New rule they should implement if players are in a stretcher or taken away in ambulan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

New rule they should implement if players are in a stretcher or taken away in ambulan

New rule

If a player is in this situation, the team should be given 10-15 minutes to process the information then move forward. Give the team a chance to process information, allow the team more time to re group, and it gives the league more time in these situations. And this time should be implemented immediately after the player has left the field

************PLEASE READ THIS CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!!***********

Originally posted by Cntrygal View Post
    It was probably your wording. You specified "THIS" situation.

In this particular situation, both teams watched a man die and being resuscitated before being taken away. The idea you proposed - sounded like you were saying that after 10-15 minutes, they should have resumed the game.
    Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    I realize that now. When i said this situation, i meant in general when players are carried off in an ambulance or stretcher, give the players more time to re group and if there is a situation like hamlins, it gives the nfl and coaches/players some time to make a decision without the pressure
    Last edited by Cntrygal; 01-05-2023, 07:09 PM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • POTLAND PSILBYLO
    Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
    • Nov 2012

Re: New rule they should implement if players are in a stretcher or taken away in amb

Who are you, Bill Maher?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: New rule they should implement if players are in a stretcher or taken away in amb

What if they are taken off the field on a cart? That doesn't count?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

What if they deserved it?

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
          What if they deserved it?
          Please explain
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Please explain
            No. Figure it out and rewrite your rule without loopholes.

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
              No. Figure it out and rewrite your rule without loopholes.

What loophole? They already get 5 minutes in these circumstances, im saying make it 10-15

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO ARGUE THIS?

How the **** is this complicated?

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

What loophole? They already get 5 minutes in these circumstances, im saying make it 10-15

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO ARGUE THIS?

How the **** is this complicated?
                Yawn.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Let's not overreact over a once in a lifetime freak accident.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Its not over reacting. Im saying give the players more time to process the situation. What harm does this cause? Literally the 2 issues people are talking about is that they apparently were given 5 minutes and the fact that they force teams to just go back to playing football

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Its insane to me that giving players ten ****ing minutes to process a serious injury is a actual complicated issue for yall, **** man, this should be common sense

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                        Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                        • Nov 2012

"Your friend is dead. Here's 10:00, begin. ... Times up - back to work"

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by SMOKE IT View Post
                          "Your friend is dead. Here's 10:00, begin. ... Times up - back to work"
                          When does the 10:00 clock begin?

When the play is whistled dead, or when the player is dead?

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Wait wait, i think yall mis took what i was saying

Im saying that teams should be given 10 mins when a player is taken on a stretcher to give them time to re group and process it

Im not saying in this situation they should be only given 10 minutes. Im saying give them time during serious injuries involving the neck or spine

I think yall mis took what i was saying

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

What is the old rule?
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X