X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Hamlin 'didn't expect' Higgins to 'launch his body' into him, Bart Scott say

Damar Hamlin 'didn't expect' Tee Higgins to 'launch his body' into him, ESPN's Bart Scott says

ESPN's Bart Scott, who was a former NFL linebacker, gave his piece on "First Take" Tuesday morning, and he brought up the wide receiver that Hamlin tackled, which ultimately led to him collapsing on the field: Bengals' Tee Higgins.

Scott explained how he didn't believe Hamlin was prepared for the way Higgins ran into his body, and more specifically, his chest.

"Right before the tackle, [Higgins] lowers his helmet and he kinda throws his body into [Hamlin's] chest," Scott began to explain. "He’s standing up because he’s thinking he’s gotta chase Tee Higgins at an angle to make a tackle, so he didn’t expect Tee Higgins to launch his body back into him. It’s one of those things you see as a linebacker."

As a linebacker, Scott explained how a running back might lower his head immediately when expecting contact, which has led to defenders being exposed in the chest area if they're not quick enough to react. While the NFL has tried to crack down on that, it's not heavily enforced, Scott noted.

"They’ve taken that out of the game, but they don’t regulate it as much as possible," Scott said. "I expect the league will be a lot more vigilant when it comes to that and using that penalty."
    Last edited by Woodman; 01-03-2023, 03:31 PM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: Hamlin 'didn't expect' Higgins to 'launch his body' into him, Bart Scott say

I wouldn't say launch...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: Hamlin 'didn't expect' Higgins to 'launch his body' into him, Bart Scott say

Oh STFU.

Higgins did nothing wrong. He fought for extra yards like every NFL ball carrier does on every play.

The situation sucks, but it was a freak accident and nothing more. No one did anything wrong to cause if.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Oh STFU.

Higgins did nothing wrong. He fought for extra yards like every NFL ball carrier does on every play.

The situation sucks, but it was a freak accident and nothing more. No one did anything wrong to cause if.
        A lot of people are essentially blaming higgins while trying to act like they arent
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Diggs basically did the same thing on the Bills first play of the game. Higgins didn't do anything different that ball carriers do every week in every game.

Bart Scott really shouldn't be speaking for Damar (or anybody).
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

It's hit or be hit.

Its a violent sport. Higgins did nothing wrong given the parameters of the game.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Anyone who blames Higgins is friggin ridiculous. It’s football…hits like that take place hundreds of times throughout the season. Freak accident…no one’s fault.
              Last edited by jamze132; 01-04-2023, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Oh STFU.

exactly.

sometimes **** happens, there is no boogie man here.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Bart Scott is a complete and udder freaking moron.

Guy has the IQ of my work boots

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

well he did make his career as effectively a blocker for ray lewis, to keep guards off him.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

The talking heads need to start talking about something else. They're starting to make fools of themselves. I should say bigger fools of themselves. They've always been fools.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        The talking heads need to start talking about something else. They're starting to make fools of themselves. I should say bigger fools of themselves. They've always been fools.
                        Aaron Rodgers had the best reaction I've seen. In the 1st 5 minuses, he says it best.

Comment

• Discotrish
                          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                          • Nov 2003

There's no need to explain away a typical NFL play.

If that were the cause, guys would be requiring CPR on a weekly basis.
                          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

I like “he didn’t expect” like an unconscious Hamlin said this.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                              We play to win the game!
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

Classless move. Makes Higgins feel worse. I read Higgins was at hospital all day yesterday and taking it hard

Comment

Working...
                              X