X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Running Back Torch is Passed.

Cook will probably be the #1 going forward.

Singletary had a bad game today. But you can see that Cook is more quicker and faster, even looked more decisive today than motor.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Running Back Torch is Passed.

Yup. With DS being an UFA, he's all but gone.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      Cook will probably be the #1 going forward.

Singletary had a bad game today. But you can see that Cook is more quicker and faster, even looked more decisive today than motor.
      Should have happened earlier in the season imho.

Hard to predict what Singletary will want in FA. Outside chance he could be back.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Singletary still pulled his weight. Served us well.

Moss was the bust and he was traded for Hines, who won us the game today.

Cook is still a rotational back who needs to gain weight. We'll see what happens ...but that's next season and I don't care about the draft or free agency right now. That's for fans who's teams are out of the playoffs.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

they can pass the torch from McKenzie to Shakir, as far as Im concerned.

Comment

• Discotrish
            Raging hypocrite and resident troll
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Should have happened earlier in the season imho.

Hard to predict what Singletary will want in FA. Outside chance he could be back.
            Maybe the Colts will sign him.

Can you imagine them with the one-two punch of Singletary and Moss while JT rehabs?
            Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
              they can pass the torch from McKenzie to Shakir, as far as Im concerned.
              With you on this. I mean him and Gabe Davis are just bad.

Give Beasley/Brown/Shakir the reps. It's enough of the BS. Davis had 10 targets, 3 catches, dropped a TD body catching, doesn't get two feet in on a good throw. Just awful I still don't understand how both he and McKenzie were in the same spot on that all out blitz throw. I mean Davis caught it but two WRs should not be there. Something is off with those two. Go with the two vets that know the O and roll out Shakir as much as you can. Done.

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Singletary still pulled his weight. Served us well.

Moss was the bust and he was traded for Hines, who won us the game today.

Cook is still a rotational back who needs to gain weight. We'll see what happens ...but that's next season and I don't care about the draft or free agency right now. That's for fans who's teams are out of the playoffs.
                The only thing I'd add is that they're all rotational backs, it's a matter of when you rotate them, they cooled Cook down too many times when he was heating up, and didn't really use him much for receiving. I'm fine with Singletary in the rotation, just not as the primary. He pulls his weight, he's just not the threat Cook is.

I was high on both Moss and McKenzie coming into the season. Was wrong.

Would still like a bigger contact back in the rotation though. I don't at all like Allen being the bruiser.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Draft a legit #2 receiver next spring

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    I swear this is not 20/20, but I really wanted the Bills to take Pickens. They did a bad job in the draft the last few years. Focused way too much on DL, and left the DB depth disappear. They were forced to take a DB, they couldnt keep relying on 7th rounders, but Pickens was the guy. He's exactly what this O needed too. I know he went in the 2nd but last 1st was fine for him, he only slipped due to injury, guy was a stud.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                      With you on this. I mean him and Gabe Davis are just bad.

Give Beasley/Brown/Shakir the reps. It's enough of the BS. Davis had 10 targets, 3 catches, dropped a TD body catching, doesn't get two feet in on a good throw. Just awful I still don't understand how both he and McKenzie were in the same spot on that all out blitz throw. I mean Davis caught it but two WRs should not be there. Something is off with those two. Go with the two vets that know the O and roll out Shakir as much as you can. Done.
                      The ball he had hands on early was lucky to not turn into a pick 6.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Singletary has had a really good last 4-5 weeks, and he is the best blocker we have at halfback, by far. If he isn't looking for too much he might be back.

Really disappointed in McKenzie and Davis, I expected a lot more from both. McKenzie might not return, and I was ready to extend Davis already but after this season let him play it out in '23. Still don't see Shakir replacing either one, he's more of a Diggs-Lite.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          Singletary has had a really good last 4-5 weeks, and he is the best blocker we have at halfback, by far. If he isn't looking for too much he might be back.

Really disappointed in McKenzie and Davis, I expected a lot more from both. McKenzie might not return, and I was ready to extend Davis already but after this season let him play it out in '23. Still don't see Shakir replacing either one, he's more of a Diggs-Lite.
                          It's kind of hard concluding anything yet about Shakir, Coming into this game they only targeted him 18 times in 13 games. They targeted Crowder 13 times in 4 games. They're never going to figure out who he might replace by banging the ball over and over on hands of stone Davis hoping he suddenly remembers his time on a juggs machine.

They sort of need to find out what they have and stop repeating the same problems because they love them some vets who aren't doing so well, imho. Put Beasley in there, oh it's a different contract than practice squad, but look you carried Bobby Hart all year at a certain price. If Shakir is playing it's at least a better maybe than Davis at this point.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            Looks like we are gonna have too.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

They won’t draft a WR. They will roll with Gabe and probably sign another vet. The line needs to be addressed and the secondary

Comment

Working...
                              X