There's no way they play this game this week, if at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

There's no way they play this game this week, if at all.

I can't possibly see how the NFL could even think about resuming the game now.

I can't really see how the game could even be replayed, without moving the playoff games, etc.

I could see the game just ending in a tie.

I could see the Bills forfeiting this game and possibly the Patriots game.

I just don't see how a team could possibly play after that.

Honestly, if McDermott came out and said, we are going to take the L for this game and the Patriots game, I would completely understand.

I don't even have any desire to watch football right now. I feel sick.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: There's no way they play this game this week, if at all.

Don't play the game. Whatever they decide to do record wise I don't care.

Comment

• Discotrish
      Raging hypocrite and resident troll
      • Nov 2003

Pretty sure the season continued after Stingley, Utley, Chuck Hughes.

You're saying they would skip New England because...?

And there are repercussions beyond our own team for not finishing this Bengals game. I realize this is a serious medical incident, but co-workers have serious medical incidents nationwide each and every day. People still have to go back to work.

I'm not suggesting it'll be easy, but there are reasons why they might have to do it.
      Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Don't play the game. Whatever they decide to do record wise I don't care.
        Unless they play for Damar. Again that's if we hear today he made it through.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I would understand why the Bills would just take an L ...

And that is when it would become every other stake-holder in the NFL's responsibility to step up and protect them from this trauma born response.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

Sick to my stomach still. They won’t forfeit both games but I don’t really care what they do. Just hoping Damars youth and being in great shape overcomes this and he can wake up and feel normal.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Discotrish View Post
              Pretty sure the season continued after Stingley, Utley, Chuck Hughes.

You're saying they would skip New England because...?

And there are repercussions beyond our own team for not finishing this Bengals game. I realize this is a serious medical incident, but co-workers have serious medical incidents nationwide each and every day. People still have to go back to work.

I'm not suggesting it'll be easy, but there are reasons why they might have to do it.

They can't skip the NE game. No matter what happens life goes on. We've all had to deal with that.

I'm fine with the Bills taking the L for last nights game. I think the team would be ok with it too. They could move the start of the playoffs back 1 week and have the Bills/Bengals game next Thursday. I'm not going to have an issue with whatever they do. I wouldn't want to be the one figuring this out.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

There is a good chance Hamlin had a pre-existing condition that either contributed and caused this incident -- a pre-existing condition no one knew about.

So I just ask everyone ... what is the big tragedy here? These men are playing in a spectacle. Human beings who are fallible and things are going to happen.

People need to deal with themselves this is more a normal thing that happens in the course of life and death. People are living and dying all the time. Then you get exposed to that and start freaking out with all kinds of irrationality. None of that is about Damar Hamlin or anything that will help that man ...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Would a loss be fair to the Bills?

Would a tie be fair to the Chiefs and Ravens?

Why not give the loss to the Bengals?

Not everyone is going to like what the NFL does. I'm not even sure they have any idea what to do.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                    There is a good chance Hamlin had a pre-existing condition that either contributed and caused this incident -- a pre-existing condition no one knew about.

So I just ask everyone ... what is the big tragedy here? These men are playing in a spectacle. Human beings who are fallible and things are going to happen.

People need to deal with themselves this is more a normal thing that happens in the course of life and death. People are living and dying all the time. Then you get exposed to that and start freaking out with all kinds of irrationality. None of that is about Damar Hamlin or anything that will help that man ...
                    Maybe if it happened to you...but hamlin was a football player that we actually care about and this doesnt just happen. What happened to him is one of the rarest possible things, in a sport that its rarely happened.

I would love to of seen you after 9/11

"Guys their just towers, and people die all the time"

**** off
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

Not everyone is going to like what the NFL does. I'm not even sure they have any idea what to do.
                      Give both a win.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Also, if hamlin did die, there a good chance the nfl could put the season on hold for a pr standpoint. This is absolutely the worst case scenerio for the nfl
                        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Obviously the most important thing is Hamiln's health and the second most important thing is the emotional health of the players and coaches who witnessed what happened.

In terms of the schedule and standings, though, it's just a logistical nightmare. It's not fair to give the Bills an L or the Bengals a W that they didn't really earn, especially given that it will affect the Chiefs and the top seed in the AFC. It's not fair to the Ravens, because if the Bengals lost to us and lose to them this coming week, they would win the division. Time-wise, it's hard to see how they can reschedule and play the game. Both the Bills and Bengals have to play this weekend and would already be prepping for their next opponent in a normal week.

The least bad option may be to just pretend the game was never scheduled and have the Bills and Bengals with 16-game seasons when everyone else has a 17 game schedule, but even that's messed up. If the Chiefs and Bills both win this coming week, both teams will have 3 losses and the Bills beat the Chiefs, but the Chiefs will have the better winning percentage. If the Bills and Chiefs lose and the Bengals win, then all 4 teams will have 4 losses, but once again the Chiefs will have a higher winning percentage because they have an extra game.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post

A tie would be just as bad as and L for the Bills as far as getting the #1 seed.

The fairest thing to do is start the playoffs a week later but even that wouldn't be fair because all the other playoff teams would get a week off to rest. There isn't a good answer.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                              Give both a win.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X