PDA

View Full Version : Wins a win

BillsOwnAll
01-15-2023, 05:18 PM
So much crying. Why does everyone think other teams play perfect games every week.

10/10 times the bills of the drought lose this kinda game.

It’s the playoffs. Win or go home. WIN or go home… they ain’t going home yet.

Lexwhat
01-15-2023, 05:19 PM
So much crying. Why does everyone think other teams play perfect games every week.

Yup.

One correction though - they are going home. And getting ready for next week - which is another Home game they rightfully earned with a 13-3 record.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-15-2023, 05:19 PM

It’s because the bar is raised. This is supposed to be a top 2 team

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 05:32 PM
It’s because the bar is raised. This is supposed to be a top 2 team

They will be 1 of 4 teams left in the AFC.

All 4 teams left have issues.

Right now I would rank them…

1) Cincy
2) Buffalo
3) Jags
4) KC

Unless Ravens win then they would be in 4th spot.

Novacane
01-15-2023, 06:03 PM
If Tua had been playing and they won by 3 points in a back and forth game I'd take it. The way this went down is worrisome. Our offense and special teams kept handing points to a 3rd string QB who could not move the ball. Of all the games that were close this season this one should not have been.

notacon
01-15-2023, 07:15 PM

I wrote this on another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/262315-Trevor-Peterman!!!?p=4996475&viewfull=1#post4996475) that may explain some of this phenomena...

I suspect that there is a combination of college football and fantasy fans that have a different outlook and perception of the NFL game.

In college, it DOES matter how you win a game depending on the quality of the opposition. That’s because (somewhat subjective) RANKING is what is king. If a highly ranked college team plays against lowly opposition and only beats them by 10 instead of 30, it counts against them.

I don’t usually watch, nor am I a fan of collage football. I watched the so-called “playoffs” because I have close friends that are both Michigan and Ohio fans.

The games are like a video game or pinball...lots of flash and noise, very little substance or really quality football...as compared to the NFL. A handful of good players running rings around the 98% of the players that will never even come close to sniffing the NFL.

Fantasy football is even worse. It’s all about individual STATS in a TEAM game. Stats are fun and all, but, don’t necessarily decide games.

Come playoff time all that matters is that you are one point ahead by the end of the game.

Live to fight another day. If anything, the Bills, once again, showed how resilient they are and can overcome their own mistakes.

The Buffalo Bills are a VERY TOUGH team to beat.

notacon
01-15-2023, 07:20 PM
BTW....the LAST game the Bills have lost is vs Minnesota.

The Vikings are packing up their lockers and going home.

Buffalo Bills are playing next week.

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 07:51 PM
Cincy will smoke us next week.

Jaydog57
01-15-2023, 08:26 PM
Like most people I didn't expect it to be that close. I'm glad we played as good as we did; on to next year for us. Enjoy the rest of your season Bills fans :peace:

Mace
01-15-2023, 08:36 PM
I just don't see this ending well and I've been watching football for decades enough to see what's working well and what isn't.

I'm still with them, don't see it happening though.

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2023, 08:55 PM

"We'll start 3-5 or worse"
"We can't beat KC in their stadium"
"We can't beat the Patriots"
"The dolphins will win the division"
"We won't be better than a wild card team"
"We're at best a 1st round playoff exit"

Keep predicting, bud. You might be right for once in your life.

Historian
01-15-2023, 08:57 PM
I take issue with this entire playoff format.

Any Division Champ with 12 wins or higher should get a first round bye. Better yet, all 4 division winners get a bye, and the next seven to eight seeded teams play the WC round.

There needs to be some sort of benefit for winning your division with 13 wins or higher, conversely there needs to be some sort of punitive measure for winning a division that is **** from top to bottom.

Let the 8-9 and 9-8 scrubs battle it out for the right to play in the divisional round.

Cntrygal
01-15-2023, 08:57 PM
Holy Crap. I'm considering merging every single one of these threads. FFS... you all sound like you're 8 years old.

*not directed at The Historian

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 09:14 PM
"We'll start 3-5 or worse"
"We can't beat KC in their stadium"
"We can't beat the Patriots"
"The dolphins will win the division"
"We won't be better than a wild card team"
"We're at best a 1st round playoff exit"

Keep predicting, bud. You might be right for once in your life.
FWIW, I was one of the few who said this would be a tough game.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-15-2023, 09:21 PM

Bengals fighting for life vs a backup Qb too Huntley. And don’t tell me he’s that good

kgun12
01-15-2023, 09:24 PM
I’d rather be in the position we are in and not where the Vik’s, chargers, Seahawks!

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2023, 09:26 PM
FWIW, I was one of the few who said this would be a tough game.

Well otherwise you'd have been on record saying both that this will be an easy win and also an impossible win...So good on you, I guess.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2023, 09:29 PM
Bengals fighting for life vs a backup Qb too Huntley. And don’t tell me he’s that good

He’s not elite 18/45 220 1TD 2 Ints. good.

OpIv37
01-15-2023, 10:19 PM
Well otherwise you'd have been on record saying both that this will be an easy win and also an impossible win...So good on you, I guess.

Bengals will destroy us.

Woodman
01-15-2023, 10:20 PM
We get the Bengals!

Joe Fo Sho
01-15-2023, 10:40 PM
Bengals will destroy us.

Maybe, but at least when all is said and done I won't consider myself cry baby.

OpIv37
01-16-2023, 12:00 AM
Maybe, but at least when all is said and done I won't consider myself cry baby.

So you pride yourself on not accepting the inevitable. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Woodman
01-16-2023, 12:05 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rY0WxgSXdEE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2023, 01:19 AM
So you pride yourself on not accepting the inevitable. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Not a single one of your predictions this year was inevitable...because you've been wrong literally ALL YEAR. Jesus ****ing christ, you don't know what inevitable means either.

I will accept the fact that the Bills lost to the Bengals when in fact the Bills actually lose to the Bengals. Until then, I'm not going to be a little ***** about it. You do you though, you're so very good at it.

Historian
01-16-2023, 09:42 AM
Just to break the tension, lol:

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/325249368_1036396211096846_766411809716420569_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JrDY-bKdbiIAX_oIjJh&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfBvt1RRkGhgpreIN7MvlZKg3Tlt1ZjPVqpzy46bz3sguw&oe=63CA6B7D

Discotrish
01-16-2023, 09:54 AM

People have trouble with the whole resilience thing. If the Revolutionary Army were a football team, a lot of people would've quit during the Winter at Valley Forge.

<div style="width:360px;max-width:100%;"><div style="height:0;padding-bottom:177.78%;position:relative;"><iframe width="360" height="640" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameBorder="0" src="https://imgflip.com/embed/77nubs"></iframe></div><p><a href="https://imgflip.com/gif/77nubs">via Imgflip</a></p></div>

Kenny
01-16-2023, 10:56 AM
Just to break the tension, lol:

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/325249368_1036396211096846_766411809716420569_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JrDY-bKdbiIAX_oIjJh&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfBvt1RRkGhgpreIN7MvlZKg3Tlt1ZjPVqpzy46bz3sguw&oe=63CA6B7D

haha... really? Going to have to read about that Chargers one.

Back on topic though... While I dont have a warm and fuzzy feeling from yesterday's win, no way we get blown out by Cinci. As long as Allen is playing we have a shot. He just has that ability to take over a game, and make the other team look like little boys playing vs. men (now, Allen also has the ability to keep the other team in the game too - let's just hope we dont get that version!)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErT8VbYW4AUXvwR.png

jamze132
01-16-2023, 12:40 PM
They will be 1 of 4 teams left in the AFC.

All 4 teams left have issues.

Right now I would rank them…

1) Cincy
2) Buffalo
3) Jags
4) KC

Unless Ravens win then they would be in 4th spot.

How does anyone not have the Jags last?

TacklingDummy
01-16-2023, 01:26 PM
How does anyone not have the Jags last?

IMO, the Jags have been playing better than KC over the past 6 weeks. They didn’t barley beat Houston and Denver.

notacon
01-16-2023, 01:41 PM

Bengals will destroy us.

For the record, quantify that. With a score or point spread.

So we could mock you when you are woefully wrong, as you usually are with ‘the sky is falling’ predictions.

notacon
01-16-2023, 02:23 PM
Watching the game last night, the Bengals performed much more poorly than the Bills. If not for a fumble and 98 yard return FLUKE (and it was a major fluke, just like Josh’s fumble for TD vs Minny, but the one last night was even MORE fluky), the Ravens would be up 24-17.

No one knows what happens then. Ja’Marr Chase was a non-factor (as compared to the expected) with only 9 catches for 84 yards and one TD. Poor for him. Tee Higgins was even more invisible.....4 catches for 37 yards. Terrible for him.

The Ravens have virtually NO pass game. Mark Andrews is it. Sammy Watkins showed why he can be considered a career bust and showed once again that the Bills trade up to draft him was one of the worst GM moves of the century.

And the Bengals barely won. Baltimore came so close to scoring the tying TD at the end.

Add in their almost total collapse vs NE where another fluky fumble saved their asses, and this team is more likely to **** up this Sunday than the Bills.

The Bills, on the other hand, faced up to adversity (and some very close misses on what is considered a “catch” or not) but never blinked. After Miami went up 24-20 with the fumble recovery, the Bills score the go ahead TD late in the 3rd quarter and never lost the lead.

The Bills scored AGAIN to go up 10 points and then, after the only long drive Miami had for a TD, with 11 minutes left in the game, to get within 3 points, took control of the game and allowed only two more Miami possessions where they gained 5 yards on 3 plays, and 30 yards on seven plays (not letting them get on our side of the field, turning the ball over on down with 2:22 left and then finishing off the game with a hard fought first down....when everyone on the planet knew they were going to run the ball.

Classic playoff winning football.

The Bills did not play their best game (special teams sucked with the terrible kickoff out of bonds and allowing a 50 yard punt return) and three turnovers by Josh....and still won the game.

Several receivers had very good games....Stefon Diggs, 7 catches for 114....Davis 6 for 113 with a TD....Shakir 3 for 51, Beasley (after a slow start with a treble bounce off his chest for INT) 2 big catches for 35 yards and one TD.

They will learn their lesson from this close call, and Josh will rise to the occasion this week and outplay Joe Burrow. The injury depleted O-Line of Cincy (that was not that great when they were at full strength) will be a big problem for Burrow.

As will their lack of ability to run the ball. Cincy’s rushing total the last five games.....

Wild card vs Baltimore - 51 yards
Week 18 vs Baltimore - 55 yards
Week 16 vs NE - 73 yards
Week 15 vs Tampa Bay - 53 yards
Week 14 vs Cleveland - 71 yards

Buffalo rushing totals the last five games....

Wild Card vs Miami - 107 yards
Week 18 vs NE - 90 yards
Week 16 vs Chicago - 254 yards
Week 15 vs Miami - 150 yards
Week 14 vs Jets - 102 yards

Bills beat Cincy in a close game. Probably by 3 points. Could be by a TD.

The LAST thing that will happen is that Cincy “smokes” the Bills, or the “Bengals will destroy” the Bills.

How incredibly obtuse and Mega Nega Fan bullcrap.

sukie
01-16-2023, 03:56 PM
Holy Crap. I'm considering merging every single one of these threads. FFS... you all sound like you're 8 years old.

*not directed at The Historian

Oh yeah? You’re a poo poo brain AND you have cooties… such a girlie pants. No tag backs I quit…. Times infinity. (Arm pit fart noise.)