PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Playoff Picks

notacon
01-13-2023, 12:18 PM
The 2002 Weekly Picks (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/260950-2022-Weekly-Picks) thread is for the regular season. Playoffs are a totally different animal.

Participate if you are brave enough to put your predictions on the line. :D:

Here we go…Wild Card Weekend Games:

Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

Besides the Bills/Miami game, this is one of the least competitive match ups. 49ers are hot and there are not many teams in the NFC (AFC is another story…..the only game they have played against some of the best the AFC has to offer was KC and they got their asses kicked in) that can beat them…Philly is their biggest threat.

Geno Ford is a great story. And Seattle made a tremendously successful and smart decision to move on from Russel Wilson, and that trade will help Seattle to build a perennial contender once again.

But not yet.

This game may be over well before half time. 49ers all the way

LA Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars

This may be the most competitive games this weekend, with two of the emerging young QB’s that are destined to be elite forces for years to come.

I believe the difference is going to be coaching. Staley is not a very good head coach, and there were many valid reasons why there was much chatter earlier in the season that he was good as gone.

The talent was there last year to get into the playoffs, but he stumbled way too many times.

The decision to play so many starters in week 18 with nothing on the line, was stupid, stupid, stupid. Two of the best non-QB players aggravated their injuries, Mike Williams and Bosa.

Now with the news that Mike Williams is out, that can have a substantial effect.

On the other sideline is Pederson who is a fantastic coach who won a Super Bowl with a middling backup QB at the helm.

I’m picking Jacksonville in a close and exciting game. Probably a 60/40 chance that Staley is fired.

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Even before Tua was ruled out of the game, this was almost assuredly destined to be a Bills win. Now, with Skyler Thompson as QB, and Mostert questionable with a broken thumb, and Waddle also questionable (along with starting LT, LG and RT) this will be the least competitive game of WCWE.

Josh Allen is going to step up his game when everything is on the line. Rousseau and Oliver are going to make Thompson’s life miserable, and there will probably be three or four INT’s.

This may turn ugly for Miami pretty quickly. Very much like last year’s blowout of NE.

No one will be surprised when many starters are taken out the game after half time, to give more backup players some playoff experience.

NY Giants at Minnesota Vikings

This may end up being the most exciting game of WCWE. It’s almost like the Vikings welcome crazy close endings. It’s probably the hardest game to pick.

Jefferson is a superstar who just cannot be stopped. Cousins has played at an extremely high level this year, but is not trustworthy to do it week after week, snap after snap.

Brian Daboll has got the Giants playing well above their talent level, and they do have some elite players that can change the game on both offence (Barkley) and defense (Thibodeaux).

Daniel Jones has shown he is a threat in both passing and running.

Vikings luck runs out and I see a close NY Giants win.

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals

Without Lamar Jackson, the Ravens do not have a realistic chance to win this game. But, the arrogant Bengals showed in week 18, that they are very capable of keeping Baltimore in the game much longer than they should….like their barely beating NE too.

Even with backup QB Tyler Huntley not playing in week #18 (and raw rookie third-stringer Anthony Brown getting his first start in the NFL) along with two of their best offensive non-QB players on the sideline (Mark Andrews and J.K. Dobbins) the Bengals, after building up a 1st half lead, came out flat in the 2nd and almost let that game slip away.

I expect a lot of fight from the Ravens, but, ultimately, this is a different team without Lamar Jackson.

Cincy wins, but they will allow the Ravens a chance to win it at the end, and Huntley does not have it in him to put the game on his shoulders to win.

Dallas Cowboys at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Two teams that I hate (or at least one team, the stupidly named “America’s Team”…which they are NOT, and the QB that all Bills fans love to hate, TB12) round up the WCWE.

The Cowboys should win this fairly easily, but they have shown the ability to stink up the place way too often.

Last week’s debacle of a crappy performance against Washington, who had nothing to play for while Dallas still had a chance to get the #1 seed, shows how unreliable and inconsistent this overrated team is.

Tampa Bay is a sucky team. Let’s face it, without Brady, they would be in the running for worst record in the NFL.

After their season opening win vs Dallas (another example on how easily the Cowboys can and DO stink it up in any given week) Tampa has not beat any quality teams.

But, Brady IS on their team, and elite QB play at the end of the game can cover up a lot of deficiencies.

I would like to see both of these teams to lose. Especially TB…..what the NFL world does NOT need is TB12 sucking up all the attention about how great he is. So insufferable.

So, I’m going with my heart here. I’d rather TB12 be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round MORE than I want to see Dallas embarrassed.

THAT schadenfreude will come next week when they go to SanFran and get their asses beat.

Novacane
01-13-2023, 12:21 PM
Bills over Dolphins

Seattle shocks San Fran.

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys.

notacon
01-13-2023, 12:47 PM
Bills over Dolphins

Seattle shocks San Fran.

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys.

That’s a BOLD pick of Seattle over SanFran......and one I would LOVE to see.

Novacane
01-13-2023, 12:59 PM
I can see Purdy having a bad game. Their defense is probably good enough to win it even if he does unless he throws a bunch of picks. I decided to pick what I want to happen.

notacon
01-13-2023, 02:21 PM
I can see Purdy having a bad game. Their defense is probably good enough to win it even if he does unless he throws a bunch of picks. I decided to pick what I want to happen.
I hope you are correct. Purdy is due to to have a bad game.

TacklingDummy
01-13-2023, 02:26 PM
Bills beating Miami
Bengals beating Ravnes
Chargers beating Jags

Chargers beating KC
Bills beating Cincy

Bills beating Chargers

San Fran beating Seahawks
Vikings beating Giants
Tampa beating Dallas

Vikings beating San Fran
Tampa beating Eagles

Tampa beating Vikings

Buffalo beating Tampa

OpIv37
01-13-2023, 02:50 PM
I hate that I have to root for Dallas. Hopefully, this is the last time we will ever have to see Tom Brady in a playoff game.

Gibby 2.0
01-14-2023, 12:45 AM
I hate that I have to root for Dallas. Hopefully, this is the last time we will ever have to see Tom Brady in a playoff game.

You see eeyore, I want the Bills to take care of the AFC and I want Dallas to win the NFC oh yes. I need revenge. I need to break Jerry Jones for XXVII and XXVIII. BUFFALO ALL THE WAY THIS TIME!!!!

Historian
01-14-2023, 07:53 AM
Bills play down to the level of the competition for the first half.

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?

OpIv37
01-14-2023, 08:37 AM
You see eeyore, I want the Bills to take care of the AFC and I want Dallas to win the NFC oh yes. I need revenge. I need to break Jerry Jones for XXVII and XXVIII. BUFFALO ALL THE WAY THIS TIME!!!!

I don’t even want the possibility of a loss to Brady or a 3rd loss to Dallas. If we make it and lose, it will suck no matter what, but it’ll be even worse if it’s one of those two.

Prov401
01-14-2023, 09:14 AM
Bills
49ers
Jaguars
Vikings
Bengals
Bucs

Woodman
01-14-2023, 09:15 AM
I just wanna win **** everybody else .....

GO BILLS!!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Bills over Dolphins

Seattle shocks San Fran.

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys.

I’m all over Seattle +9.5

Novacane
01-14-2023, 10:19 AM

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?

What are we supposed to do with zonebucks?

notacon
01-14-2023, 11:18 AM

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?

What does that even mean??? Quantify it.

notacon
01-14-2023, 11:25 AM

Like I said above....

"I would like to see both of these teams to lose. Especially TB…..what the NFL world does NOT need is TB12 sucking up all the attention about how great he is. So insufferable.

So, I’m going with my heart here. I’d rather TB12 be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round MORE than I want to see Dallas embarrassed.

THAT schadenfreude will come next week when they go to SanFran and get their asses beat.”

Just because I’m picking Dallas to win, does not mean I’m “rooting” for them. Far from it.

In fact, out of six of the picks I posted, I’m “rooting” for at least two of the teams I’m picking to lose....Baltimore and Seattle.

I can't stand BOTH TB & Dallas. Since a 0-0 tie is not possible, the next best is for TB12 to have a terrible game, and Dallas show just how crappy they are by ****ing up over and over again.

**** Tom Brady. I’d love to see him sacked ten times and intercepted 5 times.

Novacane
01-14-2023, 12:10 PM

The games not over by halftime probably.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2023, 12:45 PM

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?
I had a dream that woke me up this moring.

7:57 left in the 4th.
Bills 16 Miami 9
Josh Allen throws an INT to the left at the Bills 37.
I woke up yelling at my TV.

kgun12
01-14-2023, 12:48 PM
Bills over Dolphins

San Francisco over Seattle

Chargers over Jags

Giants over Minny

Cinci over Baltimore

Tampa over the Cowboys

notacon
01-14-2023, 12:59 PM
The games not over by halftime probably.
:rofl: Of course, EVERY NFL game is “not over by halftime”.

Last I checked, every NFL game has two halves, 30 minutes in each half and 60 minutes in each game. In the playoffs the game is not over until one team has more points after 60 minutes of play, and if required, more playing time if tied at the end of regulation. :D:

notacon
01-14-2023, 01:01 PM
I had a dream that woke me up this moring.

7:57 left in the 4th.
Bills 16 Miami 9
Josh Allen throws an INT to the left at the Bills 37.
I woke up yelling at my TV.

That’s a nightmare. :D:

I have dreams about trade shows all the time. Then I wake up and realize that yes, I’m STILL retired, and do not have to work another trade show in my life!!!

Lexwhat
01-15-2023, 07:18 AM
I know I'm late to this, but these are/were my picks:

CORRECT - 49ers over Seahawks.
The 49ers defense is just too good.

WRONG - Chargers over Jags.
Herbert will show us who he really is, and his talent will ultimately be too much for the Jags to overcome.

======

- Bills over Dolphins.
Don't think I need to say much here, but the Dolphins injuries make this an unfair game.

- Giants over Vikings
This is my upset pick of the week. I think Daboll will have them ready to play, and I can see this being a close game. Giants just need to control Jefferson. Regardless, even if the Vikings win this, I don't see them going past Round 2.

- Bengals over Ravens
No Lamar? No chance. The Ravens defense will play hard, but the Bengals are just too good.

- Bucs over Cowboys
This game was the hardest for me to predict, but ultimately I just don't trust the Cowboys.

Historian
01-15-2023, 08:30 AM

Mistakes, turnovers, and general malaise.

Then in the second half they wake up.

notacon
01-15-2023, 10:42 AM
Mistakes, turnovers, and general malaise.

Then in the second half they wake up.

Who cares? And it is irrelevant. We saw exactly why yesterday.

SanFran was not at the top of their game first half, and were losing. They go on to win in a rout.

Jax was playing some of the ****tiest football, especially Lawrence. LA was all over them going up 27-0.

They lost at the end.

If you want to concentrate on half a game, that’s your problem. It really means almost nothing. All that matters is that you are one point ahead by the end of the game.

Historian
01-15-2023, 01:40 PM

THIS is what I mean.

notacon
01-15-2023, 04:07 PM
THIS is what I mean.

Once again...irrelevant.

What I said earlier....”All that matters is that you are one point ahead by the end of the game.”

notacon
01-15-2023, 07:18 PM
Well...I’m 4-0 going into the Ravens vs Cincy game.

I’m rooting to go 5-1 with the Raven’s messing up my logical pick of Cincy.

notacon
01-17-2023, 01:43 PM
I got my wish X2. I was the only poster here (that participated in picking the wild card games) that picked Dallas over the Bucs.

To me, it was a no brainer, and I was not surprised in the least with last night’s game....except Dallas’ kicker. Oh dear, that was ugly!!!

But the REAL win was my dream was fulfilled that TB12 got kicked out of the payoffs, with the added bonus that he played like **** in doing so. Unfortunately, he is still going to get too much attention with the “what is Brady going to do” crap.

I DO NOT CARE WHAT BRADY DOES NOW. I WISH HE WOULD JUST GO AWAY!!

Anyway, astoundingly I went 6-0 in my picks. I did not expect that. Closest to that perfect score was Prov401, who went 5-1,...missing on that Dallas v Bucs pick.

Here is where the six posters stand....

<tbody>

Won
Lost

Notacon

Prov401

kgun12

Lexwhat

Novacane

TacklingDummy

</tbody>

Still time for more posters to participate. The divisional round is going to be very tough!! I’ll be posting my picks later this week.

TacklingDummy tried to pick all the playoffs. Better if you just forget the picks past the wild card round and just do the divisional round next.

Skooby
01-17-2023, 06:02 PM

100,000 Zonebucks.

Any takers?
That’s my daily interest, I was the richest MF in the zone. Get crunk, got lit.

TacklingDummy
01-17-2023, 06:26 PM
Bills
Jags
Giants
Cowboys

notacon
01-17-2023, 07:29 PM
Bills
Jags
Giants
Cowboys
Are those picks who you think will win, or who you hope will win?? (besides the Bills....I know you think they will and hope they will).

TacklingDummy
01-17-2023, 07:36 PM
Are those picks who you think will win, or who you hope will win?? (besides the Bills....I know you think they will and hope they will).

Hope they will.

Out of the 4, the Giants are my biggest long shot.

Woodman
01-17-2023, 09:25 PM
Chiefs ********** hope Jags

Eagles ********** hope Giants

Bills

49ers

Lexwhat
01-17-2023, 09:44 PM
My picks (what I think will happen):
- Chiefs over Jags.
Although I think the Jags have a chance with their Defense and coaching, Ultimately the Chiefs offense is just too good.

- Bengals over Bills.
Yes, I thought a lot about this. The Bengals are not as good on the Road as they are at home, but Josh Allen is making too many mistakes. I don’t think Burrow will make as many mistakes, and the lack of Hyde and Von Miller will make it tough to stop the Bengals offense. I think it will be close and come down to the 4th quarter.

- Eagles over Giants
Besides the Bills winning, nothing would make me happier than seeing the Giants win this. The performance from Daniel Jones last week was nothing short of brilliant, but I don’t think they can move it the same way against the Eagles defense.

- 49ers over cowboys
I still don’t trust the cowboys.

notacon
01-18-2023, 11:47 AM
Hope they will.

Out of the 4, the Giants are my biggest long shot.

Well....when I make picks, it’s what I think will happen. Not necessary what I want to happen or what I am “rooting” for.

In the weekly picks thread, Cntrygal’s mom expressed how irritated she is when her daughter (and by extension, I) do that.

This weekend mom has informed her that it really irritates her when I'm actively rooting for teams that I didn't pick to win. :rofl:

I do that all the time. Like....

Well....she would be REALLY be irritated with me.

Just this week I was rooting for Cleveland over Cincy, LA Rams over Raiders, Houston over Dallas, JAX over Tennessee, LA Chargers over Miami, Denver over KC and Arizona over New England.....all picks that I had going the other way. :D:

Same with my wild card picks.

I was “rooting” for Seattle & Baltimore, and was not rooting for either Dallas or TB. I was rooting for TB12 to be embarrassed.....which I got my wish.....I did not want either Dallas or TB to win (but, that’s not an option) so....as I explained above....."I’d rather TB12 be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round MORE than I want to see Dallas embarrassed.”

If you want to change your picks to what you think will happen...that’s cool.

I’m having a very difficult time with this round’s picks. I already know exactly what I would like to see and am rooting for....

Bills over Cincy (goes without saying, and that is going to be my pick when I post them)
Jax over KC
SanFran over Dallas (my hate for Dallas is strong)
Giants over Philly.

My actual picks....man, they are tough. Going back and forth on all of them (except the Bills....my faith and confidence with this team is strong and unwavering)

BTW...Lexwhat, I “thanked” your post because you are participating....not that I agree with your Bills pick. But, I respect the hell out of you for laying it on the line as to who you think will win.

I certainly hope you are wrong. But, man, this game could easily go with way.

Bill Cody
01-18-2023, 01:28 PM
Nice picking Noty

notacon
01-18-2023, 01:39 PM
Nice picking Noty
This weeks picks are exponentially more difficult. Except for Bills over Bengals. :D:

Chet
01-18-2023, 04:07 PM
Bills
Chiefs
49ers
Giants with the upset special if Hurts is still banged up

Lexwhat
01-18-2023, 06:00 PM
Well....when I make picks, it’s what I think will happen. Not necessary what I want to happen or what I am “rooting” for.

In the weekly picks thread, Cntrygal’s mom expressed how irritated she is when her daughter (and by extension, I) do that.

I do that all the time. Like....

Same with my wild card picks.

I was “rooting” for Seattle & Baltimore, and was not rooting for either Dallas or TB. I was rooting for TB12 to be embarrassed.....which I got my wish.....I did not want either Dallas or TB to win (but, that’s not an option) so....as I explained above....."I’d rather TB12 be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round MORE than I want to see Dallas embarrassed.”

If you want to change your picks to what you think will happen...that’s cool.

I’m having a very difficult time with this round’s picks. I already know exactly what I would like to see and am rooting for....

Bills over Cincy (goes without saying, and that is going to be my pick when I post them)
Jax over KC
SanFran over Dallas (my hate for Dallas is strong)
Giants over Philly.

My actual picks....man, they are tough. Going back and forth on all of them (except the Bills....my faith and confidence with this team is strong and unwavering)

BTW...Lexwhat, I “thanked” your post because you are participating....not that I agree with your Bills pick. But, I respect the hell out of you for laying it on the line as to who you think will win.

I certainly hope you are wrong. But, man, this game could easily go with way.

You were the only one to be right with all your Wild Card picks, which is extremely tough to do. Congrats!!

Looking forward to your picks for this weekend.

Regarding the Bengals-Ravens game, it was the fumble recovery for the 98 yard TD that was the difference in the game. I think the Bills-Bengals game will be similar - one play here or there will ultimately make the difference.

Surprisingly, I actually think the Bills have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl THIS year than last year. I’ve felt that Cincy would have beaten us last year in the afc championship if we got past KC. But that’s just my opinion.

imbondz
01-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Jags
Giants
Cowboys

These are the correct teams to cheer for. We want the worst teams to win.

notacon
01-18-2023, 07:55 PM
You were the only one to be right with all your Wild Card picks, which is extremely tough to do. Congrats!!

Looking forward to your picks for this weekend.

Regarding the Bengals-Ravens game, it was the fumble recovery for the 98 yard TD that was the difference in the game. I think the Bills-Bengals game will be similar - one play here or there will ultimately make the difference.

Surprisingly, I actually think the Bills have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl THIS year than last year. I’ve felt that Cincy would have beaten us last year in the afc championship if we got past KC. But that’s just my opinion.

Thanks.

I am really struggling with the picks this week. All four higher seeds (home teams) are favored. And for good reason. Buffalo, KC, SanFan and Philly are the four best teams in the NFL, and within their respective conference.

I believe that Cincy was lucky to get that win against Baltimore. The Ravens clearly outplayed them. If there was no insane, miracle 98 yard fumble return, Cincy loses that game.

Not so with Buffalo and Miami. The Bills were clearly the better team and I honestly NEVER doubted they would win that game, despite their sloppiness and Josh’s recklessness.

The Bengals O-line issues could very well decide this game....like you say "one play here or there will ultimately make the difference”....and it could be something like a strip sack of Burrow, or putting pressure on him that results in a big INT.

It would be easy to pick all four home teams, but, I suspect that is not going to happen. I’m waiting for all the injury reports and other news that spring up before games.

For example, it is very interesting that McCaffrey is “off the injury report for the first time since week 12 (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/18/christian-mccaffrey-off-injury-report-for-first-time-since-week-12/)”.

The Bills are the healthiest they have been all season. Like Tony Romo, I think Josh's elbow was affecting his game a lot more than we think. Last week, Josh attempted more deep throws (more than 20 yards) than ever in his career in a game. He is poised for a HUGE game.

McKenzie was a full participant in practice (https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/injury-report-isaiah-mckenzie-a-full-participant-as-buffalo-bills-hold-walkthrough/article_4ac544ec-976f-11ed-a6b2-a37b8b457eeb.html). I know a lot of posters here are down on him...I’m not one of them. He has a skill set that Beasley just does not have.

I agree with you that "the Bills have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl THIS year than last year”. Playing this game at home is HUGE!!! Really HUGE.

Playing the AFC Championship in Atlanta is not as good as being home, but much better than having to go to KC again. Mahomes literally never having a playoff game away from the friendly confines of KC is critical to his success.

If there is a stunning upset, Jax in Buffalo would probably ensure a trip to the Super Bowl.

Bill Cody
01-19-2023, 12:14 PM
This weeks picks are exponentially more difficult. Except for Bills over Bengals. :D:

I dunno I would be going chalk this week

notacon
01-19-2023, 12:21 PM
I dunno I would be going chalk this week

I’m feeling the same thing. So tough to go against any of the favorites. I’m still mulling it over. But, right now, I am leaning that way.

notacon
01-20-2023, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to four entertaining games. Worked hard to try and determine which of the favored teams would falter, but, it’s just not there.

Boring as it may be, it looks like the four favorites and home teams, and higher seeds will prevail.

My thoughts on each game….

Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs

Jax’s comeback vs the Chargers was a great story. LA got what they deserved.

Andy Reid is not Brandon Staley and Patrick Mahomes is not Justin Herbert. We would all love to see a huge upset of KC. But, I just can’t see it happening. Not this year, not at KC.

Doug Pederson is a fantastic coach and perfect for this team and the further development of Lawrence. He can, and will, keep up with Andy Reid. But, KC just has too many weapons and experience.

The best the Jags can hope for is to keep it close and not get embarrassed. KC wins this one and moves on to Atlanta.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles

Another great story when the Giants beat the overrated Vikings at home. Brian Daboll should get coach of the year honors. He has his team playing well above their talent level and has revived the sagging career of Daniel Jones.

Like Jax’s problem with KC, the Eagles are not the Vikings. Philly has a legitimate Super Bowl contending team that is strong in all three phases of the game.

The biggest difference from the last game vs the Vikings is that Philly’s defense is elite.

The Giants have the same goal as Jax. Try and keep it close and don’t get embarrassed.

Daboll will have his team ready and there will probably be times where an upset looks possible.

But, in the end, Philly has too many weapons and will not be one and out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills

This will probably be the best game of the weekend. It has all the makings of a epic game with so many juicy story lines and match ups.

Just the meeting of these teams in relation to the last time and Hamlin’s dying on the field, and then miraculously revived, will provide ample emotions on both sides.

As I have written the past week, the Bills have the distinct edge in many ways. Cincy’s run game is for crap, the Bills run game is much more effective and reliable.

Cincy’s O-line, even before the spate of injuries, was a weak spot. Now it is a glaring weak spot. Yes, Burrow is an elite QB and can get the ball out of his hands quickly and has shown he can overcome shaky O-line play.

The goal is not necessarily to sack him, but put enough constant pressure on him that his quick release results in wayward passes. We may see more blitzes by both Milano and Edmunds, which could wreck havoc in the Bengals backfield.

The Bills defense is better than Cincy’s. And that could be the difference in this game.

The Bengals WR’s (and TE) are scary and capable of breaking open for big plays at any time. But, so do the Bills.

Josh Allen is on a mission. His recklessness is both his weakness AND his strength. If he limits the turnovers and makes the big plays with both his arm and legs….the Bills will prevail.

The difference in the game may come down to a few big runs by Allen.

The home crowd is a huge advantage for the Bills. And, unlike last year AFC Championship game, when Cincy was lucky enough to see Mahomes play probably the worst half of football in his career, Josh will do no such thing.

Bills win in, probably, a close one. But, I would not be surprised if the Bills win by more than one score.

Dallas Cowboys at San Francisco 49ers

I hate the Dallas Cowboys. I have always hated the Dallas Cowboys. Every time I hear the moniker “America’s Team” it make me cringe. Their (unmerited) arrogance runs through the whole organization from owner to water boy.

Out of all the NFL talking heads that are ex-players and coaches on TV, Jimmy Johnson and Michael Irvin are by far the most annoying, with their smugness and superiority complex.

I picked them last week vs Tampa Bay and relished them embarrassing Tom Brady. As I said earlier, I’d rather TB12 be knocked out of the playoffs in the first round MORE than I want to see Dallas embarrassed.

This game vs SanFran could go either way. A very close game with Micah Parsons showing the young, overachieving Purdy what a real elite pass rush is like, and bringing him down to earth.

Or, the elite 49er’s defense and offensive stars, exposing Dallas for the inconsistent good but not great team they are.

Dak had a great game last week. But that was vs weak Tampa Bay. I expect him to have a good game, but not enough.

This pick is the one I am least confident with and is the most likely to be wrong….but….I believe the supporting cast around Purdy results in an extension of his dream season.

San Fran goes on to the NFC Championship vs Philly. The way it should be…the two best teams battle it out for supremacy.

notacon
01-20-2023, 11:42 AM
I’m copying Historian picks for this weed from another thread....

The opinions expressed here do NOT reflect the opinions of the management.

:roflmao:

Saturday:

Kansas City 44
Jacksonville 10

KC cruises to it's third Super Bowl in four years.

Philadelphia 31
New York 17

Daboll's fairy tale season ends with a thud.

Sunday:

Cincinnati 35
Buffalo 31

Bills will settle for a filed goal for the last time of the year.

San Francisco 34
Dallas 20

Cowboys are going to seriously discuss a change at QB in the off-season.

Historian
01-20-2023, 12:44 PM
Thanks, I forgot about this thread.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Jags 24-20
bills 37-20
sf : 24-17
eagles: 30-14

notacon
01-21-2023, 12:42 PM
Funny (not really, it’s expected)....we have so many self-proclaimed know-it-alls on this site, but so few that actually are brave enough to go on the record with some picks. :rolleyes:

Kudos to the few that did.

Novacane
01-21-2023, 01:06 PM
I'd love to see the Jags beat KC but they won't............................................................. ...........................................38-24 KC
I'd love to see they Giants beat Philly and they might but I'm sticking with the home team 27-24 Philly
I have not idea what Bills team will show up. It better not be the team that showed up last week. Going with my heart. 35-24 Bills
I'm just not sold on Purdy. I hate Dallas and Jerry Jones but I think they have the fire power to beat SF......................... 27-21 Cowboys

Lexwhat
01-21-2023, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to four entertaining games. Worked hard to try and determine which of the favored teams would falter, but, it’s just not there.

Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills

This will probably be the best game of the weekend. It has all the makings of a epic game with so many juicy story lines and match ups.

Just the meeting of these teams in relation to the last time and Hamlin’s dying on the field, and then miraculously revived, will provide ample emotions on both sides.

As I have written the past week, the Bills have the distinct edge in many ways. Cincy’s run game is for crap, the Bills run game is much more effective and reliable.

Cincy’s O-line, even before the spate of injuries, was a weak spot. Now it is a glaring weak spot. Yes, Burrow is an elite QB and can get the ball out of his hands quickly and has shown he can overcome shaky O-line play.

The goal is not necessarily to sack him, but put enough constant pressure on him that his quick release results in wayward passes. We may see more blitzes by both Milano and Edmunds, which could wreck havoc in the Bengals backfield.

The Bills defense is better than Cincy’s. And that could be the difference in this game.

The Bengals WR’s (and TE) are scary and capable of breaking open for big plays at any time. But, so do the Bills.

Josh Allen is on a mission. His recklessness is both his weakness AND his strength. If he limits the turnovers and makes the big plays with both his arm and legs….the Bills will prevail.

The difference in the game may come down to a few big runs by Allen.

The home crowd is a huge advantage for the Bills. And, unlike last year AFC Championship game, when Cincy was lucky enough to see Mahomes play probably the worst half of football in his career, Josh will do no such thing.

Bills win in, probably, a close one. But, I would not be surprised if the Bills win by more than one score.

Looks like 3 out of 4 picks we agree - with the difference being Bills / Bengals. God, I hope I am wrong.

I generally think the Bills are the better team on paper. Injuries are a bit of wash (we are missing Von Miller and Hyde, and likely Jordan Phillips), while the Bengals are missing 3 O-Lineman. Even if Phillips plays, he isn't 100%. It's possible Josh Allen also has a lingering injury affecting his play.

Our Red Zone Offense and Josh's turnovers have me the most concerned. However, I do believe Josh can fix it if he is patient, and I hope Dorsey has saved his best for these next 3 weeks.

If the Bengals do win, I will have to say that McDermott and Beane need to look in the mirror and make some changes. We are playing this game at home (when I think it should have been at a Neutral site), and most of our roster is healthy. We really have no excuses.

notacon
01-21-2023, 06:59 PM
Looks like 3 out of 4 picks we agree - with the difference being Bills / Bengals. God, I hope I am wrong.

I generally think the Bills are the better team on paper. Injuries are a bit of wash (we are missing Von Miller and Hyde, and likely Jordan Phillips), while the Bengals are missing 3 O-Lineman. Even if Phillips plays, he isn't 100%. It's possible Josh Allen also has a lingering injury affecting his play.

Our Red Zone Offense and Josh's turnovers have me the most concerned. However, I do believe Josh can fix it if he is patient, and I hope Dorsey has saved his best for these next 3 weeks.

If the Bengals do win, I will have to say that McDermott and Beane need to look in the mirror and make some changes. We are playing this game at home (when I think it should have been at a Neutral site), and most of our roster is healthy. We really have no excuses.

I’ll wait until the Bills lose (and how they lose if they do...which I do not think they will) until saying it’s time to make some changes.

Woodman
01-22-2023, 12:28 PM
I just wanna win **** everybody else .....

GO BILLS!!