• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

We want whatever Bills want

The NFL has not announced how it will handle Monday night's game between the Bengals and Bills that was suspended after safety Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest.

Joe Burrow on whether to resume Monday night’s game!

The NFL has not announced how it will handle Monday night’s game between the Bengals and Bills that was suspended after safety Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, speaking for the first time since Monday, said players are “in the dark” as to what the league will decide.

He conceded logistically it could be difficult to resume the game, which was stopped in the first quarter with the Bengals leading 7-3.

“I think that would be tough just scheduling-wise,” Burrow said, via Tyler Sullivan of CBS Sports. “I think whatever Buffalo would want to do would be what we would want to do as well. We’re behind them 100 percent and support them in whatever they would decide to do going forward.”
    The Bengals do know that they will play the Ravens on Sunday, looking for a win to clinch the AFC North for the second consecutive year.
    “Unfortunate as it is, we got a game to play on Sunday,” Burrow said. “As unusual as this week has been, it’s business as usual from a football standpoint, unfortunately.
    “I don’t even really know what to say about it, because it’s such a scary and emotional time and guys still have a football game to play on Sunday, and it’s our job to get out there and execute and play the game the way that we need to play it to go and win. It is what it is. We’ve had discussions as a team about what happened and about where we’re at going forward and that’s where we’re at.”

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: We want whatever Bills want

Bills need to play and beat everyone. no one is going to roll over for them
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

BZ Link
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

The NFL is moving toward solving the problem arising from the postponement of the Week 17 game between the Bills and Bengals.

Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game

The NFL is moving toward solving the problem arising from the postponement of the Week 17 game between the Bills and Bengals.

Current momentum is pointing toward not resuming the Bills-Bengals game, and declaring it a no contest. Playoff seeding then would be determined based on the outcome of the Week 18 games.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

I read it being point percentage and unfortunately 14-3 is a higher percentage than 13-3. It would lock us into #2 and Bengals into #3 providing we all win this week. Raiders coming up big would be great but I doubt it.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Joe Burrow has really proved himself to be a class act. He's my new favorite QB not named Josh.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

There is no playbook for handling a situation like this, but the Bengals have done it perfectly. I have a lot of respect for them.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                There is no playbook for handling a situation like this, but the Bengals have done it perfectly. I have a lot of respect for them.
                Listening to Zac Taylor speak, I agree. He is nothing but genuine.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-bengals-game/

Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game

Current momentum is pointing toward not resuming the Bills-Bengals game, and declaring it a no contest. Playoff seeding then would be determined based on the outcome of the Week 18 games.
                  A bit more from the article:

This means that the Chiefs would capture the No. 1 seed by beating the Raiders on Saturday. The Bills would become the top seed by beating the Patriots on Sunday, if the Chiefs lose on Saturday.

A Bills loss and a Bengals win over the Ravens on Sunday would vault Cincinnati into the No. 2 seed, with the Bengals securing eclipsing the Bills based on the strength of victory tiebreaker. That would set up a potential Bills-Bengals game in Cincinnati, in the divisional round.

There is currently no talk about the possibility of an eventual Bills-Chiefs AFC Championship being played at a neutral site, even though the Bills would have clinched the top seed by beating Cincinnati and New England.

The cancellation of Bills-Bengals also would clinch the AFC North for Cincinnati. If the Bengals had lost to the Bills, the winner of Sunday’s Ravens-Bengals game would have won the AFC North.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                    A bit more from the article:

This means that the Chiefs would capture the No. 1 seed by beating the Raiders on Saturday. The Bills would become the top seed by beating the Patriots on Sunday, if the Chiefs lose on Saturday.

A Bills loss and a Bengals win over the Ravens on Sunday would vault Cincinnati into the No. 2 seed, with the Bengals securing eclipsing the Bills based on the strength of victory tiebreaker. That would set up a potential Bills-Bengals game in Cincinnati, in the divisional round.

There is currently no talk about the possibility of an eventual Bills-Chiefs AFC Championship being played at a neutral site, even though the Bills would have clinched the top seed by beating Cincinnati and New England.

The cancellation of Bills-Bengals also would clinch the AFC North for Cincinnati. If the Bengals had lost to the Bills, the winner of Sunday’s Ravens-Bengals game would have won the AFC North.

Bills rightfully should get the one seed over the chiefs if the bills win. We already had the tie breaker over them
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                    X