PDA

View Full Version : The Bills will be America's choice this season in postseason

BuffaloBlitz83
01-04-2023, 01:56 PM
The tragedy along with the shooting, blizzard, past failures. Pretty sure once someone's team is out. They'll all be rooting for the Bills. Hopefully we can win for Damar and for 🐃!

Chris Russo was on this morning and said this too. He feels if bills win and chiefs win. Goodell should do right thing and award home field to Buffalo if he doesn't allow the game to continue. He said the backlash will be huge if buffalo loses a nail biter in kc.

Thurmal
01-04-2023, 02:49 PM
The tragedy along with the shooting, blizzard, past failures. Pretty sure once someone's team is out. They'll all be rooting for the Bills. Hopefully we can win for Damar and for 🐃!

Chris Russo was on this morning and said this too. He feels if bills win and chiefs win. Goodell should do right thing and award home field to Buffalo if he doesn't allow the game to continue. He said the backlash will be huge if buffalo loses a nail biter in kc.

I do not want to win a Super Bowl where we are gifted anything. We've all had to hear enough trash talk regarding our fandom of this team; the last thing we need is a scenario where we can't even fully enjoy a championship because everyone (rightfully) points out that we got the equivalent of a pity lay from the NFL.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-04-2023, 03:10 PM
Yeah, a scenario

TacklingDummy
01-04-2023, 03:15 PM
I do not want to win a Super Bowl where we are gifted anything. We've all had to hear enough trash talk regarding our fandom of this team; the last thing we need is a scenario where we can't even fully enjoy a championship because everyone (rightfully) points out that we got the equivalent of a pity lay from the NFL.
Anything but gifted. Well earned.
With everything they went through.

Thurmal
01-04-2023, 03:20 PM
Anything but gifted. Well earned.
With everything they went through.
They've been through more than any team I can remember. It doesn't mean that they should be handed homefield advantage. What happened to Hamlin is obviously a tragedy, but I still don't feel right about the Bills becoming a charity case because of it.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-04-2023, 03:23 PM
They've been through more than any team I can remember. It doesn't mean that they should be handed homefield advantage. What happened to Hamlin is obviously a tragedy, but I still don't feel right about the Bills becoming a charity case because of it.

I said if the nfl doesn't allow the game to be continued

Typ0
01-04-2023, 03:36 PM
Everyone needs to play for the trophies. The bye week is just as important if not more ... so who is he 'awarding' that to?

Woodman
01-04-2023, 04:21 PM

It wouldn't be anything even close to charity we beat them in their house period!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2023, 04:53 PM
If bills and chiefs are in afc championship game move it to a neutral site... Miami or Tampa

Cali512
01-04-2023, 05:03 PM
Chiefs, bills, cincinatti all win this weekend. It should go to the bills. If cinci loses and bills-chiefs win, ravens get 3 seed, bills get one seed. Cinci and kc win but the bills lose, KC gets one seed. If Kc loses, cinci wins, buffalo loses, cinci gets one seed, then buffalo, then KC

KC has no room to ***** because they lost to the bills and cinci.

This would be a one year common sense implementation that id only propose due to Kc having directly lost the tie breaker to buffalo and cinci

Thurmal
01-04-2023, 05:19 PM
It wouldn't be anything even close to charity we beat them in their house period!

Playoff seeding is based on W-L record first; you guys seem to forget that. By this logic, the Colts should've made the playoffs over the Bills last year, since they beat us in our house. Doesn't work that way.

Typ0
01-04-2023, 05:26 PM
Playoff seeding is based on W-L record first; you guys seem to forget that. By this logic, the Colts should've made the playoffs over the Bills last year, since they beat us in our house. Doesn't work that way.

Yeah but playing a different amount of games kinda botches that up.

Cali512
01-04-2023, 05:30 PM

Bad example. Read my solution, im curious what you would think

Thurmal
01-04-2023, 05:42 PM
Bad example. Read my solution, im curious what you would think
It's pretty good, but it still is one that in no way inconveniences Buffalo, which - as much as I hate to admit it - is a problem since we were the ones who decided to not continue the Bengals game (again, the clear correct decision).

Imagine KC and Buffalo were switched. Would you be okay, if we needed to make up a game on them, with the league deciding to just throw out their arguably most difficult game of the season and give them homefield, even if the Bills had more wins?

Playing the Bengals game seems callous and honestly puts us at a pretty big disadvantage if we lose, even bigger so than if we forfeit the Bengals game. That, or a "no contest," unfortunately seems to be the cleanest option.

Cali512
01-04-2023, 05:55 PM
It's pretty good, but it still is one that in no way inconveniences Buffalo, which - as much as I hate to admit it - is a problem since we were the ones who decided to not continue the Bengals game (again, the clear correct decision).

Imagine KC and Buffalo were switched. Would you be okay, if we needed to make up a game on them, with the league deciding to just throw out their arguably most difficult game of the season and give them homefield, even if the Bills had more wins?

Playing the Bengals game seems callous and honestly puts us at a pretty big disadvantage if we lose, even bigger so than if we forfeit the Bengals game. That, or a "no contest," unfortunately seems to be the cleanest option.

The only reason i dont really care is because the chiefs directly lost to the bills and cinci. So the whole "its not fair to them", i really dont care about. If they didnt already lose to the bills and cinci, i would be totally against this

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2023, 08:21 PM
I Have a question: I was unable to watch the game at all up to the time it was called.... from the score and the stats it looked like Cincy was dominating... am I wrong?

Novacane
01-04-2023, 08:27 PM
I Have a question: I was unable to watch the game at all up to the time it was called.... from the score and the stats it looked like Cincy was dominating... am I wrong?

Their offense was moving at will. Our offense was too but they forced us into a FG because of a dumb 2nd down call and dropped first down catch on 3rd.

Lexwhat
01-05-2023, 11:01 AM
Regardless of what Chris Russo thinks, there should be absolutely nothing handed to the Bills in any way, shape, or form.

If KC finishes ahead of us in the Standings, then so be it.

If the Bills-Bengals don't play, it should be a Loss for us, or at worst, a Tie. With a Tie, if we finish ahead of Cincy in the regular season, and play them in the playoffs, the playoff game should be played at a Neutral site.

Goddell shouldn't be awarding ANYTHING to the Bills. I have a huge problem if the Bills somehow "benefit" or indirectly capitalize from the Hamlin injury. That is very inappropriate.

If the Bills wanted the 1 seed, they should've beaten the Vikings. We will also see the result of the KC-Raiders game, but I suspect KC will win.

Saratoga Slim
01-05-2023, 11:25 AM
Fully agree that if anyone is going to benefit from this situation, I want it to be someone else. We've waited too long for a Super bowl to now get one with an asterik. We can win on the road if need be.

Prov401
01-06-2023, 12:18 AM
Almost feels like the NFL is spiting both the Bills and bengals for not wanting to come back out and play the other night. I can live with the kc game being playing at a neutral site, but to basically award them with the lone bye week seems very unfair. Only thing we can hope for is a raider miracle on Saturday.

YardRat
01-06-2023, 06:50 AM
If bills and chiefs are in afc championship game move it to a neutral site... Miami or Tampa

No effin' way. Never.

Novacane
01-06-2023, 07:35 AM
Indianapolis makes sense as a neutral site.

sukie
01-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Miami. It’s perfect weather

Albany,n.y.
01-06-2023, 01:04 PM
Toronto: What's more neutral than another country?

Woodman
01-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Bills will wear a 3 patch Sunday on their jersey's.

sukie
01-07-2023, 10:12 AM
I want a 3 patch

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/blob:http://www.billszone.com/d9d562d2-c985-4d4e-9d8c-a25cc8e649d1