PDA

View Full Version : Adversity

YardRat
01-04-2023, 05:11 PM
End last season with "13 seconds" and a coin flip.
Co-owner experiences a health episode that has kept her away from the public (as it should be) almost all year.
Mass shooting in the community.
A rash of injuries, especially to key defenders that were supposed to help the team get over the hump.
Forced to play in...literally...killer heat because of a bush league team, stadium, and attitude.
The snowstorm that moved a home game to Detroit.
Three games in 12 days.
The blizzard that basically forced them to play a game with no legitimate practices, and stuck in a city away from their families for the holiday.
Player experiences a health episode during a game that scares the living **** out of everybody but especially stomps and crushes the gamut of emotions of the players and staff as they watched in real time an incident that could have ended up with tragic consequences.

Did I forget anything?

How much more adversity can this team take? Will the cumulative effect of the above events galvanize them and make them stronger, or is there a breaking point and was it just reached?

Woodman
01-04-2023, 05:16 PM
The fumble at the goal line against Minnesota was especially brutal when all we needed was enough room to kneel down.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-04-2023, 05:31 PM
Did I forget anything?

Yeah, OpIv had to pay to watch national broadcasts

Typ0
01-04-2023, 05:32 PM
The fumble at the goal line against Minnesota was especially brutal when all we needed was enough room to kneel down.

I would characterize that more a symptom of the adversity.

Our guys were rebuilding and trying to get ready for the playoffs and this is a big shock.

Hard to say. Allen might go into monster focus mode to cope. They all could. But it's a lot they might be empty. If the tank is empty it's got to be understood in this case as just that.

imbondz
01-04-2023, 05:35 PM
Adversity isn’t a strong enough word for what this organization and fan base have been though.

Typ0
01-04-2023, 05:37 PM
We should plan one hell of a party for our team after the season.

TacklingDummy
01-04-2023, 05:52 PM
Freezing their asses off in Chicago.

Hyde’s broken neck.

Mace
01-04-2023, 06:33 PM
End last season with "13 seconds" and a coin flip.
Co-owner experiences a health episode that has kept her away from the public (as it should be) almost all year.
Mass shooting in the community.
A rash of injuries, especially to key defenders that were supposed to help the team get over the hump.
Forced to play in...literally...killer heat because of a bush league team, stadium, and attitude.
The snowstorm that moved a home game to Detroit.
Three games in 12 days.
The blizzard that basically forced them to play a game with no legitimate practices, and stuck in a city away from their families for the holiday.
Player experiences a health episode during a game that scares the living **** out of everybody but especially stomps and crushes the gamut of emotions of the players and staff as they watched in real time an incident that could have ended up with tragic consequences.

Did I forget anything?

How much more adversity can this team take? Will the cumulative effect of the above events galvanize them and make them stronger, or is there a breaking point and was it just reached?

No idea. We'll find out though.

sahlensguy
01-04-2023, 07:56 PM

It will make them stronger as men. No idea if that will translate on Sunday.

Must say I'm not a bug fan of McD on GameDay but I'm glad he's the head coach for these guys. Hamlin's injury shows everyone involved that there's more to life than the game of football and McD is a good guy to lead them through this terrible situation and the other situations you mentioned.

kgun12
01-04-2023, 08:25 PM
My wife and I were discussing this yesterday, but it’s amazing not only what’s happening this year to the Bills but let’s not forget the horrible history wide right, home run throwback, the Everett injury and the scary Dane Jackson injury earlier this year that could have turn out as bad as Everett’s. Could you imagine that on top of Hamlin’s?

How about the Sabres and Hull’s no goal, Clint Milarcuk(sp), all the injuries in the Eastern Conference finals against Carolina and I know I’m missing some.

Over 110 years between the two teams and not only don’t we have a SB or Stanley Cup, we lose them in the most ridiculous of circumstance or fashion. Not to mention the Braves being swept away in the middle of the night.

What the he’ll did this city and/or fan base do to deserve this much bad luck, horrible injuries and losses. Is the city and its stadium/arenas built on Indian burial grounds, dead a curse put on this city back in the day? Something is not right and I’m just so tired. Like I said Monday night I was a wreck and after a few day’s thinking about all this I’m emotionally drained, I can’t even think about the SB and what ending could be awaiting this city and team this time.

Woodman
01-04-2023, 08:29 PM
We gotta good day coming soon. :pray:

kgun12
01-04-2023, 08:30 PM
God I hope so!

Novacane
01-04-2023, 08:31 PM
This team and city deserve a championship.

bleve
01-04-2023, 08:56 PM
This team and city deserve a championship.

Well, if they do...I'd hide the breakables.

YardRat
01-06-2023, 07:12 AM
I forgot Knox losing his younger brother...my bad.

Woodman
01-06-2023, 02:51 PM
I forgot Knox losing his younger brother...my bad.

A lot of us did.

What a year.

Night Train
01-06-2023, 03:13 PM
What about actually losing games ? From what I read here, that's never suppose to happen. :up:

YardRat
01-06-2023, 03:20 PM
I also forget about the Punt God **** show the week before the season opener. Yeesh.