PDA

View Full Version : Nyheim Hines

Woodman
01-09-2023, 07:25 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/75SODXMWLTE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bJYpEZhI8S8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

What an explosion ....... twice!!

Woodman
01-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Should we be trying to work him into the offense a bit more?

Saratoga Slim
01-10-2023, 11:11 AM
Sure seems like we should. Cook is coming into his own, but Hines does seem like a weapon we could be using more. I'd like to see him running some McKenzie routes.

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 11:29 AM
I do think we should try some plays meant to get him the ball in space and see what he can do.

Dorsey just has to be smart about it and integrate him into the offense with some consistency. If we run 15 offensive plays without him on the field, and then suddenly there he is, the D is going to key on him and it's not going to work.

sahlensguy
01-10-2023, 11:36 AM
In 5 games with the Bills, Zach Moss had 24 touches in the offense.

In 9 games with the Bills, Nyheim Hines has 11 touches in the offense.

Ken Dorsey is an idiot.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-10-2023, 11:37 AM
In 5 games with the Bills, Zach Moss had 24 touches in the offense.

In 9 games with the Bills, Nyheim Hines has 11 touches in the offense.

Ken Dorsey is an idiot.
wow

that's just ****ing embarrassing.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 11:40 AM
Hines should see the field more, the problem is, teams will know right away that it will likely be a pass play or some sort of gadget play if he's on the field.

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 11:45 AM
Hines should see the field more, the problem is, teams will know right away that it will likely be a pass play or some sort of gadget play if he's on the field.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. They have to line him up as a WR in a 5-wide set or have him in the backfield on early downs for a regular draw play or two.

It's amazing how often OC's will have, for lack of a better term, a "gadget player" and only put him on the field for the gadget play, without realizing that the defense is going to immediately notice.

sahlensguy
01-10-2023, 11:52 AM
wow

that's just ****ing embarrassing.

And it's not like Indy didn't think he was a good receiver.

In 7 games with the Colts, Hines had 25 receptions.

That projects out to 61 receptions over 17 games. On the Bills, that would put him ahead of Davis and ahead of Knox for the 2nd most catches on the team, yet Dorsey won't find a way to get him the ball.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 11:54 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. They have to line him up as a WR in a 5-wide set or have him in the backfield on early downs for a regular draw play or two.

It's amazing how often OC's will have, for lack of a better term, a "gadget player" and only put him on the field for the gadget play, without realizing that the defense is going to immediately notice.

It's tough to work him into carries when Cook and Singletary are in a rhythm. I get that. I think next year Hines becomes a much bigger piece of the offense. I just don't know if there's time to start messing around with him or not. Maybe they do have some things up their sleeve for the playoffs.

I do agree, though, he needs to get 5-10 touches a game.

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 12:03 PM
And it's not like Indy didn't think he was a good receiver.

In 7 games with the Colts, Hines had 25 receptions.

That projects out to 61 receptions over 17 games. On the Bills, that would put him ahead of Davis and ahead of Knox for the 2nd most catches on the team, yet Dorsey won't find a way to get him the ball.

When we obtained Hines, there was a story about how McD sat down with either Singletary or Cook (can't remember which one) and explained that Hines was mostly for S/T and wouldn't cut into their touches.

Maybe McD is forcing him to make good on that promise? I don't know.

I mean, I really hope that's not what's happening. If the best thing for the team is to put the ball in Hines' hands, then that's what they need to do, regardless of how the other RB's feel about it. And I really think McD and Beane are better than that. But it's hard to come up with any other explanation of why Hines isn't more involved in the offense.

sahlensguy
01-10-2023, 12:21 PM
When we obtained Hines, there was a story about how McD sat down with either Singletary or Cook (can't remember which one) and explained that Hines was mostly for S/T and wouldn't cut into their touches.

Maybe McD is forcing him to make good on that promise? I don't know.

I mean, I really hope that's not what's happening. If the best thing for the team is to put the ball in Hines' hands, then that's what they need to do, regardless of how the other RB's feel about it. And I really think McD and Beane are better than that. But it's hard to come up with any other explanation of why Hines isn't more involved in the offense.

I mean, I guess. Its good that the running game is working and all but if Hines just took Moss' touches, we'd be good. Moss did get over twice as many touches as Hines has in almost half the games.

I'd love to see a Cook/Hines set.

YardRat
01-10-2023, 12:31 PM
Maybe Hines is still learning the playbook, and yes he should be integrated into the offense more moving forward.

However, Hines is the kind of role player that you bring in and hope he can steal a win or two for you over the course of the season and that's exactly what he did on Sunday.

mightysimi
01-10-2023, 01:24 PM
He didn't get to run in Indy. He was the pass catching guy. Even if he is on the field at the expense of Cook, will Allen check it down more? I doubt it.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-10-2023, 04:13 PM
I expect that going into the playoffs, we will see plays and personnel different than what was on display during the regular season. Just sayin. Maybe there's a reason. Time will tell.

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 04:28 PM
I expect that going into the playoffs, we will see plays and personnel different than what was on display during the regular season. Just sayin. Maybe there's a reason. Time will tell.

no everything has to stay the same

Woodman
01-10-2023, 05:51 PM

I'm counting on it!

Cntrygal
01-11-2023, 12:42 PM
Watch Bills Running Back Nyheim Hines answer 40 questions about himself, including the his ability to play multiple musical instruments, what it's like having a twin sister, why he enjoys being in the Bills Running Back room, and more.

https://youtu.be/MsZFuvSdA7Y

Woodman
01-11-2023, 02:09 PM
Watch Bills Running Back Nyheim Hines answer 40 questions about himself, including the his ability to play multiple musical instruments, what it's like having a twin sister, why he enjoys being in the Bills Running Back room, and more.

https://youtu.be/MsZFuvSdA7Y

Nightmare ..... like that one!

kgun12
01-11-2023, 02:39 PM
I do think we should try some plays meant to get him the ball in space and see what he can do.

Dorsey just has to be smart about it and integrate him into the offense with some consistency. If we run 15 offensive plays without him on the field, and then suddenly there he is, the D is going to key on him and it's not going to work.

This^!!!

Woodman
01-11-2023, 03:32 PM

You can set a defense up if he's in but as a decoy and then when that's where their heads are at you run the play using him ..... keeping a defense constantly off balance is almost always going to make winning a **** load easier.

Bill Cody
01-13-2023, 03:06 PM
yeah decoy

Woodman
01-13-2023, 08:45 PM
yeah decoy

yeah just for a couple then spring him.