PDA

View Full Version : Hamlin 'didn't expect' Higgins to 'launch his body' into him, Bart Scott say

Woodman
01-03-2023, 03:26 PM
Damar Hamlin 'didn't expect' Tee Higgins to 'launch his body' into him, ESPN's Bart Scott says

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/damar-hamlin-didnt-expect-tee-higgins-launch-body-into-him-espns-bart-scott-says?dicbo=v2-119dab6884326b147ab749bf3f63e627

ESPN's Bart Scott, who was a former NFL linebacker, gave his piece on "First Take" Tuesday morning, and he brought up the wide receiver that Hamlin tackled, which ultimately led to him collapsing on the field: Bengals' Tee Higgins. (https://www.foxnews.com/category/person/tee-higgins)

Scott explained how he didn't believe Hamlin was prepared for the way Higgins ran into his body, and more specifically, his chest.

"Right before the tackle, [Higgins] lowers his helmet and he kinda throws his body into [Hamlin's] chest," Scott began to explain (https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1610346757006794757). "He’s standing up because he’s thinking he’s gotta chase Tee Higgins at an angle to make a tackle, so he didn’t expect Tee Higgins to launch his body back into him. It’s one of those things you see as a linebacker."

As a linebacker, Scott explained how a running back might lower his head immediately when expecting contact, which has led to defenders being exposed in the chest area if they're not quick enough to react. While the NFL has tried to crack down on that, it's not heavily enforced, Scott noted.

"They’ve taken that out of the game, but they don’t regulate it as much as possible," Scott said. "I expect the league will be a lot more vigilant when it comes to that and using that penalty."

sahlensguy
01-03-2023, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't say launch...

OpIv37
01-03-2023, 04:25 PM
Oh STFU.

Higgins did nothing wrong. He fought for extra yards like every NFL ball carrier does on every play.

The situation sucks, but it was a freak accident and nothing more. No one did anything wrong to cause if.

Cali512
01-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Oh STFU.

Higgins did nothing wrong. He fought for extra yards like every NFL ball carrier does on every play.

The situation sucks, but it was a freak accident and nothing more. No one did anything wrong to cause if.

A lot of people are essentially blaming higgins while trying to act like they arent

YardRat
01-04-2023, 05:29 AM
Diggs basically did the same thing on the Bills first play of the game. Higgins didn't do anything different that ball carriers do every week in every game.

Bart Scott really shouldn't be speaking for Damar (or anybody).

sahlensguy
01-04-2023, 05:37 AM
It's hit or be hit.

Its a violent sport. Higgins did nothing wrong given the parameters of the game.

jamze132
01-04-2023, 05:41 AM
Anyone who blames Higgins is friggin ridiculous. It’s football…hits like that take place hundreds of times throughout the season. Freak accident…no one’s fault.

Ingtar33
01-04-2023, 05:49 AM
Oh STFU.

exactly.

sometimes **** happens, there is no boogie man here.

Forward_Lateral
01-04-2023, 06:21 AM
Bart Scott is a complete and udder freaking moron.

Guy has the IQ of my work boots

Ingtar33
01-04-2023, 06:49 AM

well he did make his career as effectively a blocker for ray lewis, to keep guards off him.

Novacane
01-04-2023, 07:21 AM
The talking heads need to start talking about something else. They're starting to make fools of themselves. I should say bigger fools of themselves. They've always been fools.

sahlensguy
01-04-2023, 07:55 AM
The talking heads need to start talking about something else. They're starting to make fools of themselves. I should say bigger fools of themselves. They've always been fools.

Aaron Rodgers had the best reaction I've seen. In the 1st 5 minuses, he says it best.

https://youtu.be/H4Tm8Ox_tuw

Discotrish
01-04-2023, 08:11 AM
There's no need to explain away a typical NFL play.

If that were the cause, guys would be requiring CPR on a weekly basis.

sukie
01-04-2023, 08:36 AM
I like “he didn’t expect” like an unconscious Hamlin said this.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-04-2023, 08:41 AM

Classless move. Makes Higgins feel worse. I read Higgins was at hospital all day yesterday and taking it hard

Mr. Pink
01-04-2023, 03:42 PM
It's bad enough that Higgins will have to live with this play for the rest of his life and the outcome of it when he did nothing wrong...but he has people piling on him all over social media and asshats like Bart Scott to make it 100 times worse.

Cali512
01-04-2023, 05:19 PM
It bothers me that skip is getting more backlash than Bart Scott. When you actually read what skip said, it wasnt even close to as bad as Scotts take

ParanoidAndroid
01-04-2023, 05:38 PM
Higgins is a good guy and did nothing that the game doesn't encourage.

My point in the other thread is to enforce the same hitting rules for offensive players as they do defensive players.

Typ0
01-04-2023, 05:39 PM
Who is Fart Scott? **** him!

Cntrygal
01-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Aaron Rodgers had the best reaction I've seen. In the 1st 5 minuses, he says it best.

https://youtu.be/H4Tm8Ox_tuw

That's the most "real" sounding interview I think I've ever heard him give!

sahlensguy
01-04-2023, 08:00 PM
That's the most "real" sounding interview I think I've ever heard him give!

A side I didn't know Rodgers had and it's great to hear he and Josh are friends.