Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Its Mahomes mvp, but allen should be second based on total tds/yds

Mahomes- 46 total tds 5,600 total yds, 12 ints

Allen- 42 total tds, 5000 total yds, 14 ints

Allen also didnt play a whole game

Definitely mahomes award, but allens number 2 no question
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Its Mahomes mvp, but allen should be second based on total tds/yds

Things of beauty. 25 of Mahomes 41 TD passes are 10 yards or under.

In comparison, 13 of Allen's 35 TD passes are 10 yards or under.

There is no player more valuable to their team than Allen is to the Bills. He's probably had at least 6 more TDs that were dropped. I know Davis has at least 2 dropped TDs and Knox has 1.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

....and let's not even talk about the level of competition each face.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
        Things of beauty. 25 of Mahomes 41 TD passes are 10 yards or under.

In comparison, 13 of Allen's 35 TD passes are 10 yards or under.

There is no player more valuable to their team than Allen is to the Bills. He's probably had at least 6 more TDs that were dropped. I know Davis has at least 2 dropped TDs and Knox has 1.

KC every year is top 3 in separation and RAC. Last year 25% of his yds started from behind the los, and 1/4th of his tds were screens or dump offs.

I think people really under appreciate how much Reid does to make mahomes life as easy as possible
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Josh Allen is the best player in the league, and the most valuable to his team. That being said I don't care about league MVP, I want a Lombardi.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Josh Allen is the best player in the league, and the most valuable to his team. That being said I don't care about league MVP, I want a Lombardi.
            Bingo.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Exactly. The only hardware that matters is Vince. Josh would say the same.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                KC every year is top 3 in separation and RAC. Last year 25% of his yds started from behind the los, and 1/4th of his tds were screens or dump offs.

I think people really under appreciate how much Reid does to make mahomes life as easy as possible
                Mahomes is obviously an outsized talent but you’re right he has an unfair advantage in Reid AND Kelce. Those three form a near flawless offensive triumvirate.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Not only did Josh not play a game, he also sat out 2 4th Qtrs

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Out of the competition, Josh in the red zone, threw more ints, took more sacks, had more fumbles and only had a 50% completion rate. It will lose him the mvp award.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

I do don’t care about MVP winners. We know. We all know.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                        Out of the competition, Josh in the red zone, threw more ints, took more sacks, had more fumbles and only had a 50% completion rate. It will lose him the mvp award.
                        Yes, Gabe dropping a TD in the 1st Miami game and Knox dropping a TD in overtime against Minnesota will cost Allen the MVP.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Chiefs offense is about 75% mahomes and 25% reid. The bills offense is almost 100% on allen to make plays out of nothing because we run absolutely no concepts to get receivers easy passes with space

I was talking to a chiefs fan and he said andy reid holds mahomes back. I was like, you realize that its not normal for receivers to consistently get the ball (including Kelce) with 5-10 yds of space to run after catch

Even in mahomes highlights, i always see one or two WRs running open underneath, he just makes the tougher longer throw. We give allen absolutely nothing to work with aside from some runs to the rb. We allow the defense to control the LOS and force allen to either run around for 5 seconds, or make tight window timing routes all game. Nothing is easy, no receivers have space, its all on allen

This is why his mistakes dont bother me as much. If every time you drop back, no ones open and their isnt a lot of time, you will start forcing plays. It sucks but if you put it into his perspective, you can see his dilema

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

I do feel like Allen has to do too much, there's no easy yards in this scheme at times. I do also feel like Allen tries to do too much when he has easier options underneath, yesterday he took some of those easier options. Allen really didn't have redzone issues until this season, we all know what changed.

Bottom line, Mahomes is the better QB, there's no point in arguing with me, you're not changing my mind, he's a better pure QB. But ask me who I want to strap in at QB1 and I may go with Josh, because the dude can run over a linebacker and drag his ass across the goal line and on the next drive he's throwing 65 in the air on a bomb. He's a rare cat and I like the kid, flat out gives you his life on every play.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              Chiefs offense is about 75% mahomes and 25% reid. The bills offense is almost 100% on allen to make plays out of nothing because we run absolutely no concepts to get receivers easy passes with space

I was talking to a chiefs fan and he said andy reid holds mahomes back. I was like, you realize that its not normal for receivers to consistently get the ball (including Kelce) with 5-10 yds of space to run after catch

Even in mahomes highlights, i always see one or two WRs running open underneath, he just makes the tougher longer throw. We give allen absolutely nothing to work with aside from some runs to the rb. We allow the defense to control the LOS and force allen to either run around for 5 seconds, or make tight window timing routes all game. Nothing is easy, no receivers have space, its all on allen

This is why his mistakes dont bother me as much. If every time you drop back, no ones open and their isnt a lot of time, you will start forcing plays. It sucks but if you put it into his perspective, you can see his dilema
                              Yeah this is increasingly my perception of the Dorsey passing offense. But I'll give him the playoffs to see what happens when all cards are on the table. Honestly, Daboll's offense looked kinda unconvincing until the end of last season. And now we're all watching with the expectations created by those two Pats games and the KC divisional game where we scored touchdowns seemingly at will.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X