PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I just had an epiphany and boy did it sting.

Mike in Syracuse
09-03-2003, 06:37 PM
There's a lot of speculation on whether or not Milloy will be able to learn our schemes and adjustment calls in time to be ready to play on Sunday. The other big question centered around what he could tell us about the Patriot's defensive gameplan I was thinking about this and the thought hit me: WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN, Lawyer Milloy has seen the Patriots offense every day for the past 8 years. When Brady calls a play he is going to know what the play is. He can stand in our secondary and shout out the formation, the tendencies, hot routes, misdirections....etc. HE'S GOING TO BE ABLE TO TELL OUR DEFENSE A TON!!!.

Think back to the Bills/Jacksonville game with Rob Johnson on the sideline yelling out the calls. Think about Gruden in last years SuperBowl and how the Bucs knew what the Raiders were going to run. Not only does Milloy bring us talent, he brings us the Patriot offense.

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 06:39 PM
:up:

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Amen, brother. Seems to my its time that the Bills got inside Brady's head instead of the Pats being in Bledsoe's head.

I'm still amazed that Bellicheck did this.

Captain gameboy
09-03-2003, 07:05 PM
As much as I hate to be a curmudgeon, I don't want us to overplay this signing, at least as far as the impact it will have on this week's game. NFL game plans are installed on Wednesdays, are not that complicated, and he was cut before that.
Of course he knows the Pats talent, tendencies, and schemes, and views of the Bills 2002 offense, but I doubt he'll be able to get them in our D's heads before the snap.
His real value will come six weeks or so down the road, when he's fully integrated.
We still need to win the game on our ability to win the turnover battle and lack of drive-ending penalties.
On a personal note, Ty Law is the guy I want to go down this week. Ty Law is my target.
I hate Ty Law.

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Knowing Beliichick , he'll try to disguise their D play. He's too smart a coach. I'm sure they already though of that before they realeased him.
Hopefully, it'll confuse his players.