PDA

View Full Version : This is gonna drive Wys nuts, but we need to pass, pass, and pass some more!

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Pass, pass, and pass some more!! Throw 4 and 5 wide receiver sets against them and take advantage of a totally shell shocked secondary!!

We need to exploit that huge void created by Milloy leaving :D

Michael82
09-03-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm going to start Drew Bledsoe! He is going to have a HUGE game!!! :D

lordofgun
09-03-2003, 05:54 PM
I disagree with that. We still need balance.

RedEyE
09-03-2003, 05:54 PM
I'd rather not get in a shooting match with them. Run the ball! Their running game can't compete.

lordofgun
09-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Run that ball...control the clock. You have to remember, Milloy is a HUGE run-stopper. Now he's on our side. :D

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 05:57 PM
I just hope we send Milloy on a safety blitz. I'd love to see Marcia Brady running in fear from him :snicker:

WG
09-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Pass, pass, and pass some more!! Throw 4 and 5 wide receiver sets against them and take advantage of a totally shell shocked secondary!!

We need to exploit that huge void created by Milloy leaving :D

First of all, they still have Harrison. Second of all, here in lies the problem. It isn't anyone's secondary that causes Drew to play like, well..., doo-doo. It's the pressure. And at last check, the pressure is still there. Last year he threw a pick to Seymour. I didn't realize Seymour played S or CB. Another was on a goal-to-go at the Pat 1.

Again, NOT secondary related!!!

Drew makes mistakes. Doesn't matter who's in the backfield. If we rely on our passing game to win again, we will lose!!!

Nighthawk
09-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Wys, my friend...still bashing Bledsoe, I see. Well, hopefully he can prove you wrong because I'm sure you would be the first to eat crow if the Bills won the Super Bowl and Drew was named MVP...wouldn't you?

Schobel94
09-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Yeah, but, still take some deep shots and keep those saftey's honest! Harrison has his nagging injuries and was never a cover saftey and has maybe even lost a step, which would put him at about -1 steps. We will see the deep passes but also a hard running game to really put the pressure on them and keep and solidify our inevitable lead.

WG
09-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Wys, my friend...still bashing Bledsoe, I see. Well, hopefully he can prove you wrong because I'm sure you would be the first to eat crow if the Bills won the Super Bowl and Drew was named MVP...wouldn't you?

Yeah right!

Mr. 6 TDs to 12 INTs in the playoffs and poor performances being the SB MVP!

Right!

Yawnnnn....

But I know, it was never his own fault, always someone elses...

SNOOOOOOZE!!!!

The Spaz
09-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Please stay asleep!:)

WG
09-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Say what you will, if Gilbride turns this into the Bledsoe Bowl again, we will lose. It's that simple. Drew isn't going to win any games for you and when he does, I guarantee you that he's lost at least as many elsewhere, usually more, as a result of the same big plays.

Drew needs to be minimized, the D needs to be allowed to help the O and correspondingly get some help from the O in terms of time-of-possession. Any deviation from that forumula, and we will be less than we can be.

WG
09-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Please stay asleep!:)

I will if what you guys say comes to pass...

Halbert
09-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Adding Washington is bigger than them losing Milloy. Big Ted may not have enough gas for the entire season but he'll have enough for the season opener. We've got to be able to run on them - in not, losing 11 Lawyer Milloy's wouldn't make a difference.

Captain gameboy
09-03-2003, 07:12 PM
We can run on them, if we don't get into situations that are predictable.
Limit the penalties on offense. Let's see a bunch of 2nd and 3's or 3rd and 1's. Not 2nd and 12's etc from a false start.
Limit penalties and they have to defend against our entire offense on every down.
That wasn't the case last year.

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 07:22 PM
NO!NO!NO!. We still run and see what they've got. As soon as we figure what they have for a run D, we now have more options.

If we are successful running the ball they have no choice but to stack the line w/ 8...we throw. We still need to establish the run. I'm sure Bellichick has thought of all that possibilites , now that Milloy is gone and is w/ us.

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Play action will kill them. Their secondary is going to be on pins and needles with the loss of Milloy and will most likely overreact to a lot of plays. We can freeze them with play action and get some big time seperation for our receivers.

helmetguy
09-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Play action will kill them. Their secondary is going to be on pins and needles with the loss of Milloy and will most likely overreact to a lot of plays. We can freeze them with play action and get some big time seperation for our receivers.

Amen, AWM! That's the most sensible strategy I've heard around here for a long time! Since our D is VASTLY improved, it makes no sense to get into a shootout against anyone.

LABillsFan
09-03-2003, 08:03 PM
I don't need to see a shoot out and I don't need to see 5 sacks. What I need to see is screens, 2nd and 5, 7 min. drives, less than 25 kickoff returns and less than 15 punt returns by the Pats , less than 6 penalties, less than 2 turnovers, more than 0 takeaways, and a checkmark in the win column.