X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The Superbowl Window

You need at least two or likely three guys playing at HOF level. The Bills certainly are not that team this year, for sure after they lost Von Miller. There is not a single player on D who can stop a drive single-handedly for the team.

Looking forward into the future, we have Allen. But in addition, we are pretty much at the mercy of the draft - whether we can hit on those kind of players ot not. Chances are we probably will get someone while Allen is still playing at high level. It's just so unpredictable now that we are entering a phase that we are not able to "buy" one of these players while the QB is still in his rookie deal.
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: The Superbowl Window

Funny thing is, we were probably a late fumble recovery away from playing Baltimore today and then if we advanced, we would have faced a gimpy Mahomes on a team that we've played well against. The Super Bowl window is still open, but a good deal of luck is needed.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

The SB window is over.

Allen’s big contract kicks in next year, so that will limit our ability to get Fa’s or even keep the guys we have. We already know our struggles against Mahomes in the playoffs. Add Burrow to that list. We had 3 games against Miami this year, all 3 were dogfights and they almost beat us with a 3rd sting rookie. If Tua can stay healthy or if they find another option at QB, they’re going to be tough. And Jax with Lawrence is just a couple of players away from being in the mix.

This team is much better than anything we’ve had since the early 90’s, but they just aren’t quite good enough. They rely too much on Allen. Allen struggled early with the 2 3-and-outs, and that’s all it took to doom us because no one else could make a play.
      Last edited by OpIv37; 01-22-2023, 05:47 PM.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

If they have Josh Allen the window is not closed. Start by getting rid of the idiots calling plays on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          The SB window is over.

Allen’s big contract kicks in next year, so that will limit our ability to get Fa’s or even keep the guys we have. We already know our struggles against Mahomes in the playoffs. Add Burrow to that list. We had 3 games against Miami this year, all 3 were dogfights and they almost beat us with a 3rd sting rookie. If Tua can stay healthy or if they find another option at QB, they’re going to be tough. And Jax with Lawrence is just a couple of players away from being in the mix.

His team is much better than anything we’ve had since the early 90{s, but they just aren’t quite good enough. They rely too much on Allen. Allen struggled early with the 2 3-and-outs, and that’s all it took to doom us because no one else could make a play.
          Best thing was to lose like this to unveil what was hidden in 13 seconds.

D

Milano Hyde Poyer White and anyone on a rookie deal makes it to camp

O

Diggs needs a Waddle/Higgins

Bigger RB to compliment Cook

Another WR to replace McKenzie

lines. OLine needs 2-3 upgrades . That will hide any shortcomings of the other 2

DLine. Bigger in the middle. D Jones and any rookie contracts . Epenesa. Bye
          Oliver . Bye

lawson played well
          Last edited by sukie; 01-22-2023, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

The SB window is over.

This team is much better than anything we’ve had since the early 90{s, but they just aren’t quite good enough. They rely too much on Allen. Allen struggled early with the 2 3-and-outs, and that’s all it took to doom us because no one else could make a play.
            Bingo.

On top of that, we borrowed against future cap increases just to get Von.

(Kinda reminds you of an S&L doesn't it?)

Allen will renegotiate to free up cap room, but my question is....who's calling the shots at the top?

Terry isn't a sports guy, and Kim is reportedly very ill, clearly she cannot work the day to day in the offseason.

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              If they have Josh Allen the window is not closed. Start by getting rid of the idiots calling plays on both sides of the ball.
              I was gonna respond to OPi then I realized banging my head against a wall would be a smarter endeavor so I’m responding to you instead.

Indeed our window is not closed while we have Josh. But I would add that our prime window is only 4-5 years…Josh isn’t gonna last as long as Manning/Brady/Rodgers/Brees. His game is just too physical. Even if (hopefully, when) we get a capable OL he’s still gonna boogie at times and take some knocks which will add up.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post

D

O

Diggs needs a Waddle/Higgins

Bigger RB to compliment Cook

Another WR to replace McKenzie

lines. OLine needs 2-3 upgrades . That will hide any shortcomings of the other 2

Oliver . Bye
                I don’t disagree, but how are we going to do all of that under the cap?
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

They rely too much on Allen. Allen struggled early with the 2 3-and-outs, and that’s all it took to doom us because no one else could make a play.
                  That is something I whole-heartedly agree. And that is something EVERYONE (ex coaches, analysts) is saying. It is not sustainable. Mahomes, Burrows can dump off, hand off the ball and move the chain. The Bills have to have Allen running the ball. Cinci ran 150 yards on us today!

They really need to change the offense philosophy and first they have to have Allen to buy in. The kind of offense we see after the bye is not quite smooth to say the least. They have to diversify the offense going forward.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    D

O

Diggs needs a Waddle/Higgins. Yes, we need a legit #2

Bigger RB to compliment Cook. I like Singletary as a change-up back, question is, can they keep him?

Another WR to replace McKenzie. Anyone from UB could fill that role.

lines. OLine needs 2-3 upgrades . That will hide any shortcomings of the other 2. Agreed.

Oliver . Bye

Problem is, those guys are your main draft picks from the Beane era. I doubt they give up on them.

lawson played well

Yea, he's taking it hard too.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
                      I was gonna respond to OPi then I realized banging my head against a wall would be a smarter endeavor so I’m responding to you instead.

Indeed our window is not closed while we have Josh. But I would add that our prime window is only 4-5 years…Josh isn’t gonna last as long as Manning/Brady/Rodgers/Brees. His game is just too physical. Even if (hopefully, when) we get a capable OL he’s still gonna boogie at times and take some knocks which will add up.
                      Window is open as long as we have a healthy Josh. Is KC’s window closed because Mahomes has a bigger contract than Allen?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Tre looks busted, big contract still on him, Poyer old and no money for him, Micah old, Edmunds gone, Morse should retire, LG is a revolving door of players, no drafted DT besides Oliver on this roster (all street FAs), our drafted DEs besides Rousseau look like career backups, RT stinks.

Our window was probably last year and this year, it looks almost shut at this point with this group. Don't be stupid, retool asap, even if it means we lose a few more games, going back with this group would not be wise.
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 01-22-2023, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

The window is still open.
                          But they had quite a few depth players on one year deal.. next year I think every player they draft will have to make the 53 man roster...

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            D

O

Diggs needs a Waddle/Higgins. Yes, we need a legit #2

Bigger RB to compliment Cook. I like Singletary as a change-up back, question is, can they keep him?…. .
                            I’ve been banging on the RB upgrade drum for ages. I wouldn’t want singles as a change up. I’d want A 1A thunder and lightning backs. Cook’s Lightning and a higher draft pick’s thunder (Zack Charbonnet, Chris Rodriguez in the 3rd).

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              The window is still open.
                              But they had quite a few depth players on one year deal.. next year I think every player they draft will have to make the 53 man roster...
                              Lets just hope its better than the 2021 draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X