• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Owners meeting tomorrow to determine playoff seeding

There will be an owners meeting on Friday regarding the AFC playoff seeding issues.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Owners meeting tomorrow to determine playoff seeding

Then I guess we'll find out which Talking Head has guessed the right scenario and everyone can stop with the insane graphics.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

The challenge of configuring the AFC playoffs absent the Week 17 game between the Bills and Bengals has escalated to the highest level of the sport.

Owners will convene on Friday regarding AFC playoff seeding

Per multiple sources, the NFL’s owners will convene on Friday regarding the issue. The meeting will happen via videoconference, not in person.

With the Bills and Bengals not playing, the seeding would be determined based on winning percentage. But that would create a perceived unfair advantage for the Chiefs, who would capture the No. 1 seed simply by beating the Raiders on Saturday — even though the Chiefs have lost to the Bills and the Bengals. The situation also creates a competitive disadvantage for the Bengals, who could have landed at No. 2 or even at No. 1 if they had won the game against the Bills.

As one source explained it to PFT, the owners will have to resolve some “controversial” aspects of finalizing the plan. The specific options for the owners currently aren’t known.

It also isn’t known whether the situation would be resolved by a simple majority or a 24-vote supermajority.

Regardless, the league has yet to make a decision. On Friday, the owners hopefully will do so.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Skip afc playoffs. Go directly to Buffalo vs Cincinnati championship game at a neutral site. ��

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
          The things I get you to say
          • Oct 2019

Frankly, I would not be at all surprised if this team went on a tear and won the whole damn thing.
          Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

I still think if the bills win, they should get the one seed. I only say this because of the tie breaker

They were at the bills mercy last week. Even if we lost, they would need to win this week. i dont see why its much different now
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Current proposal is Bills Chief would be at a neutral site if we finish with the same amount of losses. I'm fine with that.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                Current proposal is Bills Chief would be at a neutral site if we finish with the same amount of losses. I'm fine with that.
                I predicted earlier it was going to be played in Miami. Nice weather and stadium not being used.

Comment

• helmetguy
                  Touch the helmet for luck
                  • Sep 2002

Heard this on SiriusXM NFL Channel this morning regarding the neutral site (offered by a Cincy Fan calling in):

1. If it's KC vs Buffalo, neutral site would be Cincy
                  2. If it's KC vs Cincy, neutral site would be Buffalo.
                  3. If Cincy and Buffalo both with Week 18, Cincy vs Buffalo would be in Buffalo
                  Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                  And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

If it's a neutral site game it will probably be in Indy or Detroit. Dome stadium, and driving distance for fans from all three teams.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      If it's a neutral site game it will probably be in Indy or Detroit. Dome stadium, and driving distance for fans from all three teams.
                      Detroit would feel like a second home. Plus I live in Michigan!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

I'm over who we play and where we play it. LFG.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Kinda don’t want 1 seed. A bye IMHO would be a detriment after what’s transpired. The country has pretty much joined the mafia. Give them the extra game to cheer over.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                            Kinda don’t want 1 seed. A bye IMHO would be a detriment after what’s transpired. The country has pretty much joined the mafia. Give them the extra game to cheer over.
                            By beating the Patriots we secure no worse than the 2 seed.

I'm good with that.
                            How about you young man?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Cincinnati Bengals star running back Joe Mixon took to social media Thursday night to voice his opinion on the NFL's solution to Monday night’s canceled game against the Buffalo Bills.

Bengals' Joe Mixon seemingly takes issue with NFL postseason seeding changes following canceled game vs Bills

Comment

Working...
                              X