PDA

View Full Version : Early line on Bills/Bengals

BuffaloBlitz83
01-16-2023, 07:10 AM
Bills the 4.5 favorite. I expected it closer to pick em.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-16-2023, 07:20 AM
Agreed
This surprises me

helmetguy
01-16-2023, 07:24 AM

I'd rather be the underdog. Seems like when we're favored, we get complacent. When we're favored by double digits, we get careless.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-16-2023, 07:28 AM
I'd rather be the underdog. Seems like when we're favored, we get complacent. When we're favored by double digits, we get careless.

We have been the favorite in every game this season. Crazy stat

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2023, 07:46 AM
It should be down to 3 by game time I'd imagine. A pick em game, and the home team usually gets a FG

TacklingDummy
01-16-2023, 09:33 AM
Vegas is creaming their pants with all the people who are going to take the Bengals +3.5, +4.5.

Any see that person who bet $1.4 million the Chargers were going to win the game when they were up 27-0? He would have only won $11,000.

Woodman
01-16-2023, 09:35 AM
Vegas is creaming their pants with all the people who are going to take the Bengals +3.5, +4.5.

Any see that person who bet $1.4 million the Chargers were going to win the game when they were up 27-0? He would have only won $11,000.

Holy crap gotta be crazy.

Lone Stranger
01-16-2023, 02:55 PM
With that particular point spread one might think the experts are not so displeased with the Bills performance.

YardRat
01-16-2023, 06:32 PM
We have been the favorite in every game this season. Crazy stat

They are 8-9 against the spread including yesterday. Which means they fail to meet expectations more times than not.

Woodman
01-16-2023, 06:40 PM
They are 8-9 against the spread including yesterday. Which means they fail to meet expectations more times than not.
8-9 ATS interesting.

14-3 in the actual outcomes ........ I'm good with that.

Chet
01-16-2023, 07:21 PM
Soon to be 8-10 ATS.

TigerJ
01-16-2023, 07:54 PM
Cincinnati may be missing three of their five starting offensive linemen. That may have something to do with the line. Cincinnati is a tough opponent for the Bills but the injuries on their Oline gives Buffalo something they need to exploit.

Turf
01-16-2023, 08:39 PM
Sounds like people will be jumping on Cincy with the points. Bodes well for us.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-16-2023, 09:21 PM
8-9 ATS interesting.

14-3 in the actual outcomes ........ I'm good with that.

Bills lines are very much inflated all year due to being heavy public favorites

Woodman
01-16-2023, 09:34 PM
Bills lines are very much inflated all year due to being heavy public favorites
absolutely.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-16-2023, 09:40 PM
absolutely.

I believe I read the chiefs are like 7-10 ats

Inflated

Woodman
01-16-2023, 09:43 PM
I believe I read the chiefs are like 7-10 ats

Inflated
I read the same thing.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2023, 09:56 PM
Im taking the Jags + whatever and the Bills - whatever.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-17-2023, 07:56 AM
Im taking the Jags + whatever and the Bills - whatever.

I'm on eagles too. Giants off an over achievement win now play a strong D in the cesspool

notacon
01-17-2023, 11:59 AM

What a rather meaningless stat.

This site (https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/ats_trends/) has the Bills at .500 ATS.

Interestingly, KC is near the bottom at .375.

So what????....it means nothing.

If the Bills beat Cincy by 3 points.....they go on to the AFC Championship game, but Cincy will pad their ATS record!! BFD!!! :rolleyes:

I’d be very happy with that result.

OpIv37
01-17-2023, 12:13 PM

This site (https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends/ats_trends/) has the Bills at .500 ATS.

If the Bills beat Cincy by 3 points.....they go on to the AFC Championship game, but Cincy will pad their ATS record!! BFD!!! :rolleyes:

Well, the stat does mean one thing: the oddsmakers are giving us a little too much credit.

notacon
01-17-2023, 03:49 PM
Well, the stat does mean one thing: the oddsmakers are giving us a little too much credit.

The oddsmakers only care about setting the line to ensure money being put on both sides of the spread to minimize their risk.

I could not care any less.

This season, the Bills were favored in every game. They only lost three game (exactly like I predicted) which means they had an .824 record.

Your college football bias is rearing its head again, where style points DO matter in the rankings. Not so in the NFL.

If the Bills (or any other team) went 20-0 for the season but 0-20 against the spread, does that change anything??? Of course not.

The Bills are favored in the Cincy game. Do I care if they win by one or fifty???? What do you think???

You are obsessing about the wrong stuff....the irrelevant stuff....the fluffy stuff....the distracting stuff.

notacon
01-17-2023, 04:09 PM
Almost forgot. In the playoffs Miami is 1-0 vs the spread. The Bills are 0-1.

Which team is cleaning out their lockers and which is playing next week???

Baltimore is 1-0 vs the spread. Cincy is 0-1.

Which team is cleaning out their lockers and which is playing next week???

The only people that give a flying **** about the point spread are the suckers that bet money on it.

YardRat
01-17-2023, 05:41 PM

This is a thread about the point spread.

Try and keep up.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-17-2023, 07:08 PM

Chalk that up to winning close games

notacon
01-17-2023, 07:18 PM
This is a thread about the point spread.

Try and keep up.

Jesus. YOU were the one that brought up the Bills record vs the point spread. And my post (responding to yours) was about the point spread. What are you whining about?????

Of course, the Bills record vs the point spread (that YOU brought up) is irrelevant. Certainly irrelevant to any team's ability to win actual games. Which the Bills have 14 times so far this season.

Just like the point spread for the upcoming game is irrelevant. Again, what are you whining about???

YardRat
01-17-2023, 07:20 PM
Jesus. YOU were the one that brought up the Bills record vs the point spread. And my post (responding to yours) was about the point spread. What are you whining about?????

Of course, the Bills record vs the point spread (that YOU brought up) is irrelevant. Certainly irrelevant to any team's ability to win actual games. Which the Bills have 14 times so far this season.

Just like the point spread for the upcoming game is irrelevant. Again, what are you whining about???

It's relevant to the subject of the thread.

Try and keep up.

notacon
01-17-2023, 07:25 PM
It's relevant to the subject of the thread.

Try and keep up.

What?!?!? Your tap dancing is silly and childish. Jeez.

I repeat....YOU were the one that brought up the Bills record vs the point spread. And my post (responding to yours) was about the point spread. What are you whining about?????

What pointless nonsense.

YardRat
01-17-2023, 07:34 PM
What?!?!? Your tap dancing is silly and childish. Jeez.

I repeat....YOU were the one that brought up the Bills record vs the point spread. And my post (responding to yours) was about the point spread. What are you whining about?????

What pointless nonsense.

Your first four posts are about how irrelevant and meaningless records against the point spread are in a thread where the subject is point spread.

Woodman
01-17-2023, 08:29 PM
Chalk that up to winning close games

Are you sure :D

Woodman
01-17-2023, 08:35 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y1MgDvXzgl8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was this you when proven to be correct??

BuffaloBlitz83
01-17-2023, 09:33 PM
Great take. All the sharps on buffalo and Joe's like op on bengals.

https://youtu.be/3C2aGZisPWw

Woodman
01-17-2023, 10:56 PM
Interesting and spot on ..... if you're a gambler.

We should destroy the Bengals OL period.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-19-2023, 08:29 AM
66% bets on bengals line increased to 5.5 now. It was 3.5 at one point. Books trying to get this to 75% bets on Cincinnati.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-19-2023, 01:21 PM
I don't understand gambling. Nor the metrics of manipulating where the money is bet. Don't get it/don't care.

Night Train
01-20-2023, 07:58 AM
Weather forecast - Light snow, maybe an inch and temps in the mid 30's F for the game.

TacklingDummy
01-20-2023, 08:47 AM
66% bets on bengals line increased to 5.5 now. It was 3.5 at one point. Books trying to get this to 75% bets on Cincinnati.
Bills haven't beat anyone by double digits lately. It's coming this Sunday. Suckers are taking the Bengals with the points.

Chet
01-20-2023, 11:27 AM
Bills haven't beat anyone by double digits lately. It's coming this Sunday. Suckers are taking the Bengals with the points.
Maybe it’s the moonshine talking or my general mental deterioration, but I think Buffalo covers too

BuffaloBlitz83
01-20-2023, 11:54 AM

All the sharps are on Buffalo

BuffaloBlitz83
01-21-2023, 11:01 AM
Line moved to 6. All that wise guy money on bills

Lexwhat
01-21-2023, 03:58 PM

I rarely bet or gamble (maybe $250 a year max), but I just put $50 on the Bengals to win straight up.

Can't wait to throw my money away.

Novacane
01-21-2023, 10:32 PM
Great take. All the sharps on buffalo and Joe's like op on bengals.

https://youtu.be/3C2aGZisPWw

That was interesting! Public money was on KC and NY today. Big money was on Jacksonville and closely split on the night game but slightly favoring Philly.

Bodes well for tomorrow. Big money seems to know things we don't.

Novacane
01-21-2023, 10:36 PM
That was funny when Colin explains why he's taking Cincinnati and the points. The guy tells him all the wise guys are on the Bills. "OK, I'm taking buffalo to cover". What a man of conviction!

BuffaloBlitz83
01-21-2023, 10:40 PM
That was funny when Colin explains why he's taking Cincinnati and the points. The guy tells him all the wise guys are on the Bills. "OK, I'm taking buffalo to cover". What a man of conviction!

Colin is a punk. Last year he was riding Allen’s jock this year he turned on him and sucks Up to burrow.

notacon
01-22-2023, 11:16 AM
Colin is a punk. Last year he was riding Allen’s jock this year he turned on him and sucks Up to burrow.
I stopped listening to CC many years ago. He tries too hard for the controversial take, which makes him sound like a shrill whiner.

He shows up in my Apple New Feed from time to time, and he is a Bills basher. **** him!!