PDA

View Full Version : What happened to toss plays?

Cali512
01-09-2023, 10:22 AM
The first 3 games of the season we ran about 3-5 toss plays and swing passes. We havent done one in months it seems. It was effective at wearing the defense out and keeping the interior line from taking control of the game

Dorseys playcalling started out very well and it seemed like we were running a good matchup oriented offense but lately, the game plan is the same every week. Runs up the middle one first or second, power runs from allen, and basic receiver concepts that dont have a lot of pick plays or nuance to get the receivers open without relying soley on their route running

Ive never seen such an obvious switch from week one to week one to week 17. Dawkins and Saffold are healthy so why are we taking this out of our playbook when we always ran it left? Screen passes havent gone anywhere but most of the ones we run rely heavily on the TE or slot to chip, rather than having them closer to the player getting the screen.

Its just so basic every week. Its annoying watching how the chiefs give mahomes 5-10 easy passes that seem to always work out, but we use allen like its the 90s

Cali512
01-13-2023, 04:40 PM
Im just going to bump this because i feel like its worth discussing

sukie
01-13-2023, 10:33 PM
It’s the master plan… Like Rocky suddenly going south paw.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-13-2023, 10:39 PM
pitching to hines with a pulling tackle or guard sounds like a reasonable idea given his obvious speed.

Cali512
01-14-2023, 05:42 PM
pitching to hines with a pulling tackle or guard sounds like a reasonable idea given his obvious speed.

With how successful it was we definitely should be doing it more

I just dont get why we don't. Especially with how our pass protection is. The best way to slow down the interior pass rush is force them to go sideline to sideline. It wears them down and opens up a lot in the offense

Cali512
01-23-2023, 03:00 AM
It’s the master plan… Like Rocky suddenly going south paw.

magical aint it

sukie
01-23-2023, 07:31 AM
magical aint it

the lack of skill players is made obvious. Shame really. Team is easy to like but that lacks hardware.

My slogan for the off-season

“Fat Guys and Weapons”