• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

The Bills will be America's choice this season in postseason

The tragedy along with the shooting, blizzard, past failures. Pretty sure once someone's team is out. They'll all be rooting for the Bills. Hopefully we can win for Damar and for 🐃!

Chris Russo was on this morning and said this too. He feels if bills win and chiefs win. Goodell should do right thing and award home field to Buffalo if he doesn't allow the game to continue. He said the backlash will be huge if buffalo loses a nail biter in kc.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: The Bills will be America's choice this season in postseason

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
    The tragedy along with the shooting, blizzard, past failures. Pretty sure once someone's team is out. They'll all be rooting for the Bills. Hopefully we can win for Damar and for 🐃!

Chris Russo was on this morning and said this too. He feels if bills win and chiefs win. Goodell should do right thing and award home field to Buffalo if he doesn't allow the game to continue. He said the backlash will be huge if buffalo loses a nail biter in kc.
    I do not want to win a Super Bowl where we are gifted anything. We've all had to hear enough trash talk regarding our fandom of this team; the last thing we need is a scenario where we can't even fully enjoy a championship because everyone (rightfully) points out that we got the equivalent of a pity lay from the NFL.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
      Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
      • Nov 2012

Yeah, a scenario

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        I do not want to win a Super Bowl where we are gifted anything. We've all had to hear enough trash talk regarding our fandom of this team; the last thing we need is a scenario where we can't even fully enjoy a championship because everyone (rightfully) points out that we got the equivalent of a pity lay from the NFL.
        Anything but gifted. Well earned.
        With everything they went through.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          Anything but gifted. Well earned.
          With everything they went through.
          They've been through more than any team I can remember. It doesn't mean that they should be handed homefield advantage. What happened to Hamlin is obviously a tragedy, but I still don't feel right about the Bills becoming a charity case because of it.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

They've been through more than any team I can remember. It doesn't mean that they should be handed homefield advantage. What happened to Hamlin is obviously a tragedy, but I still don't feel right about the Bills becoming a charity case because of it.
            I said if the nfl doesn't allow the game to be continued

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Everyone needs to play for the trophies. The bye week is just as important if not more ... so who is he 'awarding' that to?

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

It wouldn't be anything even close to charity we beat them in their house period!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

If bills and chiefs are in afc championship game move it to a neutral site... Miami or Tampa
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Chiefs, bills, cincinatti all win this weekend. It should go to the bills. If cinci loses and bills-chiefs win, ravens get 3 seed, bills get one seed. Cinci and kc win but the bills lose, KC gets one seed. If Kc loses, cinci wins, buffalo loses, cinci gets one seed, then buffalo, then KC

KC has no room to ***** because they lost to the bills and cinci.

This would be a one year common sense implementation that id only propose due to Kc having directly lost the tie breaker to buffalo and cinci
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                      It wouldn't be anything even close to charity we beat them in their house period!
                      Playoff seeding is based on W-L record first; you guys seem to forget that. By this logic, the Colts should've made the playoffs over the Bills last year, since they beat us in our house. Doesn't work that way.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Playoff seeding is based on W-L record first; you guys seem to forget that. By this logic, the Colts should've made the playoffs over the Bills last year, since they beat us in our house. Doesn't work that way.
                        Yeah but playing a different amount of games kinda botches that up.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Bad example. Read my solution, im curious what you would think
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                            Bad example. Read my solution, im curious what you would think
                            It's pretty good, but it still is one that in no way inconveniences Buffalo, which - as much as I hate to admit it - is a problem since we were the ones who decided to not continue the Bengals game (again, the clear correct decision).

Imagine KC and Buffalo were switched. Would you be okay, if we needed to make up a game on them, with the league deciding to just throw out their arguably most difficult game of the season and give them homefield, even if the Bills had more wins?

Playing the Bengals game seems callous and honestly puts us at a pretty big disadvantage if we lose, even bigger so than if we forfeit the Bengals game. That, or a "no contest," unfortunately seems to be the cleanest option.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

It's pretty good, but it still is one that in no way inconveniences Buffalo, which - as much as I hate to admit it - is a problem since we were the ones who decided to not continue the Bengals game (again, the clear correct decision).

Imagine KC and Buffalo were switched. Would you be okay, if we needed to make up a game on them, with the league deciding to just throw out their arguably most difficult game of the season and give them homefield, even if the Bills had more wins?

Playing the Bengals game seems callous and honestly puts us at a pretty big disadvantage if we lose, even bigger so than if we forfeit the Bengals game. That, or a "no contest," unfortunately seems to be the cleanest option.

The only reason i dont really care is because the chiefs directly lost to the bills and cinci. So the whole "its not fair to them", i really dont care about. If they didnt already lose to the bills and cinci, i would be totally against this

Comment

Working...
                              X