X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

2022 Playoff Picks

The 2002 Weekly Picks thread is for the regular season. Playoffs are a totally different animal.

Participate if you are brave enough to put your predictions on the line.

Here we go…Wild Card Weekend Games:

Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

Besides the Bills/Miami game, this is one of the least competitive match ups. 49ers are hot and there are not many teams in the NFC (AFC is another story…..the only game they have played against some of the best the AFC has to offer was KC and they got their asses kicked in) that can beat them…Philly is their biggest threat.

Geno Ford is a great story. And Seattle made a tremendously successful and smart decision to move on from Russel Wilson, and that trade will help Seattle to build a perennial contender once again.

But not yet.

This game may be over well before half time. 49ers all the way

LA Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars

This may be the most competitive games this weekend, with two of the emerging young QB’s that are destined to be elite forces for years to come.

I believe the difference is going to be coaching. Staley is not a very good head coach, and there were many valid reasons why there was much chatter earlier in the season that he was good as gone.

The talent was there last year to get into the playoffs, but he stumbled way too many times.

The decision to play so many starters in week 18 with nothing on the line, was stupid, stupid, stupid. Two of the best non-QB players aggravated their injuries, Mike Williams and Bosa.

Now with the news that Mike Williams is out, that can have a substantial effect.

On the other sideline is Pederson who is a fantastic coach who won a Super Bowl with a middling backup QB at the helm.

I’m picking Jacksonville in a close and exciting game. Probably a 60/40 chance that Staley is fired.

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Even before Tua was ruled out of the game, this was almost assuredly destined to be a Bills win. Now, with Skyler Thompson as QB, and Mostert questionable with a broken thumb, and Waddle also questionable (along with starting LT, LG and RT) this will be the least competitive game of WCWE.

Josh Allen is going to step up his game when everything is on the line. Rousseau and Oliver are going to make Thompson’s life miserable, and there will probably be three or four INT’s.

This may turn ugly for Miami pretty quickly. Very much like last year’s blowout of NE.

No one will be surprised when many starters are taken out the game after half time, to give more backup players some playoff experience.

NY Giants at Minnesota Vikings

This may end up being the most exciting game of WCWE. It’s almost like the Vikings welcome crazy close endings. It’s probably the hardest game to pick.

Jefferson is a superstar who just cannot be stopped. Cousins has played at an extremely high level this year, but is not trustworthy to do it week after week, snap after snap.

Brian Daboll has got the Giants playing well above their talent level, and they do have some elite players that can change the game on both offence (Barkley) and defense (Thibodeaux).

Daniel Jones has shown he is a threat in both passing and running.

Vikings luck runs out and I see a close NY Giants win.

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals

Without Lamar Jackson, the Ravens do not have a realistic chance to win this game. But, the arrogant Bengals showed in week 18, that they are very capable of keeping Baltimore in the game much longer than they should….like their barely beating NE too.

Even with backup QB Tyler Huntley not playing in week #18 (and raw rookie third-stringer Anthony Brown getting his first start in the NFL) along with two of their best offensive non-QB players on the sideline (Mark Andrews and J.K. Dobbins) the Bengals, after building up a 1st half lead, came out flat in the 2nd and almost let that game slip away.

I expect a lot of fight from the Ravens, but, ultimately, this is a different team without Lamar Jackson.

Cincy wins, but they will allow the Ravens a chance to win it at the end, and Huntley does not have it in him to put the game on his shoulders to win.

Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Two teams that I hate (or at least one team, the stupidly named “America’s Team”…which they are NOT, and the QB that all Bills fans love to hate, TB12) round up the WCWE.

The Cowboys should win this fairly easily, but they have shown the ability to stink up the place way too often.

Last week’s debacle of a crappy performance against Washington, who had nothing to play for while Dallas still had a chance to get the #1 seed, shows how unreliable and inconsistent this overrated team is.

Tampa Bay is a sucky team. Let’s face it, without Brady, they would be in the running for worst record in the NFL.

After their season opening win vs Dallas (another example on how easily the Cowboys can and DO stink it up in any given week) Tampa has not beat any quality teams.

But, Brady IS on their team, and elite QB play at the end of the game can cover up a lot of deficiencies.

I would like to see both of these teams to lose. Especially TB…..what the NFL world does NOT need is TB12 sucking up all the attention about how great he is. So insufferable.

So, I’m going with my heart here. I’d rather TB12 be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round MORE than I want to see Dallas embarrassed.

THAT schadenfreude will come next week when they go to SanFran and get their asses beat.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: 2022 Playoff Picks

Bills over Dolphins

Seattle shocks San Fran.

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      Bills over Dolphins

Seattle shocks San Fran.

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys.
      That’s a BOLD pick of Seattle over SanFran......and one I would LOVE to see.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I can see Purdy having a bad game. Their defense is probably good enough to win it even if he does unless he throws a bunch of picks. I decided to pick what I want to happen.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

I can see Purdy having a bad game. Their defense is probably good enough to win it even if he does unless he throws a bunch of picks. I decided to pick what I want to happen.
          I hope you are correct. Purdy is due to to have a bad game.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Bills beating Miami
            Bengals beating Ravnes
            Chargers beating Jags

Chargers beating KC
            Bills beating Cincy

Bills beating Chargers

San Fran beating Seahawks
            Vikings beating Giants
            Tampa beating Dallas

Vikings beating San Fran
            Tampa beating Eagles

Tampa beating Vikings

Buffalo beating Tampa

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I hate that I have to root for Dallas. Hopefully, this is the last time we will ever have to see Tom Brady in a playoff game.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                The things I get you to say
                • Oct 2019

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                I hate that I have to root for Dallas. Hopefully, this is the last time we will ever have to see Tom Brady in a playoff game.
                You see eeyore, I want the Bills to take care of the AFC and I want Dallas to win the NFC oh yes. I need revenge. I need to break Jerry Jones for XXVII and XXVIII. BUFFALO ALL THE WAY THIS TIME!!!!
                Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Bills play down to the level of the competition for the first half.

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gibby 2.0 View Post
                    You see eeyore, I want the Bills to take care of the AFC and I want Dallas to win the NFC oh yes. I need revenge. I need to break Jerry Jones for XXVII and XXVIII. BUFFALO ALL THE WAY THIS TIME!!!!
                    I don’t even want the possibility of a loss to Brady or a 3rd loss to Dallas. If we make it and lose, it will suck no matter what, but it’ll be even worse if it’s one of those two.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Prov401
                      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                      • Aug 2008

Bills
                      49ers
                      Jaguars
                      Vikings
                      Bengals
                      Bucs

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

I just wanna win **** everybody else .....

GO BILLS!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Bills over Dolphins

Seattle shocks San Fran.

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys.
                          I’m all over Seattle +9.5

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?
                            What are we supposed to do with zonebucks?

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?
                              What does that even mean??? Quantify it.

Comment

Working...
                              X