PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Round: How To Beat The Bengals

Gibby 2.0
01-15-2023, 11:52 PM
1. Gotta outphysical them. My good will is only for Tee Higgins as he didn't do anything wrong, bjut that team is dirty so you gotta outphysical them
2. We can't beat ourselves. Josh cannot be throwing picks and we can't be fumbling and destroying drives with awful penalties and extending their drives with the same
3. Certain members cannot be calling the Preliminary Game Ball thread stupid. Its a vital part of the game day experience here
4. No looking to KC. Focus on the Bengals
5. Pass Rush
6. Protect the Josh
7. We actually got some good running backs, USE THEM
8. As always score at least one more point than they do.

kingJofNYC
01-16-2023, 12:49 AM
Attack Eli Apple as much as possible, their corner are suspect as in their OL.

They will dink and dunk us to death because they won't drop back to pass on deep concepts with how bad injured their OL is.

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2023, 06:34 AM
Pressure with 4, 5 at the most.

Play zone, and make Burrow take the long way down the field. No easy long plays. They are going to move the ball. Hold them to FGs.

Cntrygal
01-16-2023, 07:19 AM
Disciplined Football. Stop with all this sloppy ****.

GET.THE.FIRST.DOWNS.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2023, 07:19 AM
Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips could make the difference in this game. They play big, the Bills win.

sukie
01-16-2023, 07:33 AM
Use middle of field 8-11 yards beyond LoS. Please… just 4 times would be 300% improvement.

There is a rumor that the Bills have 3 RB that are good at catching the ball. Just sayin.

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2023, 07:40 AM
Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips could make the difference in this game. They play big, the Bills win.

Did Phillips play yesterday?

I missed who was inactive, besides McKenzie

TacklingDummy
01-16-2023, 07:41 AM
Did Phillips play yesterday?

I missed who was inactive, besides McKenzie

No. Hopefully will be ready this week.

Woodman
01-16-2023, 07:49 AM
Glad we were able to rest him and give that shoulder a break.

We gotta have him at as close to full strength going forward.

Play smart football no turnovers.

Don't be hesitant to use the RB's in every imaginable way.

Novacane
01-16-2023, 08:42 AM
Stop turning the ball over.

Kenny
01-16-2023, 08:52 AM

The turnovers suck, but the strip/fumble was just a good play by miami, and it was a one-on-one throw to Brown which was another great play by them. The Beasley pick... more on Beasley I guess, but any time you try and force a throw with 3 guys around a WR, there's a chance this happens.

What I dont like was all the long bombs though... hopefully we did that because we knew it was Skylar Thompson, and didnt have to worry about them scoring. Just hoping for better playcalling and execution going forward.
As well, the Dolphins have one hell of a DL. Raekwon Davis, Wilkins and Jaelen Phillips. Not sure if Cinci's DL is as good?

Night Train
01-16-2023, 09:24 AM
Glad the game is here. Helps a lot in my view. It will probably come down to a play or two late. Angina is a given with our team

Woodman
01-16-2023, 09:56 AM
Attack Eli Apple as much as possible, their corner are suspect as in their OL.

They will dink and dunk us to death because they won't drop back to pass on deep concepts with how bad injured their OL is.
Davis and Diggs could have big days!

notacon
01-16-2023, 01:38 PM

Last night on NFL Gameday Final, they presented this interesting graphic....

Here is the data....

<tbody>
Current Win Streak, Including Playoffs

Burrow
Allen

W-L
9-0
8-0

Team PPG

Paass YPG

TD-INT
19-6
18-6

</tbody>

Why not any talk about Joe Burrow to “stop turning the ball over”???

Mace
01-16-2023, 03:29 PM
Last night on NFL Gameday Final, they presented this interesting graphic....

Here is the data....

<tbody>
Current Win Streak, Including Playoffs

Burrow
Allen

W-L
9-0
8-0

Team PPG

Paass YPG

TD-INT
19-6
18-6

</tbody>

Why not any talk about Joe Burrow to “stop turning the ball over”???

Because Joe Burrow isn't the Bills QB, Allen's turnovers led to what, half of Miami's point total or something ? Burrow can turn the ball over as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Mace
01-16-2023, 04:21 PM
First of all, McDermott needs to get a grip on his hair trigger use of timeouts because we might actually NEED them. Next, these periods of tackling issues need to stop, that's football 101, surely McFrazier can address this. Discipline with avoiding turnovers, check. 1st downs, yes. 8-11 yard plays and running back usage in the passing game, yes.

I don't know if it's Dorsey, or Allen audibling, but they need to realize they aren't the pre bye juggernaut team. They need to do what teams do to us, slice and dice, to open up the long routes. Singletary can catch, Hines and Cook have playmaker speed. We have Beasley. Fast Allen lasers on short and intermediate routes. Shouldn't be defensible. Stop this fast knockout punch crap. Even if it works, it will mean McFrazier's defense has to go out there again, and you can't figure that will end well because the Bengals will be taking advantage of what always works against us.....that pseudo prevent zone.

One thing about Daboll I miss...he was very capable of ball control offense via the short passing game when we wanted to keep the ball away from opposing offenses. That should be easier now, because the running game is working better.

We need to play disciplined and keep the ball away from their offense with way less "fire it down the field".

I don't know the Bills have any of this in them. I hope they do.

YardRat
01-16-2023, 04:40 PM
The turnovers suck, but the strip/fumble was just a good play by miami, and it was a one-on-one throw to Brown which was another great play by them. The Beasley pick... more on Beasley I guess, but any time you try and force a throw with 3 guys around a WR, there's a chance this happens.

What I dont like was all the long bombs though... hopefully we did that because we knew it was Skylar Thompson, and didnt have to worry about them scoring. Just hoping for better playcalling and execution going forward.
As well, the Dolphins have one hell of a DL. Raekwon Davis, Wilkins and Jaelen Phillips. Not sure if Cinci's DL is as good?

I would say the fumble was a bad play by Josh, and the int a combo of another bad play by Josh and lack of effort/awareness by Brown. The Beasley, the defender had his arm in there and was good play by him.

The long bombs were a result of Miami's C1 shell/man outside...if Josh sees one-on-one single high he's going to send Dggs and Davis deep and take the shot.

Cinci's defense is far better than Miami's and Hubbard-Reader-Hill-Hendrickson are a step up from Wilkins-Davis -Seiler-Phillips/Ingram IMO.

Mace
01-16-2023, 05:09 PM
It's certainly not a truth, but before Hamlin, that Bills/Bengals was kind of like I expected. No telling what could have/might have happened, I admit it, but I'm just expressing my opinion that it was going to be something like Bengals 24, Bills 13 at the half and I'd be hoping for 2nd half heroics.

Bills mantra has been "control what we can control" and "just win". I'm fine with both, but they just did not look like a fiercely motivated team on a mission to me in their first playoff game where I was expecting kind of a "plow them under for Damar" vibe.

If they lose, I'm not going to blame the players. If they win this one, I'll really believe they have a chance, even if it's ugly. But I don't expect Cinci to slop it up, they've been to a super bowl and we have not. Cinci will bring their "A" game, we need to find ours again. Imho.

Typ0
01-16-2023, 05:41 PM
We can't be haphazard with the football and give CIN extra possessions. We're really been struggling with this!

Woodman
01-16-2023, 06:06 PM
Glad the game is here. Helps a lot in my view.

It's Huge!

YardRat
01-17-2023, 05:23 AM
There was a reporter from ESPN on a local weekly sports show last night that has been around both teams and in both locker rooms over the last two weeks, and she said the attitude in Cincinnati is 'extremely confident'. They don't see beating Buffalo as difficult at all, wherever the game is played. They sincerely believe they have the Bills number and are bolstered by the little experience they had in the few minutes of the regular season game.

TacklingDummy
01-17-2023, 08:00 AM
Just read when Cheffers refs a Bills game they are 6-1. When he refs a Bengals game they are 1-3.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2023, 08:31 AM
how to beat the bengals

STOP BEATING YOURSELVES!!!!
STOP THE STUPID TURNOVERS!
GET THE FIRST DOWN!

and don't just pressure Burrow
GET HIM ON THE GROUND!

- - - Updated - - -

There was a reporter from ESPN on a local weekly sports show last night that has been around both teams and in both locker rooms over the last two weeks, and she said the attitude in Cincinnati is 'extremely confident'. They don't see beating Buffalo as difficult at all, wherever the game is played. They sincerely believe they have the Bills number and are bolstered by the little experience they had in the few minutes of the regular season game.
Bengals do a ton of chirping.

would love to shut them up.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2023, 08:34 AM
fact

in the last 29 games, the bills are 24-5

these five losses are by a total of 20 points

The Bills are very difficult to beat. In my opinion, only they can beat themselves.

if they play mistake free, or at least mistake small football, there is NO ONE who can beat them when the clock hits zero. i truly believe that.

Saratoga Slim
01-17-2023, 08:46 AM

We're 5-3 when we LOSE the turnover battle. Undefeated when we don't. If we don't turn the ball over, we're the best team in the league.

notacon
01-17-2023, 12:01 PM
Joe Burrow is 0-3 when sacked more than 5 times....13-1 when sacked less than 5 times.

notacon
01-17-2023, 12:32 PM
fact

The Bills are very difficult to beat. In my opinion, only they can beat themselves.

if they play mistake free, or at least mistake small football, there is NO ONE who can beat them when the clock hits zero. i truly believe that.
That is an astounding stat. I knew about this season, with only three losses by a combined 8 points, but a two year record like that is almost unheard of.

BTW....Cincy lost ONE game vs Cleveland this season by NINETEEN points in week #14. Nick Chubb ran all over them gaining 101 yards, and the Browns had 172 yards rushing compared to Cincy’s anemic 36.

Buffalo played those same Browns, and the complete opposite happened. The Bills ran steamrolled Cleveland with 171 rushing yards (both Singletary and Cook had 86 each...and Josh had only SEVEN yard rushing).

The Bills bottled up the feared Cleveland rush attack holding Chubb to only 19 yards on 14 carries and a team total of only 80 yards.

And that was after more than a few posters here predicted that Chubb would destroy us on the ground. :rofl:

Both Cincy and Buffalo have some cleaning up to do after their wild card wins. Cincy win was much shakier than the Bills. They won with a fluke 98 yard fumble recovery that had a 14 point swing. Baltimore had the upper hand in that game and had Cincy on their heels the whole game.

And they came within a hair of being tied at the end of the game.

Another very revealing stat from that game....

Baltimore, who has performed terribly on offense the last six games of the season without Jackson, had 364 yards of offense, while the supposedly dynamic and dangerous offense of the Bengals only gained 234.

The Bills, on the other hand, out gaining Miami on offense 423 yards to 231.

As I posted in another thread, Cincy has not been able to run the ball for **** lately, while the Bills most definitely have....

Cincy’s rushing total the last five games.....

Wild card vs Baltimore - 51 yards
Week 18 vs Baltimore - 55 yards
Week 16 vs NE - 73 yards
Week 15 vs Tampa Bay - 53 yards
Week 14 vs Cleveland - 71 yards

Buffalo rushing totals the last five games....

Wild Card vs Miami - 107 yards
Week 18 vs NE - 90 yards
Week 16 vs Chicago - 254 yards
Week 15 vs Miami - 150 yards
Week 14 vs Jets - 102 yards

Josh needs to reduce the risky hero ball, and increase the superman elite QB play that he undoubtedly is capable of....especially in playoff games.

Take advantage of the banged up Cincy O-line and terrorize Burrow all day with more than five sacks.

If the Bills do not turn the ball over (and get one or two from Cincy) I do not see how they don’t win the game.

THAT is reality.

Kenny
01-17-2023, 02:44 PM
Joe Burrow is 0-3 when sacked more than 5 times....13-1 when sacked less than 5 times.

Wasnt he sacked like 9 times last year when they beat Tennessee in OT?

notacon
01-17-2023, 03:39 PM
Wasnt he sacked like 9 times last year when they beat Tennessee in OT?
That was last year. Look it up if you’re interested.

I’m citing this season.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-17-2023, 04:05 PM
fact

Sorry
I am wrong
I believe they are 19 and 5 in the last 24

swiper
01-17-2023, 05:58 PM
Saw this Tweet. It's how I feel about it. We love picking apart the Bills, but some part of me just feels they have yet to play their best football this season:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> have yet to play their best football this season, and they are 14-3.</p>&mdash; Hänsel (@UberHansen) <a href="https://twitter.com/UberHansen/status/1615079711973015560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

acehole
01-17-2023, 09:42 PM

Keys to this game?

Weak offensive line on both teams but it maters more with the bengals.

Joe can't move.

Josh makes bigger plays when he is rushed or flushed.

Buffalo will use swing pass to slow the d line

play action attack edges of the field.

hit the bombs after safeties creep.

I would love with Cooks speed to introduce back the counter tray.

It is an old run redskin run play where the runner lunges to the right (or left) briefly to have the lineman set the block then run in opposite direction sweep.

Why? They will have deep covered....middle spied for josh.....the edges will be after thought.

Same reason he should roll out.

Joe is a pocket passer.

not mobile. I would get some heavy beef on the right side of the dline and push and collapse that pocket from there forcing Joe to move left of right. (3 new offensive linemen).

Ravens exposed them....almost beat them if not for a freak play.

Their luck runs out Sunday.

We will by a touchdown.

Cntrygal
01-18-2023, 10:36 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">During the Bills&#39; current 8-game winning streak:<br><br>First 5 games: 3 turnovers <br>Last 3 games: 9 turnovers<a href="https://twitter.com/MattParrino?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MattParrino</a>: &quot;What was going so right in the first five compared to the last three?&quot;<br><br>Sean McDermott: &quot;I think I was going to church more... I&#39;ll be there twice this week.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/s8L0nhn3y7">pic.twitter.com/s8L0nhn3y7</a></p>&mdash; Dan Fetes (@danfetes) <a href="https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1615748362203955209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:rofl:

Chet
01-18-2023, 12:25 PM
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 744px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOlsibGlua3RyLmVlIiwidHIuZWUiLCJ0ZXJyYS5jb20uYnIiLCJ3d3cubGlua3RyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRyLmVlIiwid3d3LnRlcnJhLmNvbS5iciJdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfaG9yaXpvbl90aW1lbGluZV8xMjAzNCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ0cmVhdG1lbnQiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3R3ZWV0X2VkaXRfYmFja2VuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfcmVmc3JjX3Nlc3Npb24iOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ 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 3X3Nob3dfYnVzaW5lc3NfYWZmaWxpYXRlX2JhZGdlIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd190d2VldF9lZGl0X2Zyb250ZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH19&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1615748362203955209&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fshowthread.php%2F262339-Divisional-Round-How-To-Beat-The-Bengals%2Fpage2&sessionId=3a702317557eaea4da0351f0a7b65efd1caaa28b&theme=light&widgetsVersion=2b959255e8896%3A1673658205745&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1615748362203955209"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:rofl:
I understand he's trying to bring some levity to the situation, but this **** with the TOs and penalties has to stop. This team is sloppy, undisciplined, and consistently outcoached. I'm STILL waiting for 4 quarters of good football. Been waiting since the Bye
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.3da3731af9a8a2b242ed5500485bb22f.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Bill Cody
01-18-2023, 12:35 PM
If we win the turnover battle I am extremely confident.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2023, 12:39 PM
I'm STILL waiting for 4 quarters of good football. Been waiting since the Bye

Some KC and Bengal fans have been saying the same thing all year.

Chet
01-18-2023, 03:32 PM
Some KC and Bengal fans have been saying the same thing all year.
The Bengals fans would be right to say it.

Chiefs are in a similar boat where they’ve struggled to put opponents away, but they have far and away the best win of the season in that beat down at Candlestick. They also are made men since that core has a SB. They get the benefit of the doubt. We haven’t earned that.

Woodman
01-18-2023, 04:27 PM
Chiefs lost to the Colts nuff said.

YardRat
01-18-2023, 04:59 PM
Keys to this game?

Weak offensive line on both teams but it maters more with the bengals.

Joe can't move.

He gets rid of the ball quick to the open man. Re-watch the first two drives of the Monday nighter.

Josh makes bigger plays when he is rushed or flushed.

Buffalo will use swing pass to slow the d line

I don't disagree but they never have so I don't know what indicates they will start now.

play action attack edges of the field.

Gotta establish the run first.

hit the bombs after safeties creep.

They had trouble hitting them against Cover 1 last week. The wide-outs are going to have to get better separation, Allen is going to have to be more accurate, and the receivers can't drop the balls.

I would love with Cooks speed to introduce back the counter tray.

It is an old run redskin run play where the runner lunges to the right (or left) briefly to have the lineman set the block then run in opposite direction sweep.

Not even in the play book that I've seen.

Why? They will have deep covered....middle spied for josh.....the edges will be after thought.

Same reason he should roll out.

How are they going to have the deep covered if the safeties are creeping up?

Joe is a pocket passer.

not mobile. I would get some heavy beef on the right side of the dline and push and collapse that pocket from there forcing Joe to move left of right. (3 new offensive linemen).

Ravens exposed them....almost beat them if not for a freak play.

Their luck runs out Sunday.

We will by a touchdown.

He was a pocket passer last year. With a worse offensive line. He won two playoff games on the road and was one play away from winning it all.

Buffalo needs to play almost perfect in all three phases if they are going to win.

TacklingDummy
01-20-2023, 02:32 PM
If the Bills win the toss do they do what the Bengals did last game and take the ball to start the game?

Woodman
01-20-2023, 06:31 PM
If the Bills win the toss do they do what the Bengals did last game and take the ball to start the game?

I would bet they differ regardless.

The last buffalo fan
01-20-2023, 07:49 PM
Let's ****ing Go, Buffalo!!!!!

TacklingDummy
01-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Just read a stat. that over the past 2 years the QB+receiver duo with most TD passes where the ball travels 10 yards or more in the air are 1) Allen/Davis, 2) Burrow/Chase, 3) Allen/Diggs, and 4) Allen/Knox.

That's crazy if true.

Woodman
01-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Never heard that one .... if that's the case it's amazing!!

swiper
01-21-2023, 09:38 AM
If they can get the 2 questionable DTs into the rotation, then the only thing they are missing is Von Miller, correct? How we could use Von Miller. But the secondary is now at full health, minus Hamlin, correct?

swiper
01-21-2023, 09:40 AM
Just read a stat. that over the past 2 years the QB+receiver duo with most TD passes where the ball travels 10 yards or more in the air are 1) Allen/Davis, 2) Burrow/Chase, 3) Allen/Diggs, and 4) Allen/Knox.

That's crazy if true.

And people have been criticizing Davis for not getting separation. That stat does not mesh with that claim.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2023, 10:25 AM

That's crazy if true.

Found totals again.

Gabe 18
Chase 17
Diggs 16
Knox 13

TacklingDummy
01-21-2023, 10:26 AM
And people have been criticizing Davis for not getting separation. That stat does not mesh with that claim.
My criticism with him has been the drops. Hopefully he is over that.

sukie
01-21-2023, 10:39 AM
I think earlier there was an elbow issue with Josh as well.

I just hope Playoff Gabe is back.