PDA

View Full Version : Game won't be made up

TacklingDummy
01-05-2023, 05:47 PM
That's what my local TV news stations are saying. Sorry if already posted.

YardRat
01-05-2023, 05:57 PM
I'll believe when I see it. Or, in this case, don't see it, I guess.

Mace
01-05-2023, 06:27 PM
I'm reading it'll be no contest, Cinci wins their div, locked into 3rd seed, Bills can get 1st if we win and KC loses, if Cinci & Buffalo meet for afc championship, might be on neutral field. No point in links until it's official.

Novacane
01-05-2023, 06:30 PM
Go Raiders!

Thurmal
01-05-2023, 06:43 PM
Bills need to forfeit the Bengals game. It's one of the only results that doesn't compromise the integrity of the playoffs, since a potential Buffalo-Cincinnati game would be played in Cincy, like the game this past week should've been. If we somehow end up with a bye and/or homefield, any possible championship will always be disputed to some degree.

Cali512
01-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Bills need to forfeit the Bengals game. It's one of the only results that doesn't compromise the integrity of the playoffs, since a potential Buffalo-Cincinnati game would be played in Cincy, like the game this past week should've been. If we somehow end up with a bye and/or homefield, any possible championship will always be disputed to some degree.

I dont think it would, because the counter is "the chiefs lost to the bills and they had the same amount of losses, and i dont think itd be appropriate for the chiefs to dispute it

imbondz
01-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Let’s wait until after the weekend tho. If we win and KC miraculously loses wouldn’t we get the #1 seed?

BuffaloBlitz83
01-05-2023, 06:53 PM

Screw that. We been screwed all year. We had the ball 1 time. No other way than a no contest in a game that lasted 7 minutes

Woodman
01-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Let’s wait until after the weekend tho. If we win and KC miraculously loses wouldn’t we get the #1 seed?

Yes we will!

YardRat
01-05-2023, 06:56 PM

I don't care if it would be disputed. **** the detractors and naysayers.

Mace
01-05-2023, 06:57 PM

Yes, and Cinci gave up their shot at the 1st seed, if this is all true.

That's about as good as it will get, it will be so, and if we can't win this SB, I honestly want the Bengals to. What will be will be.

northernbillfan
01-05-2023, 06:59 PM
I'll believe when I see it. Or, in this case, don't see it, I guess.
Reported just now on News 4 Buffalo

northernbillfan
01-05-2023, 07:01 PM
https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-bengals-game-wont-be-resumed-sources-tell-ap/

Thurmal
01-05-2023, 07:11 PM
Screw that. We been screwed all year. We had the ball 1 time. No other way than a no contest in a game that lasted 7 minutes
There's a big difference between getting screwed and having a run of significant bad luck that is no one else's fault. We're not entitled to special treatment just because of admittedly awful stuff that happened this season.

Mace
01-05-2023, 08:10 PM
There's a big difference between getting screwed and having a run of significant bad luck that is no one else's fault. We're not entitled to special treatment just because of admittedly awful stuff that happened this season.

One way or another, I think we'll all remember this season if we experienced it, the team even more so. If we manage to win a championship....if....I think an asterisk makes this team even more legendary.

And if we don't, even though I gripe about them, I'll always remember this season for being the Bills team I'm the most proud of, for fighting against everything in their way, and it was ridiculous.

If fate is kind, and I don't think it is, this should be the year. If fate is not kind, it gets a legendary spitshower and a sneer, because that's the best it can do and we have next year.

DraftBoy
01-05-2023, 08:16 PM
Good call Dummy. Nailed that one!

TacklingDummy
01-05-2023, 08:33 PM
Good call Dummy. Nailed that one!
Maybe I'll be right about the rematch being in Buffalo during the AFC Championship game.

Cntrygal
01-05-2023, 08:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL’s full release on everything related to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> game and all that could happen <a href="https://t.co/EVk8KBnjol">pic.twitter.com/EVk8KBnjol</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1611184078136528896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OpIv37
01-05-2023, 09:07 PM
The league ****ed Cincy and Buffalo out of a chance at the 1 seed and gift-wrapped it for KC because of a tragedy.

Most likely outcome this week: Bills and Chiefs both win and Cincy becomes irrelevant. But, even though Buffalo and KC would have the same number of losses in that scenario, AND Buffalo beat KC head to head, they will have a higher winning percentage because they got to play more games.

If, by some miracle, LV bears KC, then Bills/Cincy decides the 1 seed in the AFC, but that game will never happen.

a 24 year old almost died and that gives KC the easiest path to the 1 seed. That’s really ****ed up

TacklingDummy
01-05-2023, 09:18 PM
They might add a 8th playoff team and no bye is a rumor.

Woodman
01-05-2023, 09:59 PM
If we win our game.

and

If KC drops their game they can't be the 1 seed.

Woodman
01-05-2023, 10:00 PM
They might add a 8th playoff team and no bye is a rumor.

That's the one I like the most add the 8th team and nobody gets a bye.

OpIv37
01-05-2023, 10:10 PM
If we win our game.

and

If KC drops their game they can't be the 1 seed.
Vegas sucks. KC wont lose that game. It’s theirs. The only thing that makes it slightly fair is a potential neutral site game if it comes down to us vs them for the AFC.

Woodman
01-05-2023, 10:29 PM
Bottom line we need to win our game no matter what KC does.