Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Nyheim Hines

What an explosion ....... twice!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Nyheim Hines

Should we be trying to work him into the offense a bit more?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Sure seems like we should. Cook is coming into his own, but Hines does seem like a weapon we could be using more. I'd like to see him running some McKenzie routes.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I do think we should try some plays meant to get him the ball in space and see what he can do.

Dorsey just has to be smart about it and integrate him into the offense with some consistency. If we run 15 offensive plays without him on the field, and then suddenly there he is, the D is going to key on him and it's not going to work.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

In 5 games with the Bills, Zach Moss had 24 touches in the offense.

In 9 games with the Bills, Nyheim Hines has 11 touches in the offense.

Ken Dorsey is an idiot.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            In 5 games with the Bills, Zach Moss had 24 touches in the offense.

In 9 games with the Bills, Nyheim Hines has 11 touches in the offense.

Ken Dorsey is an idiot.
            wow

that's just ****ing embarrassing.
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Hines should see the field more, the problem is, teams will know right away that it will likely be a pass play or some sort of gadget play if he's on the field.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                Hines should see the field more, the problem is, teams will know right away that it will likely be a pass play or some sort of gadget play if he's on the field.
                Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. They have to line him up as a WR in a 5-wide set or have him in the backfield on early downs for a regular draw play or two.

It's amazing how often OC's will have, for lack of a better term, a "gadget player" and only put him on the field for the gadget play, without realizing that the defense is going to immediately notice.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                  wow

that's just ****ing embarrassing.
                  And it's not like Indy didn't think he was a good receiver.

In 7 games with the Colts, Hines had 25 receptions.

That projects out to 61 receptions over 17 games. On the Bills, that would put him ahead of Davis and ahead of Knox for the 2nd most catches on the team, yet Dorsey won't find a way to get him the ball.
                  Last edited by sahlensguy; 01-10-2023, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. They have to line him up as a WR in a 5-wide set or have him in the backfield on early downs for a regular draw play or two.

It's amazing how often OC's will have, for lack of a better term, a "gadget player" and only put him on the field for the gadget play, without realizing that the defense is going to immediately notice.
                    It's tough to work him into carries when Cook and Singletary are in a rhythm. I get that. I think next year Hines becomes a much bigger piece of the offense. I just don't know if there's time to start messing around with him or not. Maybe they do have some things up their sleeve for the playoffs.

I do agree, though, he needs to get 5-10 touches a game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                      And it's not like Indy didn't think he was a good receiver.

In 7 games with the Colts, Hines had 25 receptions.

That projects out to 61 receptions over 17 games. On the Bills, that would put him ahead of Davis and ahead of Knox for the 2nd most catches on the team, yet Dorsey won't find a way to get him the ball.
                      When we obtained Hines, there was a story about how McD sat down with either Singletary or Cook (can't remember which one) and explained that Hines was mostly for S/T and wouldn't cut into their touches.

Maybe McD is forcing him to make good on that promise? I don't know.

I mean, I really hope that's not what's happening. If the best thing for the team is to put the ball in Hines' hands, then that's what they need to do, regardless of how the other RB's feel about it. And I really think McD and Beane are better than that. But it's hard to come up with any other explanation of why Hines isn't more involved in the offense.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        When we obtained Hines, there was a story about how McD sat down with either Singletary or Cook (can't remember which one) and explained that Hines was mostly for S/T and wouldn't cut into their touches.

Maybe McD is forcing him to make good on that promise? I don't know.

I mean, I really hope that's not what's happening. If the best thing for the team is to put the ball in Hines' hands, then that's what they need to do, regardless of how the other RB's feel about it. And I really think McD and Beane are better than that. But it's hard to come up with any other explanation of why Hines isn't more involved in the offense.
                        I mean, I guess. Its good that the running game is working and all but if Hines just took Moss' touches, we'd be good. Moss did get over twice as many touches as Hines has in almost half the games.

I'd love to see a Cook/Hines set.
                        Last edited by sahlensguy; 01-10-2023, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Maybe Hines is still learning the playbook, and yes he should be integrated into the offense more moving forward.

However, Hines is the kind of role player that you bring in and hope he can steal a win or two for you over the course of the season and that's exactly what he did on Sunday.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

He didn't get to run in Indy. He was the pass catching guy. Even if he is on the field at the expense of Cook, will Allen check it down more? I doubt it.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                              Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                              • Nov 2012

I expect that going into the playoffs, we will see plays and personnel different than what was on display during the regular season. Just sayin. Maybe there's a reason. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X