01-09-2023, 09:31 PM
Per Rapsheet on Twitter

Mad Max
01-09-2023, 09:42 PM
Per Rapsheet on Twitter

fantastic. Come get him kitties!

Kenny
01-09-2023, 10:28 PM
lol... Why wont someone take Leslie Frazier off our hands?

Mad Max
01-09-2023, 11:32 PM

Because they’re smart?

but seriously, there’s still time for some sucke I mean team to scoop him up.

jamze132
01-10-2023, 04:30 AM
IMO Frazier has ran its course in Buffalo. After we saw the recipe to slow down Miami by bumping their WRs and altering their timing you’d think we’d do the same…nope. (By the way, that’s smart defense 101). We looked like ass at home the following week with our vanilla defense that is suffering right now.

I’m not convinced Dorsey actually has a plan going into each game nor am I convinced he calls certain things to set plays up. With the speed we have between Cooks, Shakir, and even Diggs…why are we not getting the ball to those guys early in space instead of letting Josh look for the big play??? Seems to have worked for KC…what a shocker.

YardRat
01-10-2023, 05:17 AM

Because the league knows this defense isn't...and hasn't been...as good as they and a lot of fans think they are.

Night Train
01-10-2023, 05:36 AM
One of a dozen being interviewed, according to reports .

Cntrygal
01-10-2023, 07:02 AM
Since KC is the "gold standard", why isn't their staff being poached?

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2023, 08:08 AM
I assume it’s mostly because the big strength is the Offense and that’s mostly Andy Reid.
Bienemy should get a position eventually

Woodman
01-10-2023, 08:13 AM
Frank Reich

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 08:16 AM
IMO Frazier has ran its course in Buffalo. After we saw the recipe to slow down Miami by bumping their WRs and altering their timing you’d think we’d do the same…nope. (By the way, that’s smart defense 101). We looked like ass at home the following week with our vanilla defense that is suffering right now.

I’m not convinced Dorsey actually has a plan going into each game nor am I convinced he calls certain things to set plays up. With the speed we have between Cooks, Shakir, and even Diggs…why are we not getting the ball to those guys early in space instead of letting Josh look for the big play??? Seems to have worked for KC…what a shocker.

Don't forget Cincy. Granted, it was only 1 1/2 drives before the game had to be stopped, but they easily marched down the field against us on the first drive, and were in the process of doing it again when the injury happened. In the limited action that they got, the D looked absolutely lost against Cincy.

Woodman
01-10-2023, 08:16 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/10/panthers-request-interview-with-mike-kafka/

Add Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka to the list of head coaching candidates in Carolina.

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 08:25 AM
This does seem like a questionable choice, though.

Dorsey is a first year coordinator, and the Bills have won a lot of games, but there were definitely periods where the O looked completely out of sync. Also, having Josh Allen makes things easier.

If the Bills needed a head coach, I would hope Dorsey wouldn't be on the list. He needs to prove himself as a coordinator a little more first.

Woodman
01-10-2023, 08:45 AM
Don't forget Cincy. Granted, it was only 1 1/2 drives before the game had to be stopped, but they easily marched down the field against us on the first drive, and were in the process of doing it again when the injury happened. In the limited action that they got, the D looked absolutely lost against Cincy.

1st drive was aided a bit don't cha think?

That's hardly marching no.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-10-2023, 08:56 AM
Actually the speed guy we have is Hines. Last Sunday Hines has the top speed among all players on the field, the entire game. Coaches must have seen that in practice - Hines is with the Bills now for 2 months. The key for guys like Tyreek Hill, Marcus Jones who started their career as successful returners, is to get the ball into their hands when they are on the move. You see Andy Reed having Hill motion in the back field and running shallow cross to get the ball all the time. NE has designed plays for Jones as well (got a TD against the Bills in Foxborough). Hines ran the same 40 times as Jones, and I think Hines has better hands. Why not incorporate some of those plays into our playbook for Hines? So far, on offense, Hines usage is limited to sweeping running plays to the edges and outlet to the edges.

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 09:34 AM
1st drive was aided a bit don't cha think?

That's hardly marching no.

Can we PLEASE just stop blaming the refs? The refs have always made bad calls or missed calls, and they always will. Sometimes they go against us, sometimes they go in our favor. And yes, it does feel like we get more bad/missed calls go against us than go in our favor, but there's no hard data on it and we're not exactly objective sources.

And, with the way Cincy was moving the ball, there's at least a decent chance they still end up getting a 1st down even if the holding call is made.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 09:41 AM
Good luck to him!

Woodman
01-10-2023, 09:42 AM
Can we PLEASE just stop blaming the refs? The refs have always made bad calls or missed calls, and they always will. Sometimes they go against us, sometimes they go in our favor. And yes, it does feel like we get more bad/missed calls go against us than go in our favor, but there's no hard data on it and we're not exactly objective sources.

And, with the way Cincy was moving the ball, there's at least a decent chance they still end up getting a 1st down even if the holding call is made.
Nobody blames the refs.

The penalty warranted or not doesn't matter.

They were aided by a free 40 plus.

The refs have to make the calls good or bad.

Josh can throw the ball 70 plus yards if he throws the ball 70 yards down field and they get the PI call is that considered a drive by you?

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 09:49 AM
Nobody blames the refs.

The penalty warranted or not doesn't matter.

They were aided by a free 40 plus.

The refs have to make the calls good or bad.

Josh can throw the ball 70 plus yards if he throws the ball 70 yards down field and they get the PI call is that considered a drive by you?

Doesn't matter what I consider it. It moved the ball and put points on the board.

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 09:53 AM
I assume it’s mostly because the big strength is the Offense and that’s mostly Andy Reid.
Bienemy should get a position eventually

For whatever reason the bloom is off Bienemy's rose. He's not even getting interviews anymore

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 09:55 AM
This does seem like a questionable choice, though.

Dorsey is a first year coordinator, and the Bills have won a lot of games, but there were definitely periods where the O looked completely out of sync. Also, having Josh Allen makes things easier.

If the Bills needed a head coach, I would hope Dorsey wouldn't be on the list. He needs to prove himself as a coordinator a little more first.

I think this interview is kind of a token, kind of a "let's cover all the bases" thing. His odds of getting hired are really low.

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 09:59 AM

Cincy is really good on offense and Joe Burrow is an elite QB. I watched that game they played against NE. They played almost a perfect 1st half. Effortlessly moved the ball. Everything they ran worked. But NE shut them out in the 2nd half. So them having success doesn't surprise anyone but they're not unbeatable either.

Woodman
01-10-2023, 10:03 AM
Doesn't matter what I consider it. It moved the ball and put points on the board.

You used the term no.

Possessions might have been more accurate.

They didn't drive the ball now you know what not to consider a drive.

Remember it's always how you finish.

Making any projection on that games outcome on the first 9 minutes is ridiculous.

kingJofNYC
01-10-2023, 10:07 AM

LOL. Funny you focus on the second week matchup instead of the first week matchup when it comes to Miami. 212 total yards the first time we played Miami. We didn't have Tre White getting ****ing dusted repeatedly in game 1. You want Tre playing press man against the Cheeta, he already dusted in him in game 2.

This idea that you can just magically press them all game is crazy, you have to mix it up. You can't just line up and press. Look at Tre in the last game. Came up to press Waddle, dusted and didn't get a hand on him, Dusted by Hill, and other times he was in off man and still got dusted. Other times he was in press and did fine. You're focusing too much on game 2 and not putting any respect on game 1.

Just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-4GHbxruF4

Played press a bunch, enough of the narrative that we don't press. Look at the whiff on some of those press attempts by Tre, especially on the Hills TD. Waddle should have had one too but ball hung up.

Woodman
01-10-2023, 10:09 AM
Cincy is really good on offense and Joe Burrow is an elite QB. I watched that game they played against NE. They played almost a perfect 1st half. Effortlessly moved the ball. Everything they ran worked. But NE shut them out in the 2nd half. So them having success doesn't surprise anyone but they're not unbeatable either.

:10:

We all know that I thought. :cheers:

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 10:14 AM
Do we have to turn every ****** thread into a pissing war?

OPI, why must you insist on being goaded into arguing in every thread?

Why must the same argument be had over and over and over?

Serious, I'd swear that some of you are 14 years old and not grown ass adults.

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 10:17 AM
Do we have to turn every ****** thread into a pissing war?

OPI, why must you insist on being goaded into arguing in every thread?

Why must the same argument be had over and over and over?

Serious, I'd swear that some of you are 14 years old and not grown ass adults.
It's just ****ing annoying that people still blame the refs when the Bills play poorly. The refs suck. They will continue to suck. That doesn't excuse how bad the Bills looked on Cincy's first offensive drive.

Forward_Lateral
01-10-2023, 10:19 AM
It's just ****ing annoying that people still blame the refs when the Bills play poorly. The refs suck. They will continue to suck. That doesn't excuse how bad the Bills looked on Cincy's first offensive drive.

This is about Dorsey. Not the Defense.

The Defense has looked bad often early in games, then adjusted and played much better in the 2nd half. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that they could've done the same vs Cincy.

Bill Cody
01-10-2023, 10:19 AM

shrug

kingJofNYC
01-10-2023, 10:22 AM
Oh, and looking again at the 2nd game match up that Jamez keeps bringing up, 212 passing yards, which is nothing in this league. We got crushed on the ground, again, stop talking about the Niners pass D blueprint when the Phins put up 275 in the air on them and never got close to that number against us.

Enough, the D is ****ing banged up, have been struggling of late but they don't need to copy Niners D game to stop the pass, LOL. We have a banged up secondary and somehow still pull it off.

imbondz
01-10-2023, 10:40 AM
We want a new OC after he went 13-3. Makes no sense. Stability is what wins championships, not a revolving door of coaches. Allen would have to get used to another new OC and possibly not have the connection he has with Dorsey. No thanks. I’ll take 13-3 over who knows.

Saratoga Slim
01-10-2023, 10:59 AM
We want a new OC after he went 13-3. Makes no sense. Stability is what wins championships, not a revolving door of coaches. Allen would have to get used to another new OC and possibly not have the connection he has with Dorsey. No thanks. I’ll take 13-3 over who knows.

Yeah be careful what you wish for. I will say thought that Dorsey doesn't seem to have added anything that I can discern. And he hasn't addressed what the Bills spent half the offseason discussing: yards after catch. We still are towards the bottom of the league in YAC. Really feels like he's just kept the Daboll train going, but with less creative flourish. That said, we're near the top in most offensive categories. Switch to an entirely new coordinator and who knows what happens.

Woodman
01-10-2023, 11:03 AM
I would like to keep Dorsey at least another season.

What do I know :idunno:

notacon
01-10-2023, 01:32 PM

:rofl: You just won’t give up ****ting on the Bills, will you???

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 01:41 PM
:rofl: You just won’t give up ****ting on the Bills, will you???

Did Cincy not score a touchdown easily on their first drive?
Did the Bills not fail to score a touchdown on their first drive?
Was Cincy not once again moving the ball against us when Hamlin got hurt?

Stating EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED is not ****ting on the team. In the limited action against Cincy, the D looked awful. The O moved the ball but had to settle for a FG.

Giving up touchdown drives while settling for FG's is not a formula for beating teams as good as Cincy on the road. I realize, it was less than 10 minutes and there was a lot of football left to be played, but you have to see how those early results were not at all encouraging.

notacon
01-10-2023, 01:51 PM
The Panther’s request to interview Ken Dorsey is a compliment to him and the Bills offense.

He had done a spectacular job after replacing Brain Daboll that did an extra-spectacular job.

Plus, the **** being thrown Leslie Frazier’s way is as as dumbfounding as it is inexplicable.

The Bills are the #2 team in the NFL for least amount of points scored against, at 17.9 (compared to SanFran's 16.3).

And SanFran has faced much, much weaker offenses and hardly any elite QB’s, and barely against the best AFC teams.

When they DID play against an elite AFC team and QB (KC in week 7), their defense got crushed....allowing FORTY FOUR POINTS!!! Mahomes torched them for 423 yards and three TD’s. The week before that defense debacle, the Bills held the same KC team to only 20 points.

Even playing against the woeful Raiders, and Jarret Stidham, they allowed 34 points and barely won in OT.

The Bills are #2 in points scored (only .8 per game behind KC) and #2 in points allowed and #2 in point differential (169 vs San Fran’s 173....despite paying one less game)....and some Bills “fans” want to **** over both their OC and DC?!?!?!

WTF!?!?!?!?

notacon
01-10-2023, 01:58 PM
Did Cincy not score a touchdown easily on their first drive?
Did the Bills not fail to score a touchdown on their first drive?
Was Cincy not once again moving the ball against us when Hamlin got hurt?

Stating EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED is not ****ting on the team. In the limited action against Cincy, the D looked awful. The O moved the ball but had to settle for a FG.

Giving up touchdown drives while settling for FG's is not a formula for beating teams as good as Cincy on the road. I realize, it was less than 10 minutes and there was a lot of football left to be played, but you have to see how those early results were not at all encouraging.

:rofl: SO WHAT???? Totally IRRELEVANT!!!

In case you don’t remember, NFL games are 60 minutes long and are for 4 quarters. Your SPIN is, as usual, dumb and nonsensical.

I repeat.... You just won’t give up ****ting on the Bills, will you???

OpIv37
01-10-2023, 02:04 PM
:rofl: SO WHAT???? Totally IRRELEVANT!!!

In case you don’t remember, NFL games are 60 minutes long and are for 4 quarters. Your SPIN is, as usual, dumb and nonsensical.

I repeat.... You just won’t give up ****ting on the Bills, will you???

Saying they were playing poorly when the D was getting pushed all over the field and the O had to settle for a FG is simply stating fact. It's not "****ting on them."

You supposedly watch football. Have you ever seen a game where a good home team loses when they are scoring touchdowns and the home team is settling for FG's? Literally, the announcers say something like that almost every game. "It's going to be hard to beat this team on the road settling for FG's."

Now, would that have continued if it was possible to keep playing the game? I have no idea. But you are EXTREMELY biased if you can't see that those first 10 minutes were going very poorly for the Bills.

Historian
01-10-2023, 02:23 PM
"Take my wife.....PLEASE!" -Henny Youngman

sukie
01-10-2023, 02:53 PM

I agree with this even with my issues with Dorsey’s middle field phobia.

Woodman
01-10-2023, 04:20 PM
13 second game!!

I'd bet Allen called the plays on the final drive that Davis caught his 4th TD on.

Josh should be calling his own plays.

YardRat
01-10-2023, 05:33 PM
I think some of the criticism of Dorsey needs to be tempered with the fact he's a rookie coordinator. And the biggest killer this season has been dropped balls, especially by a couple of guys that were expected to really step up this year in Davis and McKenzie. They've been a handicap, not a help, for a good portion of the season.

Let's face reality...he's still game-planned all year for one of the very best offenses in the league and it's not like the same negative comments weren't leveled at Daboll by some for his entire tenure here, right up until the end.

Quite honestly with a full season of experience under his belt and avoiding any serious injuries or drop-off in talent it's kind of scary how good this offense can be in 2023.

Lexwhat
01-10-2023, 05:59 PM
Dorsey is going to be a very highly sought after head coach in the next 2-3 years, maybe even sooner. It wouldn't surprise me if we lose him this off-season.

Just look at Kevin Stefnaski, Sean McVay, Zac Taylor, Brandon Staley, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Lafleur, Mike McDaniel, Nick Sirianni. All of these guys are young and were coordinators for only 1-3 years, and at least half of them are successful / competent head coaches.

Ken Dorsey has had some issues, but overall has done well. He probably isn't as good as Daboll just before he left, but Dorsey will get better.

I can imagine Joe Brady being our next offensive coordinator, if Josh Allen wants him.

As far as Leslie Frazier goes - I think he's a good DC, but I don't think he's Vic Fangio good.

notacon
01-10-2023, 07:04 PM
Saying they were playing poorly when the D was getting pushed all over the field and the O had to settle for a FG is simply stating fact. It's not "****ting on them."

You supposedly watch football. Have you ever seen a game where a good home team loses when they are scoring touchdowns and the home team is settling for FG's? Literally, the announcers say something like that almost every game. "It's going to be hard to beat this team on the road settling for FG's."

Now, would that have continued if it was possible to keep playing the game? I have no idea. But you are EXTREMELY biased if you can't see that those first 10 minutes were going very poorly for the Bills.
Except they were not “playing poorly”. Jesus. Your idea of what “playing poorly” is warped and grossly perverted,....but ONLY for the Bills.

I bet I watch a LOT more football than you (since I’m retired and don’t have an aversion to prime time games and don’t have to worry about a bedtime like you do in the east....I watch every prime time game, and several more via my NFL+ subscription of the “condensed” version of the game....I have all kinds of time on my hands, and NFL football fills so much of it...I don’t have over 50 hours a week working and getting to and from work to waste my time).....and the first two drives of a football game mean ALMOST NOTHING in respect to who is going to eventually win the game.

NOTHING. And YOU KNOW IT!!!

YOU are "EXTREMELY biased” if you think the first nine (not ten) minutes come even close to showing that things were going “badly” for the Bills and have ANY bearing on what was going to happen the rest of the game. In FACT, the Bills moved the ball quite easily on their first drive. And Cincy’s first drive was aided by a tacky-tack DPI that should have not been called. That is a FACT.

One missed pass to Beasley and they don’t get the TD. SO ****ING WHAT!!!! Does not mean ANYTHING, and does NOT portend that ANY team will have to “settle for FG’s because they are not scoring TD’s”....and YOU KNOW THAT TOO!!!!

All you are doing is illustrating your continued insane negativity and totally unreal ****ting on this team and an EXTREME BIAS AGAINST the Bills AND reality.. Over and over and over again. You are like a broken record of ****posting.

Your lunatic SPIN is so totally outside reality, I have no idea how you stand yourself.

DraftBoy
01-11-2023, 04:15 AM
FWIW this is why the Bills went out and signed Joe Brady. He’s the next guy up as an OC when Dorsey leaves, which I think will likely be this off-season.

YardRat
01-11-2023, 05:17 AM
I agree Brady is next man up but will be surprised if Dorsey leaves this off-season.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2023, 06:21 AM
FWIW this is why the Bills went out and signed Joe Brady. He’s the next guy up as an OC when Dorsey leaves, which I think will likely be this off-season.

I agree. Teams are no longer looking for the retread Head Coach who failed multiple times previously. They want fresh, young guys who come from winning cultures. The key, however, at least in my opinion, is to hire a GM and a HC together. They should interview together. They should be on the same page in all aspects of the team. Culture, players, scheme, etc.

jamze132
01-11-2023, 08:18 AM
LOL. Funny you focus on the second week matchup instead of the first week matchup when it comes to Miami. 212 total yards the first time we played Miami. We didn't have Tre White getting ****ing dusted repeatedly in game 1. You want Tre playing press man against the Cheeta, he already dusted in him in game 2.

This idea that you can just magically press them all game is crazy, you have to mix it up. You can't just line up and press. Look at Tre in the last game. Came up to press Waddle, dusted and didn't get a hand on him, Dusted by Hill, and other times he was in off man and still got dusted. Other times he was in press and did fine. You're focusing too much on game 2 and not putting any respect on game 1.

Just watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-4GHbxruF4

Played press a bunch, enough of the narrative that we don't press. Look at the whiff on some of those press attempts by Tre, especially on the Hills TD. Waddle should have had one too but ball hung up.

Are you special needs or something? No one in the league expected Miami to take the league my storm like they did at the beginning of the season so why would I “focus” on their first matchup? The book wasn’t out yet how to slow them down but it WAS the week before our second game. But because Frazier is stubborn, we had a much tougher game than we should have.

OpIv37
01-11-2023, 08:22 AM
Except they were not “playing poorly”. Jesus. Your idea of what “playing poorly” is warped and grossly perverted,....but ONLY for the Bills.

I bet I watch a LOT more football than you (since I’m retired and don’t have an aversion to prime time games and don’t have to worry about a bedtime like you do in the east....I watch every prime time game, and several more via my NFL+ subscription of the “condensed” version of the game....I have all kinds of time on my hands, and NFL football fills so much of it...I don’t have over 50 hours a week working and getting to and from work to waste my time).....and the first two drives of a football game mean ALMOST NOTHING in respect to who is going to eventually win the game.

NOTHING. And YOU KNOW IT!!!

YOU are "EXTREMELY biased” if you think the first nine (not ten) minutes come even close to showing that things were going “badly” for the Bills and have ANY bearing on what was going to happen the rest of the game. In FACT, the Bills moved the ball quite easily on their first drive. And Cincy’s first drive was aided by a tacky-tack DPI that should have not been called. That is a FACT.

One missed pass to Beasley and they don’t get the TD. SO ****ING WHAT!!!! Does not mean ANYTHING, and does NOT portend that ANY team will have to “settle for FG’s because they are not scoring TD’s”....and YOU KNOW THAT TOO!!!!

All you are doing is illustrating your continued insane negativity and totally unreal ****ting on this team and an EXTREME BIAS AGAINST the Bills AND reality.. Over and over and over again. You are like a broken record of ****posting.

Your lunatic SPIN is so totally outside reality, I have no idea how you stand yourself.

"They weren't playing poorly! They were just giving up touchdowns and missing passes!"

Jesus ****ing Christ. It's not worth it with you.

Novacane
01-11-2023, 08:46 AM
I'll be surprised if the lands a HC job after only 1 year as OC.

Woodman
01-11-2023, 08:51 AM

Very likely how it goes.

One more year maybe.

Woodman
01-11-2023, 08:55 AM
I'll be surprised if the lands a HC job after only 1 year as OC.

Not really a lot to sign onto.

I'm thinking one more year. :idunno:

I'd want more than a guy with that limited of a resume myself.

Novacane
01-11-2023, 09:02 AM
If our offense had played all year like they did before the bye I'd say maybe. He hasn't proven he can fix something that's not running right. I wouldn't hire him to a promotion.

OpIv37
01-11-2023, 02:42 PM
Dorsey is going to be a very highly sought after head coach in the next 2-3 years, maybe even sooner. It wouldn't surprise me if we lose him this off-season.

2-3 years? Sure. But, he inherited an offense that had already been very successful the last 2 years. And, he has Josh Allen.

Any team that's looking for a HC doesn't have an established offense and likely doesn't have a high-level QB (and definitely doesn't have an Allen-level QB).

If I'm a GM, I'm definitely looking for a little more experience and a little more proof that he can come up with offensive strategies on his own.

Woodman
01-11-2023, 02:50 PM

Waiting on that myself.

Woodman
01-11-2023, 02:52 PM
I think some of the criticism of Dorsey needs to be tempered with the fact he's a rookie coordinator. And the biggest killer this season has been dropped balls, especially by a couple of guys that were expected to really step up this year in Davis and McKenzie. They've been a handicap, not a help, for a good portion of the season.

Let's face reality...he's still game-planned all year for one of the very best offenses in the league and it's not like the same negative comments weren't leveled at Daboll by some for his entire tenure here, right up until the end.

Quite honestly with a full season of experience under his belt and avoiding any serious injuries or drop-off in talent it's kind of scary how good this offense can be in 2023.

Woodman
01-11-2023, 02:54 PM
I think this interview is kind of a token, kind of a "let's cover all the bases" thing. His odds of getting hired are really low.
He's not ready to lead the band. :band:

Mace
01-11-2023, 03:27 PM

Do you think they'll fire him or he'll get another job ?

I kind of can't see it, but wonder what you think.

Lexwhat
01-11-2023, 04:57 PM
2-3 years? Sure. But, he inherited an offense that had already been very successful the last 2 years. And, he has Josh Allen.

Any team that's looking for a HC doesn't have an established offense and likely doesn't have a high-level QB (and definitely doesn't have an Allen-level QB).

If I'm a GM, I'm definitely looking for a little more experience and a little more proof that he can come up with offensive strategies on his own.

I gave a list of names above - there are many young head coaches (especially Offensive) that are creative and turned their franchises around very quickly. Also, if the team has a vacancy, they often have a high draft pick because of a poor record the year before - which means they may be able to snag a good QB.
- Sirianni maximized the Eagles talent / Jalen Hurts after 1 year.
- Matt LaFleur improved the Packers after McCarthy left (with Rodgers in place).
- McVay was 31 when the Rams hired him and his Offense, until this year, played at a high level.
- Zac Taylor has an amazing roster in Cincy (that was drafted as he came along), and another young guy who is a great coach.
- Many people laughed at the Mike McDaniels hiring, but he maximized Tua's ability and his Offense is otherwise tough to stop.
- Daboll has more experience than most of these guys, but he totally changed Daniel Jones and the Giants culture in 1 off-season.

IMO, NFL front offices don't really value experience in head coaching as much as they used to (with exceptions for people like Jim Harbaugh and Sean Payton). Obviously, there are busts like Kingsbury and Nate Hackett, but I don't think Ken Dorsey will fall into that category.

The more I think about it, the more I can see us losing Dorsey this off-season.

Night Train
01-11-2023, 05:06 PM
Something will eventually stick..keep the guesses coming..

https://tenor.com/view/angry-poop-monkey-throw-mad-gif-17790027

Woodman
01-11-2023, 05:08 PM
What is the rule on interviewing a candidate who's team is in the playoffs?

YardRat
01-11-2023, 06:04 PM
I gave a list of names above - there are many young head coaches (especially Offensive) that are creative and turned their franchises around very quickly. Also, if the team has a vacancy, they often have a high draft pick because of a poor record the year before - which means they may be able to snag a good QB.
- Sirianni maximized the Eagles talent / Jalen Hurts after 1 year.
- Matt LaFleur improved the Packers after McCarthy left (with Rodgers in place).
- McVay was 31 when the Rams hired him and his Offense, until this year, played at a high level.
- Zac Taylor has an amazing roster in Cincy (that was drafted as he came along), and another young guy who is a great coach.
- Many people laughed at the Mike McDaniels hiring, but he maximized Tua's ability and his Offense is otherwise tough to stop.
- Daboll has more experience than most of these guys, but he totally changed Daniel Jones and the Giants culture in 1 off-season.

IMO, NFL front offices don't really value experience in head coaching as much as they used to (with exceptions for people like Jim Harbaugh and Sean Payton). Obviously, there are busts like Kingsbury and Nate Hackett, but I don't think Ken Dorsey will fall into that category.

The more I think about it, the more I can see us losing Dorsey this off-season.
Sirianni = three (Colts).
LaFleur = two (Rams and Titans).
McVay = three (Washington).
Taylor = two (Miami and Cincinnati).
McDaniel = one (49ers).
Daboll = nine (4 pro teams and Bama).

Every one of the guys listed had at least two seasons experience as an offensive coordinator, but McDaniel. He's the lone exception.

Lexwhat
01-13-2023, 10:31 AM
Sirianni = three (Colts).
LaFleur = two (Rams and Titans).
McVay = three (Washington).
Taylor = two (Miami and Cincinnati).
McDaniel = one (49ers).
Daboll = nine (4 pro teams and Bama).

Every one of the guys listed had at least two seasons experience as an offensive coordinator, but McDaniel. He's the lone exception.

My point was that young coordinators with very limited experience can be successful head coaches in the NFL. It really comes down to a team interviewing that candidate and getting the impression that this one guy can turn the franchise around. 1 vs 2 vs 3 years as a coordinator may not be the point.

Just as importantly, it matters who that young head coach will hire as his coordinators and the other staff coaches. Having a good GM-coach relationship is also a huge factor.

After Bill Belichick, the 2 longest tenured head coaches in the NFL (Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh) are well-respected. Both have won super bowls. Tomlin was a coordinator for 1 year, while Harbaugh made his name as a Special Teams coach. It didn't necessarily make it a trend back then, but with all the young coaches in the past few years, I don't think teams will hesitate to hire a young, forward-thinking coach. Dorsey may fall into that category, especially given his pedigree as a former QB.