X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Fantasy leagues in limbo.

I just got off the phone with a friend. This week was their super bowl. The guy trailing needs 4.5 more points out of Diggs to win. He said they are having a big fight over it. I haven't played fantasy in years so I never even thought of this. I imagine it's going on all over. Sad that Hamlin is fighting for his life and people are fighting over a few hundred bucks.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Fantasy leagues in limbo.

I needed Josh to get me 25 pts to win my week. But it’s a family league and we don’t really care at the moment.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Comment

• Skooby
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Obviously who gives a F about fantasy league, seriously get lives folks.

P.S. It’s always a “friend” when it’s always yourself, 3rd party BS.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
          Obviously who gives a F about fantasy league, seriously get lives folks.

P.S. It’s always a “friend” when it’s always yourself, 3rd party BS.

WTF. I haven't played fantasy in years bozo. Go find some more fake Bills news to report.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

I was in the championship this week and we just agreed to split the pot 50/50. Easy solution if both teams have a legitimate shot at winning the matchup which we did.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Who gives a shiz

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                • Nov 2012

Yeah, the league I am in has the championship all messed up. I was #1 until week 15 and I blew it. I'm in the consolation game, and I lead but my game is not finished (I have G Davis). Whatever. I don't really care, but yeah, all of fantasy is messed up.

Comment

• swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  I just got off the phone with a friend. This week was their super bowl. The guy trailing needs 4.5 more points out of Diggs to win. He said they are having a big fight over it. I haven't played fantasy in years so I never even thought of this. I imagine it's going on all over. Sad that Hamlin is fighting for his life and people are fighting over a few hundred bucks.
                  My response would be "who cares."

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                    My response would be "who cares."
                    Exactly

People are such idiots

Split the money, end the season, move on.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Split any money seems like the easy and fair solution. Sites like Draft Kings that offer huge payouts will have a mess on their hands. Hopefully they have some kind of language in their user agreement in the event a game isn't played.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Really simple. Co champions split 1st and second prize.

unless your a degenerate gambler in 40 leagues at Fan Duel

Comment

• Discotrish
                          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          I'm in the same situation, although I'm against Josh and Singletary, and I have Diggs on my team.

I'm up by 50 points though.

Thing is you have to figure it out and resolve it somehow. My inclination is to just wait for them to play the game. (if they do) Others suggested keeping the same lineup and using Week 18 points. Horrible idea! If they want to use Week 18 points I want to at least set my lineup for that week's games. Who knows who'll be playing and sitting next week.

In any case my odds of victory were 90+ percent so my league decided to award me the money (in cooperation with my opponent). If they end up playing the game and I lose then obviously I'll give the money back.

These are issues many leagues have to deal with regardless of the fact that we're still in the midst of a horrifying situation with one of the players in that game. But people can have concern for Damar Hamlin and deal with things in their fantasy league. Obviously it pales in comparison.

Regarding people fighting over outcomes/details -- that happens all the time in many leagues. Some people get very intense.
                          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                            • Nov 2012

On the Damar go fund me page, there’s a button to view the top donors. As you scroll down, there are about three or four fantasy leagues donating some big money. I would bet a lot of small donations too, but you can’t keep scrolling to find out.

Just donate it!

Comment

Working...
                            X