X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike in Syracuse
    • Jul 2002

At the risk of sounding negative, I have a question

I was thinking about the Milloy signing and his former role with the Patriots. He was the defensive team leader and the heart and soul of their defense. We've added Takeo Spikes, a defensive team leader and the soul of the Bengal defense. We have our own London Fletcher, a team captain and our defensive leader. Do we have too many ego's on this team? I'm hoping that this defense doesn't go the route of the Redskins of four years ago, a buttload of talent on paper but unable to translate it to the field. Are all these stars going to get along?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

No we have team player personalties here unlike the Washington Redskins!:)

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

The Redskins just have bad karma thanks to their owner Danny "Spoiled brat"Snyder

Comment

• DBam
        • Jul 2002

We had a hell of alot of more ego's during our superbowl runs.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jul 2003

Cornelious Bennet, Darryl Talley, Bruce Smith, Kurt Shultz, Phil Hansen....they did ok :)

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Fletcher's not a leader!

Spikes will be the man!
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LABillzFan
              • Sep 2003

Actually, Mike...that dawned on me as well, but I suspect these guys are mature enough to accept what's going on and rely on each other's strengths.

Tough problem to have.
              Good beef jerkey could possibly be the perfect food.

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

Ouch! He thows down the gauntlet.

Of course Fletcher is a leader!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

He's only a leader in voice, not in performance. Leader's like Spikes and Milloy lead by example. Both excel at their positions. Fletcher is average at his.

Sure, he has a ton of tackles, but he's a MLB on a team that's had no DL. So why would anyone expect that he'd have fewer. He misses Ts, he's not nearly as fast E-W that many give him credit for.

He's simply not in Spikes' or Milloy's league performance wise!

They are premier, he is solid at best. Average IMO.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• DBam
                    • Jul 2002

Why the hell does Wys get so much credit? Because he makes chicken suace? The guy doesen't know a damn thing about football! He obviously has too much time on his hands. Dude you blew it with your Bledsoe comments. Sit back and enjoy the season. We haven't had this much talent since the mid 90's!

Comment

• DBam
                      • Jul 2002

By the way, the Rams players (following the departure of Fletcher)
                      stated the lack of intensity on defense was due to the departure of their field general. If this isn't a sign of leadership I dont know what is. I have a feeling, we will be hearing similar statements from the Patriots during the off-season.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DBam
                        Why the hell does Wys get so much credit? Because he makes chicken suace? The guy doesen't know a damn thing about football! He obviously has too much time on his hands. Dude you blew it with your Bledsoe comments. Sit back and enjoy the season. We haven't had this much talent since the mid 90's!
                        He's just trying to keep us down-to-Earth with his statements for the most part. He'll be enjoying the Super Bowl victory at the end of the season just as much as any of us!!
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                        X