• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

3 years and 3 months

Some karma on the field today. 3 years and three months since the last Bills kick off returned for a TD.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: 3 years and 3 months

Was this already posted?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I don't think so. It isn't getting the media attention that Tage's hat trick did last week, though.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

If, and when...the Bills win the Super Bowl this year you can bet your life on a movie being made about this season, and Damar Hamlin’s life and about the challenges the Buffalo area and the Bills have been subjected to this year, culminating with Damar literally dying on the field, and brought back to life by the team effort of so many trainers and medical experts.

....and instead of it being based on actual events, someone wrote it as a fictional story, and brought it to a movie company to get it produced....

They would probably reject it as not being believable.

But, yet....here we are. We all witnessed it.

The incredible cathartic and amazingly astounding start to the game that was “storybook”.....with the larger than life TD run....and how much that one play meant to the team, the players and coaches, the fans and really, anyone with a beating heat.

Josh Allen addressed and embodied what every Bills fan (and millions of other non-Bills fans around the world) were feeing at that moment....and Josh can barely get the words out when he said....

"I was just told by Kevin Kearns (director of communications for Buffalo Bills) it’s been 3 years and 3 months....ah.....since the last kickoff return” choking up with pent up emotion and uncontrollable deep human feeling.

You get goose bumps watching this amazing reaction to the unbelievable first seconds of that game.....

Comment

• ckg927
          Not quite Best in the World....
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I don't think so. It isn't getting the media attention that Tage's hat trick did last week, though.
          Give it time. That said, Tage's hatty happened 2 days after Hamlin's collapse. The shock was still there.

This just goes to show that 3 IS the magic number.
          John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
          David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• ckg927
            Not quite Best in the World....
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            If, and when...the Bills win the Super Bowl this year you can bet your life on a movie being made about this season, and Damar Hamlin’s life and about the challenges the Buffalo area and the Bills have been subjected to this year, culminating with Damar literally dying on the field, and brought back to life by the team effort of so many trainers and medical experts.

....and instead of it being based on actual events, someone wrote it as a fictional story, and brought it to a movie company to get it produced....

They would probably reject it as not being believable.

But, yet....here we are. We all witnessed it.

The incredible cathartic and amazingly astounding start to the game that was “storybook”.....with the larger than life TD run....and how much that one play meant to the team, the players and coaches, the fans and really, anyone with a beating heat.

Josh Allen addressed and embodied what every Bills fan (and millions of other non-Bills fans around the world) were feeing at that moment....and Josh can barely get the words out when he said....

"I was just told by Kevin Kearns (director of communications for Buffalo Bills) it’s been 3 years and 3 months....ah.....since the last kickoff return” choking up with pent up emotion and uncontrollable deep human feeling.

You get goose bumps watching this amazing reaction to the unbelievable first seconds of that game.....

Instead of a movie, make that a 30 For 30 documentary on ESPN....kind of a follow-up to Four Falls of Buffalo.
            John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
            David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Plus it really wasn't three and three. It was three years and 19 days.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

It was actually only an hour from their last KR for TD to their previous one

Comment

Working...
                X