).

I STILL feel like KC is the favorite. But, they also have lost to BOTH us and Cincy. Whoever comes out of the AFC will have taken the damn hard road for sure.

For the NFC i really just feel like SF is destined to be there. Even with Purdy (who has done a very good job really), that D and all those weapons are VERY tough.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                I fixed it for you.
                Yet they win far more than they lose. And I don't think you watch the games of the teams you say we can't beat.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Still the favorite in Vegas. They must not read BZ.
                  That is possible.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                    To me there are 5 "legit" SB contenders.

KC
                    Buffalo
                    Cincy
                    Philly
                    San Fran.

Everyone else seems fatally flawed. (But anyone can get hot and a bit lucky and make a run).

I STILL feel like KC is the favorite. But, they also have lost to BOTH us and Cincy. Whoever comes out of the AFC will have taken the damn hard road for sure.

For the NFC i really just feel like SF is destined to be there. Even with Purdy (who has done a very good job really), that D and all those weapons are VERY tough.
                    This is why the 1 seed means so much.

If the 2 and 3 happen to be Cinci and KC we only get one of them if they both win their 1st round games.

And of course provided we win our 1st playoff game at home.

SF is on a roll but that can end in a blink of an eye JMO.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Yet they win far more than they lose. And I don't think you watch the games of the teams you say we can't beat.
                      Any NFL team that has 12 wins after 15 games, is by definition, one of the best teams in the NFL and a clear Super Bowl contender. And this season, with the AFC being clearly much better than the NFC, getting 12 wins means that team is a SB favorite.

Opposite of Opi’s warped Negative Nancy bullcrap, the way the Bills have been WINNING games shows how formidable they are and one of the TOUGHEST teams to beat.

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        Any NFL team that has 12 wins after 15 games, is by definition, one of the best teams in the NFL and a clear Super Bowl contender. And this season, with the AFC being clearly much better than the NFC, getting 12 wins means that team is a SB favorite.

Opposite of Opi’s warped Negative Nancy bullcrap, the way the Bills have been WINNING games shows how formidable they are and one of the TOUGHEST teams to beat.
                        So you consider the Vikings a SB contender?

Perhaps the Jim Miller/Shane Matthews Bears? Or the Kerry Collins Titans

Not saying the Bills aren’t better than those teams, but your definition is dumb, to say the least

Comment

• swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Adam Schein is an idiot.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                            So you consider the Vikings a SB contender?

Perhaps the Jim Miller/Shane Matthews Bears? Or the Kerry Collins Titans

Not saying the Bills aren’t better than those teams, but your definition is dumb, to say the least
                            Yes, I do consider the Vikings as a contender to get to the Super Bowl. I don’t think they will, but in the (relatively) weaker NFC, and the way they have had a horseshoe up their butt all year (and the presence of Justin Jefferson), it would be dumb to just dismiss them.

What I DID say is that "Any NFL team that has 12 wins after 15 games, is by definition, one of the best teams in the NFL and a clear Super Bowl contender.”...that is undoubtably true.

There are only FIVE teams in the NFL with 12 (or more) wins after 15 games. That’s only 15% of the teams. Or, more importantly, 85% of the teams in the NFL have fewer wins.

Since the W-L record is KING in the NFL, by definition, these five teams IN FACT, are "Super Bowl contenders".

But, then I distinguished between the stronger AFC to the weaker NFC, where obtaining 12 wins in the AFC is much more difficult than doing so in the NFC, an AFC team doing so makes them a “SB favorite

Can you understand the distinction???? Do I really have to explain it to you????

The Cliff notes version....being a “Super Bowl contender” means you have a better chance to get there than most other teams (having more wins that 85% of the other teams suffices). A “Super Bowl favorite” is a team that has the better chance of winning it.

So, no, my definition is not “dumb”.....your obtuse spin on what I wrote is what is dumb.

Comment

• Chet
                              Allenhu Joshbar
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              The Cliff notes version…
                              Do this with all your posts, please

Comment

Working...
                              X