• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

He's Awake!

Breaking: Damar Hamlin is awake and showing signs of improvement, per #Bills CB Kaiir Elam

10:27 AM · Jan 5, 2023
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: He's Awake!

Awesome!

Comment

• swiper
      • Sep 2010

So happy!

- - - Updated - - -

He's awake and neurologically intact. Great, great news.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

I’m amazed at the statement the Bills put out saying he’s “neurologically intact”. Every CPR/First Aid and advanced training I’ve had, we were always told after 4-6 minutes of CPR, there is some Brian damage and after 10 minutes they will never have normal Brian function. To say he’s neurologically intact is nothing short of AMAZING!!!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
          I’m amazed at the statement the Bills put out saying he’s “neurologically intact”. Every CPR/First Aid and advanced training I’ve had, we were always told after 4-6 minutes of CPR, there is some Brian damage and after 10 minutes they will never have normal Brian function. To say he’s neurologically intact is nothing short of AMAZING!!!
          That is not true, in my experience. Especially with high quality, immediate CPR

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

It may take a while to fully assess if there was any neurological damage. But I'll take the Bills' statement at face value--I'm sure they had medical/legal input on their choice of phrasing. I take it to mean that he is communicating well and appears to be himself.

Truly miraculous news.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Best News!

Bless Damar and his family!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                They had O2 to give him on the field. Big deal! Great news!

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

WHAT A RELIEF! THANK GOD!!!
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Discotrish
                    Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                    • Nov 2003

Finally some good news!
                    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                      The things I get you to say
                      • Oct 2019

Praise God, okay men win the whole damn thing. Do it for Damar
                      Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Awesome news! Must feel great for his family. I was hoping the players would get some encouraging news to lift their spirits before having to head into another game.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                          That is not true, in my experience. Especially with high quality, immediate CPR

Correct - In cardiac arrest, as long as the CPR is high quality, there (usually) continues to be blood circulation. The scenario kgun referred to is how long a patient has been in arrest without effective CPR. The issue is, though, that "high quality" CPR is often lacking. Moreover, defibrillation should be instituted as soon as possible for shockable rhythms.

There are many other patient exceptions as well. Cardiac tamponade is one of them, where even good quality chest compressions will not lead to effective blood circulation.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Bills: Damar Hamlin has made “remarkable improvement” in past 24 hours

“Per the physicians caring for Damar Hamlin at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar has shown remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours,” the statement said. “While still critically ill, he has demonstrated that he appears to be neurologically intact. His lungs continue to heal and he is making steady progress. We are grateful for the love and support we have received.”

Hamlin’s agents also released a statement calling his improvement “substantial” and offering further thanks to medical personnel for their work and to those who have offered support to Hamlin over the last few days.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                              Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                              • Nov 2012

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 8.57.18 AM.png

Comment

Working...
                              X