PDA

View Full Version : My solution...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2023, 06:35 AM
The Bills/Bengals game is declared a no contest.
Chiefs if they win sunday get the 1
Bills if they win sunday get the 2
Bengals lock in the 3

If Chiefs advance to the AFC Championship against either Bills or Bengals the game is move to a neutral site.

seems fair to me

kgun12
01-03-2023, 06:38 AM
The Bills/Bengals game is declared a no contest.
Chiefs if they win sunday get the 1
Bills if they win sunday get the 2
Bengals lock in the 3

If Chiefs advance to the AFC Championship against either Bills or Bengals the game is move to a neutral site.

seems fair to me

First reaction is a good solution, I like it!

Typ0
01-03-2023, 06:38 AM
How is it fair to grant one team a bye they didn't actually earn?

kgun12
01-03-2023, 06:40 AM
So typo tell us how you make this fair for everyone?

Discotrish
01-03-2023, 06:40 AM
Neutral site?

Horrible for the fans!

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-03-2023, 06:41 AM
Bengals forfeit is the only SMOKE IT approved solution

Typ0
01-03-2023, 06:41 AM
So typo tell us how you make this fair for everyone?

Play the game if need be. Don't have a week between the conference championships and SB.

TacklingDummy
01-03-2023, 06:44 AM
Neutral site?

Horrible for the fans!

We can use the Dolphins stadium. Should be nice weather and available.

kgun12
01-03-2023, 06:45 AM
So that’s disruptive to the rest of the teams and unfair. There isn’t going to be any decision that is going to be fair for everyone. This is uncharted waters for the NFL and sports in general. To make is fair for everyone is impossible.

Typ0
01-03-2023, 06:47 AM
So that’s disruptive to the rest of the teams and unfair. There isn’t going to be any decision that is going to be fair for everyone. This is uncharted waters for the NFL and sports in general. To make is fair for everyone is impossible.

It is uniformly disruptive which comes out in the wash.

Basically, the suggestion on this thread is to punish the Bills because they had a player need CPR on the field.

kgun12
01-03-2023, 06:55 AM
It is uniformly disruptive which comes out in the wash.

Basically, the suggestion on this thread is to punish the Bills because they had a player need CPR on the field.

Not at all, it’s a suggestion to try to fix a situation that nobody has ever had to deal with. Is it the correct situation maybe maybe not. All I know is the only thing unfair right now is what Hamlin and his family is going through. Whatever the NFL decides will not be fair to everyone but oh well.

imbondz
01-03-2023, 06:58 AM
The Bills get an automatic bid to the Super Bowl ahead 10-0 to start to the game. Damar heals in time to start and play the whole game. That seems fair to me.

Novacane
01-03-2023, 07:31 AM
All the NFL has to do is throw a few well timed flags to cause the Chiefs to lose assuming the Raiders can play like they did against San Fran. We all know they could call offensive and defensive holding on almost every play so it won't be hard making it look legit. We should beat NE without any help and same for the Bengals over Baltimore. If it gets sketchy the refs can step into those games too. Then resuming the Bills/Bengals game will not change anything.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2023, 07:52 AM
All the NFL has to do is throw a few well timed flags to cause the Chiefs to lose assuming the Raiders can play like they did against San Fran. We all know they could call offensive and defensive holding on almost every play so it won't be hard making it look legit. We should beat NE without any help and same for the Bengals over Baltimore. If it gets sketchy the refs can step into those games too. Then resuming the Bills/Bengals game will not change anything.

Adding corruption to catastrophe is probably not the best option LOL

Cali512
01-03-2023, 09:06 AM
Suspend the season for one week. Take away the bye before the superbowl

Problem solved

They managed to figure it out because of ****ing covid, or teams move or get suspended when a hurricane happens

What no one is mentioning is if something does happen, the....i cant say the word but i think you know what i mean, would be next weekend. So the bills wouldnt be able to play that week either

The nfl should suspend the season for one week. All teams

Bills vs bengals monday night. Then go forward from there. The only game that i think needs to be set is the superbowl, and there are ways around this

Saratoga Slim
01-03-2023, 09:32 AM
Suspend the season for one week. Take away the bye before the superbowl

Problem solved

They managed to figure it out because of ****ing covid, or teams move or get suspended when a hurricane happens

What no one is mentioning is if something does happen, the....i cant say the word but i think you know what i mean, would be next weekend. So the bills wouldnt be able to play that week either

The nfl should suspend the season for one week. All teams

Bills vs bengals monday night. Then go forward from there. The only game that i think needs to be set is the superbowl, and there are ways around this
Honestly, this is probably the best solution from a fairness perspective, and from the fact that many players may need a little time to process this event before suiting up again. If Damar does not emerge from this in a stable situation in the next day or so, it may be even more important to scratch the week from that perspective. I'm not sure you can play games this weekend if Damar's still in trouble. I for one won't be interested in watching football while he's still fighting for his life.

Scratching a week would really suck for fans that bought tickets and made travel arrangements though. And who knows what stadium scheduling looks like--it may not be feasible to move all 16 games by a week without changing locations too.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 10:26 AM
Honestly, this is probably the best solution from a fairness perspective, and from the fact that many players may need a little time to process this event before suiting up again. If Damar does not emerge from this in a stable situation in the next day or so, it may be even more important to scratch the week from that perspective. I'm not sure you can play games this weekend if Damar's still in trouble. I for one won't be interested in watching football while he's still fighting for his life.

Scratching a week would really suck for fans that bought tickets and made travel arrangements though. And who knows what stadium scheduling looks like--it may not be feasible to move all 16 games by a week without changing locations too.

I cant see us playing this weekend. If something goes worse, they will have to make other plans this weekend/week. My idea though is the bills play monday. Or even tuesday for that matter and flex the bills patriots to monday night and same with cincis game

Bills play cinci next monday/tuesday, start season again from there.

If something really bad happens, they honestly may have to suspend the season for 2 weeks, which is nearly impossible but it has to accommodate the players.

My other thought is to use losses, tie breakers, and opponent win % for the playoffs. Since the bills and bengals beat the chiefs, if they all end up with the same amount of losses, then you use opponent win % for the bills and bengals to decide the number one seed since they both beat the chiefs and ended up with the same amount of losses

It makes it so the chiefs cant complain because they did lose to both teams, and doesnt penalize the bills or bengals for the circumstances

cookie G
01-03-2023, 10:53 AM
They forfeit the Bengals game, by their own choice, play NE and dedicate the rest of the season to Damar...and themselves.

They won't be stopped.