PDA

View Full Version : Singletary, Cook carrying Bills’ explosive run game

Woodman
12-31-2022, 03:43 AM
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/12/31/23532622/devin-singletary-james-cook-buffalo-bills-explosive-plays-josh-allen

For the season, 53.5% of James Cook’s rushing yardage has come on runs of 15 or more yards (per Pro Football Focus) — and lest we think he’s getting bottled up on all the small runs, he’s also averaging 5.8 yards per rush. Devin Singletary is averaging 4.6 yards per rush, the second-highest average of his career, and 31.6% of his yards have come on 15-plus-yard runs. 7% of Singletary’s runs have gained 15 or more yards, while an absolutely staggering 13.75% of Cook’s runs have crossed the 15-yard threshold. To help put these numbers in perspective, Cleveland Browns (https://www.dawgsbynature.com/) running back Nick Chubb, widely thought to be the best pure runner in football and the back with the most 15-plus-yard runs in the NFL, hits that threshold on 7.6% of his runs.
Cook and Singletary are delivering big plays in the running game, which is exactly what you need to keep defenses on their toes when they play against a top-tier NFL quarterback like Allen.

kingJofNYC
12-31-2022, 04:21 AM
I'd like to see their missed forced tackles, Singletary is usually up near the top of the list, I feel like Cook doesn't force enough tackles at this stage but it's still early in his career.

kgun12
12-31-2022, 04:30 AM
I am completely happy with our running game and I know I beat a dead horse, but I would really like to see a few more of the running plays called for Josh go to them instead.

notacon
12-31-2022, 06:38 AM
I am completely happy with our running game and I know I beat a dead horse, but I would really like to see a few more of the running plays called for Josh go to them instead.

Buffalo is still the only team in the NFL to have over 100 rushing in every game this year.

Cntrygal
12-31-2022, 06:48 AM
Buffalo is still the only team in the NFL to have over 100 rushing in every game this year.

I wonder if all the Talking Heads whining about the "inability to run the ball" know about that stat.

Chet
12-31-2022, 07:17 AM
Anybody else getting the feeling that Cook is close to breaking out with a monster game? I want to see him get more and more looks. Singletary’s hard running is good for 4th qtr and short yardage but man we need to get the exceptional talent (or at least upside) the ball more

Night Train
01-01-2023, 12:00 AM
Cooks speed in the open field is obvious. Eventually, they will figure out some swing passes or short passes in the middle to give him space.

swiper
01-01-2023, 01:06 AM
I wonder if all the Talking Heads whining about the "inability to run the ball" know about that stat.

Successful passing sets up the run for the Bills. Cook has made that stat possible. And how many of those games was Josh Allen the leading rusher? So that stat is stupid deceiving because of what Josh Allen brings to the Bills. So it's not that impressive. Try an honest stat. Something the person who posted that doesn't understand. Look at just the RBs minus Josh Allen. So I call BS on that stat. Singletary still is what he is, a middling wasted of a draft pick. Time for upgrades for he and Edmunds. The Bills could have gotten Saquon Barkley and Bobby Wagner. Imagine this team with those two. A real RB and a real MLB. At least Von Miller lessened the pain of them not signing Wagner. Outside of Cook, there are no good RBs on this roster.

Anyone who wants to rah-rah that stat hasn't watched a Bills game. Josh Allen is most of those yards in many of those games. And once he gets himself hurt from running so much you stupid Bills fans will start whining to a different tune. "Oh why did they let him run so much...?"