PDA

View Full Version : Poyer Thanks Mafia

BuffaloBlitz83
01-19-2023, 06:24 AM
Could be the end of an era at orchard park potentially his last home game. Thanks Mafia On his podcast. I’ll never forget his leadership before the pats playoff game last year. Here’s the clip. Hope he stays!

https://youtu.be/Vea4vtwugTA

swiper
01-19-2023, 06:26 AM
What

are

you

smoking?

Forward_Lateral
01-19-2023, 06:28 AM
What

are

you

smoking?
lol

BuffaloBlitz83
01-19-2023, 06:52 AM
What

are

you

smoking?

Here you go clown.

https://twitter.com/thevolumesports/status/1615831774084358144?s=46&t=F6O9q4-EdtkNTndHbMH3nA

DraftBoy
01-19-2023, 06:53 AM
He's putting on the positive face while his wife is on social media saying she can't believe that he's going to be a free agent in a few weeks. At least they know how to coordinate their messaging to spin both sides.

But we really don't need this nonsense at the moment.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-19-2023, 08:24 AM
He's putting on the positive face while his wife is on social media saying she can't believe that he's going to be a free agent in a few weeks. At least they know how to coordinate their messaging to spin both sides.

His wife is a bad news. I’m sure she wants him to take a max deal regardless destination

Forward_Lateral
01-19-2023, 09:21 AM
He could retire too, you never know. Maybe that's why he decided to play on a torn meniscus with no contract next year.

Either way, I gained a ton of respect for him this year, not that I didn't respect him already, but going out there on a damaged knee, when you want one more contract, takes massive balls

Saratoga Slim
01-19-2023, 09:29 AM
His wife is a bad news. I’m sure she wants him to take a max deal regardless destination

She does seem like a handful.

I truly love what Jordan brings to our defense, and we're not the same without him. But man it's going to be hard to justify a big contract at his age given his injury history this year. If it comes down to paying him or Edmunds this offseason, which it very likely will, Beane will have to choose the healthy 24 year old.

yordad
01-19-2023, 12:05 PM
We are undefeated in games he played this year.

notacon
01-19-2023, 12:18 PM
Could be the end of an era at orchard park potentially his last home game. Thanks Mafia On his podcast. I’ll never forget his leadership before the pats playoff game last year. Here’s the clip. Hope he stays!

https://youtu.be/Vea4vtwugTA

That same pre-game speech is appropriate this week. Cincy, as a team, is acting VERY cocky (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/262363-Ja’Marr-Chase-Hell-yeah-I’m-the-league’s-best-receiver?p=4997700&viewfull=1#post4997700). They need to be put in their place.

As for his soft “goodbye” to the Bills Mafia from his podcast....kinda surprised he posted that. It’s not very professional days before such a huge game.

I thought he was better than that.

Woodman
01-24-2023, 11:14 PM
My money is on Poyer going to Miami.

Forward_Lateral
01-25-2023, 06:05 AM
I bet he retires

Historian
01-25-2023, 07:21 AM

Nor did we need his remarks before Sunday's game.

He'll do, or go, wherever his dip**** wife tells him to.

kgun12
01-25-2023, 09:23 AM

Except for the last one and he played horribly. Between his injuries (yes from playing so hard) I his age and especially his wife, it’s time to say…

OpIv37
01-25-2023, 10:03 AM
We paid a lot of guys- Josh, Diggs, Milano, Knox, Miller, White... there is only so much cap space. Eventually, someone is going to be the odd man out. I'd like to keep Poyer but with his age, it doesn't make sense to give him a big multi-year deal. And if someone offers him one, I don't blame him for taking it. It's probably going to be his last big contract.

Ideally for the team, he hits the FA market, no one offers him a long-term deal, and we can bring him back for 1 or 2 years without committing big money long-term. But, that's wishful thinking.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-25-2023, 10:05 AM
We paid a lot of guys- Josh, Diggs, Milano, Knox, Miller, White... there is only so much cap space. Eventually, someone is going to be the odd man out. I'd like to keep Poyer but with his age, it doesn't make sense to give him a big multi-year deal. And if someone offers him one, I don't blame him for taking it. It's probably going to be his last big contract.

Ideally for the team, he hits the FA market, no one offers him a long-term deal, and we can bring him back for 1 or 2 years without committing big money long-term. But, that's wishful thinking.

Agreed

This is not the off-season to ‘bring back the band’
the band wasn’t good enough in the end
whether that’s the band mates, or the producers. Things need to change

DraftBoy
01-25-2023, 10:22 AM

I think this year clearly demonstrated they the glue of the defensive backfield is Hyde and not Poyer. I don’t have much interest in brining him back at this point. We need to find cheaper alternatives with higher ceilings.

Woodman
01-25-2023, 10:45 AM

Adios!

OpIv37
01-25-2023, 10:51 AM
I think this year clearly demonstrated they the glue of the defensive backfield is Hyde and not Poyer. I don’t have much interest in brining him back at this point. We need to find cheaper alternatives with higher ceilings.

You make a fair point, but my concern in these situations is always finding the replacement.

During the drought, some really bad FO's made good decisions by letting FA's walk rather than overpay them, but they usually failed to find sufficient replacements.

Woodman
01-25-2023, 10:58 AM
Were.

kgun12
01-25-2023, 11:02 AM
You make a fair point, but my concern in these situations is always finding the replacement.

During the drought, some really bad FO's made good decisions by letting FA's walk rather than overpay them, but they usually failed to find sufficient replacements.

McBeane found Hyde and Poyer, they can do it again.

kgun12
01-25-2023, 11:04 AM
Now he’s acting like a child, taking about going to the rivals, I’ll show the Bills!

https://dolphinnation.com/2023/01/24/buffalo-bills-star-safety-jordan-poyer-likes-social-media-post-linking-him-to-miami-dolphins/amp/

sukie
01-25-2023, 11:21 AM
Dolphins don’t have the cake for Poyer but let them spend away on an old guy.

Ed
01-25-2023, 12:01 PM
Sounds like Christian Benford could be a good cheap option to move to safety to replace Poyer. He's got a great skill set for the position and the Bills obviously like and trust him a lot. I'm sure they'll make some other additions here, but I'm a fan of this idea.

Forward_Lateral
01-25-2023, 12:15 PM
Sounds like Christian Benford could be a good cheap option to move to safety to replace Poyer. He's got a great skill set for the position and the Bills obviously like and trust him a lot. I'm sure they'll make some other additions here, but I'm a fan of this idea.
Can he tackle well enough though

Bill Cody
01-25-2023, 12:19 PM
The best way to build a team is through the draft but when you have an expensive QB it's the only way. We're going to have to NAIL the draft and even then some hard decisions are going to need to be made.

Ed
01-25-2023, 12:54 PM
Can he tackle well enough though
He was generally viewed as a good tackler in scouting reports due to his size and physicality. He was talked about as a hard hitter and ball hawk, which is why there seemed to be plenty of speculation that his best position could be as a safety. I think he's got a legit shot to be the starter next to Hyde.

Woodman
01-25-2023, 01:18 PM

Agreed!

Woodman
01-25-2023, 01:21 PM
He was generally viewed as a good tackler in scouting reports due to his size and physicality. He was talked about as a hard hitter and ball hawk, which is why there seemed to be plenty of speculation that his best position could be as a safety. I think he's got a legit shot to be the starter next to Hyde.
He will be Poyer's replacement unless there's a better option.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Wife dropped the hint that it’s a wrap.

Rachel
@Rachel__Bush
·
Follow
Still taking time to process all this while packing our house completely up for the first time in 6 years. Seems surreal. Bills Mafia, regardless of what happens-whatever comes of Jordan’s FA this year, y’all have been AMAZING these past few years. THANK YOU❤️💙