PDA

View Full Version : Its Mahomes mvp, but allen should be second based on total tds/yds

Cali512
01-08-2023, 10:39 PM
Mahomes- 46 total tds 5,600 total yds, 12 ints

Allen- 42 total tds, 5000 total yds, 14 ints

Allen also didnt play a whole game

Definitely mahomes award, but allens number 2 no question

TacklingDummy
01-09-2023, 07:18 AM
Things of beauty. 25 of Mahomes 41 TD passes are 10 yards or under.

In comparison, 13 of Allen's 35 TD passes are 10 yards or under.

There is no player more valuable to their team than Allen is to the Bills. He's probably had at least 6 more TDs that were dropped. I know Davis has at least 2 dropped TDs and Knox has 1.

Historian
01-09-2023, 07:19 AM
....and let's not even talk about the level of competition each face.

Cali512
01-09-2023, 07:22 AM

There is no player more valuable to their team than Allen is to the Bills. He's probably had at least 6 more TDs that were dropped. I know Davis has at least 2 dropped TDs and Knox has 1.

KC every year is top 3 in separation and RAC. Last year 25% of his yds started from behind the los, and 1/4th of his tds were screens or dump offs.

I think people really under appreciate how much Reid does to make mahomes life as easy as possible

YardRat
01-09-2023, 07:28 AM
Josh Allen is the best player in the league, and the most valuable to his team. That being said I don't care about league MVP, I want a Lombardi.

DraftBoy
01-09-2023, 07:36 AM
Josh Allen is the best player in the league, and the most valuable to his team. That being said I don't care about league MVP, I want a Lombardi.

Bingo.

Mad Max
01-09-2023, 07:47 AM
Exactly. The only hardware that matters is Vince. Josh would say the same.

Mad Max
01-09-2023, 07:50 AM
KC every year is top 3 in separation and RAC. Last year 25% of his yds started from behind the los, and 1/4th of his tds were screens or dump offs.

I think people really under appreciate how much Reid does to make mahomes life as easy as possible

Mahomes is obviously an outsized talent but you’re right he has an unfair advantage in Reid AND Kelce. Those three form a near flawless offensive triumvirate.

sukie
01-09-2023, 07:55 AM
Not only did Josh not play a game, he also sat out 2 4th Qtrs

sahlensguy
01-09-2023, 07:59 AM
Out of the competition, Josh in the red zone, threw more ints, took more sacks, had more fumbles and only had a 50% completion rate. It will lose him the mvp award.

sukie
01-09-2023, 08:25 AM
I do don’t care about MVP winners. We know. We all know.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2023, 09:09 AM
Out of the competition, Josh in the red zone, threw more ints, took more sacks, had more fumbles and only had a 50% completion rate. It will lose him the mvp award.

Yes, Gabe dropping a TD in the 1st Miami game and Knox dropping a TD in overtime against Minnesota will cost Allen the MVP.

Cali512
01-09-2023, 10:28 AM
Chiefs offense is about 75% mahomes and 25% reid. The bills offense is almost 100% on allen to make plays out of nothing because we run absolutely no concepts to get receivers easy passes with space

I was talking to a chiefs fan and he said andy reid holds mahomes back. I was like, you realize that its not normal for receivers to consistently get the ball (including Kelce) with 5-10 yds of space to run after catch

Even in mahomes highlights, i always see one or two WRs running open underneath, he just makes the tougher longer throw. We give allen absolutely nothing to work with aside from some runs to the rb. We allow the defense to control the LOS and force allen to either run around for 5 seconds, or make tight window timing routes all game. Nothing is easy, no receivers have space, its all on allen

This is why his mistakes dont bother me as much. If every time you drop back, no ones open and their isnt a lot of time, you will start forcing plays. It sucks but if you put it into his perspective, you can see his dilema

kingJofNYC
01-09-2023, 10:35 AM
I do feel like Allen has to do too much, there's no easy yards in this scheme at times. I do also feel like Allen tries to do too much when he has easier options underneath, yesterday he took some of those easier options. Allen really didn't have redzone issues until this season, we all know what changed.

Bottom line, Mahomes is the better QB, there's no point in arguing with me, you're not changing my mind, he's a better pure QB. But ask me who I want to strap in at QB1 and I may go with Josh, because the dude can run over a linebacker and drag his ass across the goal line and on the next drive he's throwing 65 in the air on a bomb. He's a rare cat and I like the kid, flat out gives you his life on every play.

Saratoga Slim
01-09-2023, 10:37 AM
Chiefs offense is about 75% mahomes and 25% reid. The bills offense is almost 100% on allen to make plays out of nothing because we run absolutely no concepts to get receivers easy passes with space

I was talking to a chiefs fan and he said andy reid holds mahomes back. I was like, you realize that its not normal for receivers to consistently get the ball (including Kelce) with 5-10 yds of space to run after catch

Even in mahomes highlights, i always see one or two WRs running open underneath, he just makes the tougher longer throw. We give allen absolutely nothing to work with aside from some runs to the rb. We allow the defense to control the LOS and force allen to either run around for 5 seconds, or make tight window timing routes all game. Nothing is easy, no receivers have space, its all on allen

This is why his mistakes dont bother me as much. If every time you drop back, no ones open and their isnt a lot of time, you will start forcing plays. It sucks but if you put it into his perspective, you can see his dilema
Yeah this is increasingly my perception of the Dorsey passing offense. But I'll give him the playoffs to see what happens when all cards are on the table. Honestly, Daboll's offense looked kinda unconvincing until the end of last season. And now we're all watching with the expectations created by those two Pats games and the KC divisional game where we scored touchdowns seemingly at will.

sukie
01-09-2023, 10:38 AM

See this is a great post… unless you are a Dorsey advocate…. There are east yards to be had in the middle of the field.

Forward_Lateral
01-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Why is Geno Smith getting zero talk for MVP?

4282 yards, 69.8 completion PCT. 30TD, 11INT, 366 rushing yards

Cali512
01-09-2023, 12:44 PM
Why is Geno Smith getting zero talk for MVP?

4282 yards, 69.8 completion PCT. 30TD, 11INT, 366 rushing yards

He has one of the prettiest balls ive seen (not his testicles). Hes so much better than he used to be and is a locked in top 7-8 QB in the nfl. Hes locked in for comeback player of the year and should get at least one vote

TacklingDummy
01-09-2023, 01:01 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add in the Bills and 49ers games.

It's now 29 out of 41 TDs were 10 yards or less.

Between 1-5 yards: 17
Between 1-10 yards: 29
Between 11-20 yards: 6
Between 21-30 yards: 0
31 or more yards: 6

TacklingDummy
01-09-2023, 01:17 PM
Touchdown Break down. P=Pass, R= Rush

Raiders: 2 yard Pass
Denver: 6P, 17P, 3P
Seattle: 8P, 9P, 3Run
Houston: 20P, 4P, 5R
Denver: 56P, 10P, 4P
Bengals: 2P, 3R
Rams: 39P
Chargers: 4P, 32P, 17P
Jags: 6P, 18P, 13P, 7P
Tenn: 7P, 14R
Raiders: 1P, 4P, 8P, 1P
Tampa: 16P, 2P, 10P
Colts: 3P
Chargers: 9P, 41P
Arizona: 9P, 3P, 4P, 1P, 2P
Bills: 42P, 3P
49ers: 8P, 4P, 45P

sahlensguy
01-09-2023, 04:00 PM
Yes, Gabe dropping a TD in the 1st Miami game and Knox dropping a TD in overtime against Minnesota will cost Allen the MVP.

Sad but true

Bill Cody
01-09-2023, 04:11 PM
What about Allen's 762 yards and 7 TD's rushing? Double what Mahomes did. Add that in I think Josh gets the nod

Cali512
01-09-2023, 04:26 PM
What about Allen's 762 yards and 7 TD's rushing? Double what Mahomes did. Add that in I think Josh gets the nod

That was in the total i wrote

Mace
01-09-2023, 06:02 PM
It'll be unpopular, but I don't feel this is an MVP year for Allen.

I thought he was a lock until the bye, but for whatever reason he's not the same since. He's managed 2 300 yard passing games since October 13th and they've switched to a rushing offense to compensate for something. He's still got the fire, but he's clearly not himself. Mahomes is rolling up yards with his arm, and Hurts carried Philly though I don't entirely get it and am not sure it lasts. Philly is not the seasoned Bills.

I love Allen, but he's not in the conversation since the bye, imho.

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 09:50 AM

I thought he was a lock until the bye, but for whatever reason he's not the same since. He's managed 2 300 yard passing games since October 13th and they've switched to a rushing offense to compensate for something. He's still got the fire, but he's clearly not himself. Mahomes is rolling up yards with his arm, and Hurts carried Philly though I don't entirely get it and am not sure it lasts. Philly is not the seasoned Bills.

It's not a mystery. He hurt his elbow. It did impact his play. Mahomes might not have even played through it we don't know.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 10:20 AM

He was hurt for half the season.

I agree, he won't win the MVP. Mahomes will because the NFL loves to slobber all over him.

notacon
01-10-2023, 01:23 PM

I’m with you.

Not only does Josh Allen not deserve the MVP this season, recent history tells us that MVP’s are much less likely to win the Super Bowl. I started a thread about it last month (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261912-Here%E2%80%99s-Hoping-Josh-Allen-Does-NOT-Win-MVP-for-2022?highlight=).

The last four MVP’s did not even make it to the Super Bowl. In the last 23 years, all this century (since 2000) only nine of the twenty three MVP’s played in the Super Bowl and NONE OF THEM WON!!!

The GOAT, Tom Brady has won the Super Bowl an astounding seven times in eleven appearances…that’s FOUR Super Bowl loses.

In TWO of those losses, he was the MVP that season. He has a total of three MVP’s, the other season he won that award, he did not even make it to the Super Bowl.

Looks to me that getting the MVP is a CURSE for Brady.

I predict that Patrick Mahomes will get named MVP, and that streak will continue. He will NOT win the Super Bowl, and it’s more likely than not that he does not even get to that game.

Football Karma is REAL. Just ask Nyheim Hines and the 70,000 fans (with millions more watching on TV) on the opening kickoff last Sunday.

Mace
01-10-2023, 03:22 PM
It's not a mystery. He hurt his elbow. It did impact his play. Mahomes might not have even played through it we don't know.

Allen was wobbly coming off the bye against Green Bay. He hurt his elbow the following week against the Jets. Injury happened near the end with the Jets, he was wobbly all game before that. I think there's something else wrong.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Allen was wobbly coming off the bye against Green Bay. He hurt his elbow the following week against the Jets. Injury happened near the end with the Jets, he was wobbly all game before that. I think there's something else wrong.

I think you might have brain damage.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 03:36 PM
Josh actually had a better season THIS YEAR, than he did last year.

2021: 4407, 63.3%, 36 TD, 15 INT, 92.2 rating in 17 games

2022: 4283, 63.3%, 35 TD, 14 INT, 96.6 rating in 16 games. Safe to say he'd have matched yardage and TDs if they played a 17th game.

2021: 763 rushing yards, 6 TD

2022: 762 rushing yards, 7 TD

He matched, or bettered 2022 in most categories, despite: playing 1 less game, and have an injured throwing arm for at least a handful of those games.

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 04:23 PM

The Bills, Allen included, have had a habit of getting complacent with big leads. The GB game was 24-7 at halftime. He was not "wobbly" in the 1st half, more like surgical. The 2nd half the whole team seemed disinterested. Josh made a couple careless throws. But very obviously he had less zip on the ball for weeks after the Jets game. If you didn't notice that I would not really know what to say to that because everyone else did.

Earlier in the year Josh was playing the position at a higher level than it's ever been played IMO, just incredible stuff. Far better than Mahomes was playing. And then after the Jets game he wasn't. It's hard to be debating this with a guy like yourself who is a long time fan. Confusing.