PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the league should do ?

BillsOwnAll
01-03-2023, 08:19 AM
Just setting a poll to see what people think the league should do.

I don’t want this to turn into “ it’s more important about hamlin”

We all know that. We get it. No one doesn’t care about damar.

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2023, 08:35 AM
I say play out week 18 and see.

Maybe, just maybe things would work out where the game is meaningless.

If the Bills beat the Patriots, you would hate to see them lose the 1 seed because the Bengals game was either voided or ruled a tie.

If the Bills lose and the Bengals win, you'd hate to see them lose the 1 seed for the same reason.

The Chiefs don't deserve the 1 seed, IMO, having lost to BOTH the Bills and the Bengals. Giving them the 1 seed based on a voided or unfinished game would be pretty unfair to the Bills or Bengals, either one.

acehole
01-03-2023, 08:35 AM
Just setting a poll to see what people think the league should do.

I don’t want this to turn into “ it’s more important about hamlin”

We all know that. We get it. No one doesn’t care about damar.

Bills Bengals should be next Thursday Night.

Start from where they left off.

The last two games for bills vs NE and bengals should be played
Should be moved to Thursday of the Following Week as their 2 opponents are not making the playoffs.

The Downside is short week for the loser.

They would play the following Sunday where if the Bills won they would most likely have a bi..

In my opinion it is the only fair solution.

Declaring a tie help KC and neither team (Buf or Cinc) wants that.

Declaring Cicy a winner as the game was stopped with them ahead is not fair to buffalo.

You can play with playoffs too in this scenario pushing them out a bit....let say to Thursday on the following week.

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Bills Bengals should be next Thursday Night.

Start from where they left off.

The last two games for bills vs NE and bengals should be played
Should be moved to Thursday of the Following Week as their 2 opponents are not making the playoffs.

The Downside is short week for the loser.

They would play the following Sunday where if the Bills won they would most likely have a bi..

In my opinion it is the only fair solution.

Declaring a tie help KC and neither team (Buf or Cinc) wants that.

Declaring Cicy a winner as the game was stopped with them ahead is not fair to buffalo.

You can play with playoffs too in this scenario pushing them out a bit....let say to Thursday on the following week.
You can't have a team going into the playoffs on short rest. The NFL would never do that.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 08:44 AM
I think there is a chance the nfl postpones the whole week. Every team. Then restart next monday

It would be a bad PR move for the nfl to play this week if something bad does happen

Night Train
01-03-2023, 08:48 AM
They are not going to move an entire playoff weekend just to let Buffalo try and win Home field. Then a bye ?

A no contest would still mean the Bills could win Home Field by beating the Pats. They beat the Chiefs.

BillsOwnAll
01-03-2023, 08:50 AM
They don’t get HFa by beating the pats. They would need chiefs to lose

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-03-2023, 08:51 AM
For the Bengals not to forfeit says that they want to have the contest despite the injury. Their chance is more important. Of course, this is obvious that they would think that way, but morally, this is the worst of all positions. They only have something to gain.

Shame on the Bengals. Shame.

Mace
01-03-2023, 09:09 AM
I voted for finish it.

I'm thinking if you could ask Damar Hamlin, he'd say the same thing.

Historian
01-03-2023, 09:18 AM
I'm thinking if you could ask Damar Hamlin, he'd say the same thing.

When he wakes up, I betcha his first question is..."So who won?"

Typ0
01-03-2023, 09:21 AM
Everyone is going to want to play the game....but they all need time to process this and that might take too much time and become a safety concern.

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 09:21 AM
*other

Do not finish. Take the w/l % for both teams' 16 game schedule and put it up against the rest of the teams' 17 game w/l %.

BillsOwnAll
01-03-2023, 09:23 AM
*other

Do not finish. Take the w/l % for both teams' 16 game schedule and put it up against the rest of the teams' 17 game w/l %.

Litteraly is the no contest option lol

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 09:25 AM
Litteraly is the no contest option lol

A tie does not go on the record, stupid.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 09:28 AM
A tie does not go on the record, stupid.

Im confused. Are you saying a tie doesnt count on the schedule? Or did you just say it stupid?

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 09:29 AM
Im confused. Are you saying a tie doesnt count on the schedule? Or did you just say it stupid?

You would be.

TacklingDummy
01-03-2023, 09:31 AM
If I had to bet It's going to be no contest.
No make up game.
Rematch will be in Buffalo in the AFC Championship game.

BillsOwnAll
01-03-2023, 09:33 AM
No contest or tie… really doesn’t change anything
… both are the same in this instance

OpIv37
01-03-2023, 09:34 AM
I say play out week 18 and see.

Maybe, just maybe things would work out where the game is meaningless.

If the Bills beat the Patriots, you would hate to see them lose the 1 seed because the Bengals game was either voided or ruled a tie.

If the Bills lose and the Bengals win, you'd hate to see them lose the 1 seed for the same reason.

The Chiefs don't deserve the 1 seed, IMO, having lost to BOTH the Bills and the Bengals. Giving them the 1 seed based on a voided or unfinished game would be pretty unfair to the Bills or Bengals, either one.

You forgot one important piece. If the Bengals lose their last two and the Ravens win this weekend, they can still win their Div. So, the Ravens need to lose to the Bengals this weekend in order to make the Bills/Bengals game moot for that Div.

If that happens, I think it basically means the Bills/Bengals decides the AFC, unless Buffalo loses and KC wins, in which case KC will be the only 3 loss team. Everyone else will have 4 or more.

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 09:36 AM
No contest or tie… really doesn’t change anything
… both are the same in this instance

It wasn't a tie though.

Novacane
01-03-2023, 09:49 AM
They are not going to move an entire playoff weekend just to let Buffalo try and win Home field. Then a bye ?

A no contest would still mean the Bills could win Home Field by beating the Pats. They beat the Chiefs.

No. We'd have 13 wins. They'd have 14.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 09:51 AM
It wasn't a tie though.

HES SAYING MARK IT AS A TIE

No **** its not a tie, but put it in the record books as a tie, WHICH SHOWS UP ON THE RECORD

Do you know what a tie is? It shows up on the record books...

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 09:58 AM
HES SAYING MARK IT AS A TIE

No **** its not a tie, but put it in the record books as a tie, WHICH SHOWS UP ON THE RECORD

Do you know what a tie is? It shows up on the record books...

And I'm saying don't mark it as a tie (which is why I said *other), which means you're still confused.

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 10:05 AM
Hypothetical statement from nfl

Due to uncontrollable circumstances, for the last week of the season we will do the AFC winner as follows

If the Bills beat the patriots, they get number one seed due to a win and no contest vs Cinci and KC

If KC wins and the bills lose, KC gets the number one seed

You essentially go by amount of losses plus tie breaker

It's a poll/thread.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 10:14 AM
Best thing to do, which would be the most fair is go by amount of losses plus tie breaker. Dont count this game

If every team ends the year with 4 losses, itll go Bills-Bengals-Chiefs
If the bills win, cinci wins, KC loses it goes Bills-Bengals-Chiefs
If the bills lose, KC wins, and bengals win, KC number 1 seed then go by opponent win percentage of Bills and cinci

Honestly it's probably the most fair way to go about this. It would be the first time ever but it also doesnt punish the bills or Cinci, and tells the chiefs "yeah its unfair but you had your chance to beat these teams and didnt"

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2023, 10:17 AM
You forgot one important piece. If the Bengals lose their last two and the Ravens win this weekend, they can still win their Div. So, the Ravens need to lose to the Bengals this weekend in order to make the Bills/Bengals game moot for that Div.

If that happens, I think it basically means the Bills/Bengals decides the AFC, unless Buffalo loses and KC wins, in which case KC will be the only 3 loss team. Everyone else will have 4 or more.

Ah crap

Woodman
01-03-2023, 10:20 AM
Award both teams a win.

Typ0
01-03-2023, 10:28 AM
The right thing for the league to do is exactly what they did last night. They should talk to the teams about what they feel their capabilities are and how they feel everything should proceed. They should take their cues and make the relevant decision.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 10:30 AM
Award both teams a win.

That actually would solve what i was trying to solve. I had a more complicated way but yeah, that would work. It would keep all 3 in play for the number one seed, and not penalize them for not playing

The chiefs cant complain either because they lost to the bills and bengals

TacklingDummy
01-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Award both teams a win.

But they didn't win. They didn't lose. They didn't tie.

If they can award things I'd like them to award the Buffalo Bills the Super Bowl Trophy. They deserve it for everything they went through this season.

There are no contenders. Might as well just cancel the SB and give it to the Bills.

YardRat
01-03-2023, 10:45 AM
Nothing is going to be fair to all unless they play the game. Somebody is going to get screwed, and it's going to be Buffalo or Cincinnati, or both. The league will have to wait until the results of this weekend's games and then determine how to proceed. They should have contingency plans in place for all possible outcomes, and be able to announce and move forward immediately after the games are played.

If all three teams win as expected, and the wins end up KC 14, Buffalo 13, Cincinnati 12 the Bengals have no shot at the one seed anyway. I would give KC the option of either having the bye, or home field as long as they are alive, but not both. Buffalo gets the option KC doesn't choose, and Cinci gets the three seed. Variations of that scenario would be in play depending on the different possible outcomes.

I know if I'm Buffalo against New England this Sunday, if I win the toss I'm taking the ball. Drive, get a first down in the red zone, and bring out the kicking team for the field goal. Three for #3 to start the game.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 10:45 AM
But they didn't win. They didn't lose. They didn't tie.

If they can award things I'd like them to award the Buffalo Bills the Super Bowl Trophy. They deserve it for everything they went through this season.

There are no contenders. Might as well just cancel the SB and give it to the Bills.

The point of it would be to not penalize anyone for the game

It doesnt penalize ANY team in the nfl

You can argue the chiefs, yet they did lose to both teams.

Its not about giving the bills and cinci a fake win. Its about looking at the records, and making it make sense where it doesnt alter the schedule or season

It would be a fake win per say, but it would be intended on making the season fair

Forward_Lateral
01-03-2023, 10:46 AM
Nothing is going to be fair to all unless they play the game. Somebody is going to get screwed, and it's going to be Buffalo or Cincinnati, or both. The league will have to wait until the results of this weekend's games and then determine how to proceed. They should have contingency plans in place for all possible outcomes, and be able to announce and move forward immediately after the games are played.

If all three teams win as expected, and the wins end up KC 14, Buffalo 13, Cincinnati 12 the Bengals have no shot at the one seed anyway. I would give KC the option of either having the bye, or home field as long as they are alive, but not both. Buffalo gets the option KC doesn't choose, and Cinci gets the three seed. Variations of that scenario would be in play depending on the different possible outcomes.

I know if I'm Buffalo against New England this Sunday, if I win the toss I'm taking the ball. Drive, get a first down in the red zone, and bring out the kicking team for the field goal. Three for #3 to start the game.

Actually not a bad idea

Mr. Pink
01-03-2023, 10:49 AM
Let's just stick to football on this for a second, even though obviously Hamlins health is way more important.

Say they don't reschedule last nights game and they just don't count the game in the standings at all or both teams get a tie...

Chiefs win this weekend and they get homefield. They'll be 14-3. Best we can do would be 13-3-1 or 13-3.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Bills and cinci wins, they decide number one seed by opponent win %
KC and cinci win and bills lose, Cinci gets one seed
baltimore wins, they get 3 seed regardless

acehole
01-03-2023, 11:33 AM
You can't have a team going into the playoffs on short rest. The NFL would never do that.

You missed it... The playoff game would then follow suit for the loser IE if Ciny loses they play the following Playoff Game Thursday...

That would repeat until it does not mater

TigerJ
01-03-2023, 12:44 PM

A no contest would still mean the Bills could win Home Field by beating the Pats. They beat the Chiefs.I too think that moving the playoffs back a week is not on the table for the league. The league has never faced a situation to my knowledge where two teams in playoff contention could not complete their schedule due to a catastrophic injury. Having one more win than Buffalo, (if KC takes care of Las Vegas) KC would technically finish the season a half game better than Buffalo. The league will have to decide whether they want to figure it that way or give home field to Buffalo because of the head to head tie breaker. I'm not optimistic they would decide in Buffalo's favor.

Historian
01-05-2023, 03:58 PM
When he wakes up, I betcha his first question is..."So who won?"

Some day....you boys and girls are to listen to your Historian.

Some. Day.

:nono:

Cali512
01-05-2023, 04:01 PM
Regardless if the bills win they should get the one seed

Mace
01-05-2023, 04:12 PM

Some. Day.

You nailed it.

Mace
01-05-2023, 04:19 PM
After giving it further thought, I think the game should be played on Madden. HC vs HC, coordinators allowed to be present and give input.

kgun12
01-05-2023, 04:24 PM
Wait to see what happens this weekend. If the Bills win and the Bengals and Chiefs lose it just doesn’t matter!

Woodman
01-05-2023, 04:24 PM
8 teams qualify no bye week not even for the 1 seed.

1 vs. 8

2 vs. 7

3 vs. 6

4 vs. 5

Everything to be decided week 18.

If KC wins against LV they are the 1 seed.

If Buffalo beats New England they can be no worse than the 2 seed.

YardRat
01-06-2023, 08:11 AM

Some. Day.

This past year probably deserves another chapter, don't you think?

Historian
01-06-2023, 09:34 AM
I think you may be onto something there Rat, I really do.

Woodman
01-06-2023, 09:36 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bengals-joe-mixon-seemingly-takes-issue-nfl-postseason-seeding-changes-following-canceled-game-vs-bills

Bengals' Joe Mixon seemingly takes issue with NFL postseason seeding changes following canceled game vs Bills