PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats

Gibby 2.0
01-05-2023, 10:40 AM
Yes, only 9:02 of this game was played but there are still balls and goats to go around

Balls:
Denny Kellington, his CPR may have saved a man's life and prevented lasting damage
Sean McDermott, Zac Taylor: they are the reason this game did not resume. The league has been in damage control mode for days but they refused to continue this game
Refs: for deferring to the coaches
EMTs and UC Medical Center: Damar is fortunate that he received care at one of the world's best cardiovascular medical facilities
Everyone who donated to Damar's charity

Goats:

Roger Goodell: I have every reason to believe and every indication is that they were trying to restart the game. Take your money and resign Roger

Honorable mention: there was some of a game and Diggs was catching

TacklingDummy
01-05-2023, 10:51 AM
Goats:

Refs: Lame PI on Tre and missed hold on TD pass.

Bengals cheap shots on Allen and Taron.

Balls:

How the NFL and emergency staff responded to Hamlin.

kgun12
01-05-2023, 10:57 AM
I’ll agree with who you gave Balls to but absolutely disagree with your assessment of Goodell. As the leader of any organization the leader has to look at everything especially during a situation like this. He took all the information he was given and with the help of the coaches and a lot of other input he made the correct call.

Just look at all the conversations on the talk shows around what to do about the rest of the season and playoffs. As the Commissioner, he was not only processing what was happening at the moment, but his job was to also think about everything else. Anyone that has been put into a tough decision understands the importance of the immediate actions but must look beyond that. Again the correct decision was made.

Woodman
01-05-2023, 11:21 AM
Balls .... Dr. Lecter for getting this time stamp working! :cheers:

swiper
01-05-2023, 01:14 PM
Balls .... Dr. Lecter for getting this time stamp working! :cheers:

All hail the Doctor!

I can stop *****ing now!

Of course I was improperly banned for a month. But when reinstatement note said I was to get back in at 2 am on 12/24 and I had to wait to 8 am. LOL. Priorities. LOL.

OpIv37
01-05-2023, 01:17 PM
I never thought I'd add a goat 3 days after a game that ended after 9 minutes but:

Goat:
Any asshat who tried to blame Higgins or implied that Higgins did something wrong.

swiper
01-05-2023, 01:26 PM
I never thought I'd add a goat 3 days after a game that ended after 9 minutes but:

Goat:
Any asshat who tried to blame Higgins or implied that Higgins did something wrong.

Again, there doesn't have to be a villian here.

Forward_Lateral
01-05-2023, 02:12 PM

Goat:

That's my only goat as well.

YardRat
01-05-2023, 05:22 PM
Goat: Any asshat that tries to blame anybody for how this was handled.