PDA

View Full Version : Bills 2022 - Team Eval and offseason needs

Ingtar33
01-22-2023, 05:54 PM
Ok, so this season was a wash, and i got to admit, it was ended by the one team in the AFC I thought could do it to us. The reality is this team is suffering from a few issues which I'm not sure how to easily fix.

---

Defense-

Currently the Bills are scheming their way to success on defense. and they have been since McD and Frasier got here. This is an evolution of the Tampa2 defense combined with some of the early 2010's Seahawks... they basically are cycling through cover2, cover3, cover6 while living in their nickel defense.

This isn't an awful scheme. In fact it's right on the cutting edge of what defenses are trying to do these days. However there are a couple of problem which do get exposed with it.

1) an accurate QB can carve it up if you don't get pressure
2) like most primarily zone defense, you can get away with short and slow cornerbacks to play the scheme, this makes the defense very attractive from a salary cap perspective, and even a team building perspective, but again, it can be a bit dependent on smoke and mirrors to work, and with an accurate QB it sorta falls apart if you can't get pressure.
3) If you fill your team with a bunch of small zone defense DBs, when your opponent forces you to play man, you basically can't. Now in the Bills defense they did draft Elam with an eye toward becoming more capable of playing man defense, but with white out all year, and all the other injuries to our secondary you never really saw the bills try to mix in much man defense
4) we simply don't have a good Sam backer on this roster, so when teams come out in 21 or 12 personnel and try to run the ball we don't really have an option to get bigger.

Now you CAN win a superbowl with this type of scheme, but to do it you need top tier defensive linemen. I'm not talking B+ type defensive linemen, you need probowl level defensive linemen, because you basically need the front 4 to generate a passrush and you need them to stop the run. Without that level of defensive linemen, you're gonna end up on the short end of a game like tonight.

Some thoughts for the future (Defense)

If we intend to keep playing this defense, we need to free up cap space where it shouldn't be spent. Which means tre white, poyar and hyde all got to go. This defense requires serious dline talent, talent we don't really have. we have a lot of "good" defensive linemen, but other then Miller, none are great. We need a great DT; and probably another great pass rushing DE. and we need the money freed up to get there. We probably need to move on from Edmunds as well; while i don't really have a beef with him like many do around here; he doesn't bring anything to the table we can't get elsewhere for the same or less money. furthermore he really lacks instincts and is very poor getting off blocks; which is a bad thing if you're going to play nickel all year.

----

Offense -

Every time i watch tape of the Bills offense i get more and more frustrated. The WRs constantly run bad routes. CONSTANTLY. With Gabe Davis and McKenzie at the top of the problem child list. They don't space the routes right, they read the defense wrong on an option route, they round their routs off at the wrong depth, they don't come to the ball. It's really bad on tape, and watching it makes it really obvious what's wrong with the passing offense.

-Bad route running; which creates
-indecision for the QB

How does one create the other? Well if you're running dagger (basically a skinny post from the slot, and an in route from the outside WR) on the right hand side of the formation, and the defense is in some type cover 4, which dagger should get open (especially the backside in route), and the play requires timing and good route running, and your back side in runs a **** pattern, and instead of being properly spaced, and timed, ends up almost overlapping the post guy, who instead of running a post runs a sloppy slant, not pressuring the safeties or lbs properly allowing 1 defender to cover both of them, what the **** is the QB supposed to do? And yes, i'm citing a specific play that happened today. ****ing McKenzie and Davis, Davis was too shallow on the post running what looked like a slant, McKenzie too shallow on his in route (and broke in way too fast, and before you know it the whole route combo was ****ed up and you see JA look off the coverage, come back to the back side, on a in route and post that should have someone open only to see both dip****s basically in each other's laps with one defender easily covering both. and now he has to clutch the ball with an o-line collapsing on him.

It was the right call against the right defense, and two WRs ****ed the whole thing up. I think this was the play he went back frontside and under pressure sailed the pass over diggs head in the endzone. I don't blame JA at all for that. Had it been run right, McKenzie might have been able to dance into the endzone. instead, nothing. we get 3 on the drive i think.

but this type of **** happens all over the field this year (and this game); there was a play against NY that pops into my head where nearly the same thing happens there too, only instead of dagger they're running double slants, and McKenzie runs his slant so shallow the Jets were able to cover both him and davis with one guy (JA might have thrown an INT on that play, after coming back intending to throw to McKenzie on time, only to see him 5-10 yards out of position and covered, double clutch, scramble, maybe an int, i don't remember how it ended i just remember pulling my hair out watching that play).

Both of them have to go. Problem is outside of Diggs, this offense is filled with above average (at best) players in every position. Now the problems with Davis and McKenzie i think should be laid on your OC and how he's running practice. I don't remember Daibol's teams having problems like this with route running and timing. And that seems to be the biggest problem with our passing game. JA looks indecisive because almost no one is where they're supposed to be. either they're reading the defense wrong and running the wrong option route, or they're running a bad route, turning what should be an easy pitch and catch into nothing, and now JA has to start to scramble, by some time and hope someone gets open. you can't run an offense like that. yet it's what we've been asking JA to do all year.

Some of the problems of course are Josh's fault as well, but i think those problems stem from a lack of confidence in his WRs and scheme. They aren't where they're supposed to be, so he starts to improvise, combine this with a crappy offensive line, and you see the problems our QB is facing. He no longer believes guys will be where they're supposed to be. So he's overthinking things. For example, lets say, a play is a dagger against cover 3, there should be a couple of guys open but he's seen nothing from the dagger concept all game because most of the WR crew runs it wrong. So what's he going to do? Is he going to throw the ball to the two numbskulls running the concept or is he going to go bombs away with the WR running down the sideline against 1 high safety?

He's going to go bombs away, even though the dagger concept might have popped a guy free that down.

I can't blame our QB for this. The offense is out of gear, he has ****ty protection, and even when he throws a perfect pass it's a coinflip if some of our WRs will even catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

---

Special Teams

I actually don't have any real complaints about our special teams. Generally they've been pretty good.

This team needs to spend some real money on the lines. It also needs to revamp the WR room. bringing back Beasley is nice, and i think he gave Josh a target he actually trusts for a change, someone who will be where he's supposed to be, but this team needs to move on from Davis and McKenzie because it doesn't seem like josh has much trust in either of them. If i were making changes to the coaching staff i think i'd replace Dorsey. The offense got more disjointed as the season went on, and when you look at them on tape you can see why. The WR coach needs to go to. The o-line needs a major revamping as well, and if the bills chose to spend every draft pick on o-line and dline i wouldn't hate it.

In the end i think there are some major changes needed in the following positions

OC, WR coach, Oline, WR, Dline, MLB, Safety, and CB.

I'll leave RB off the list because i think our Running game might look significantly better with a better oline.

Novacane
01-22-2023, 06:04 PM
Since getting stud DL likely isn't going to happen what's your plan B for the defense?

Ingtar33
01-22-2023, 06:09 PM
Since getting stud DL likely isn't going to happen what's your plan B for the defense?

we get a real SAM, keep White, get young at safety, lose Edmunds and hope we hit a passrusher at DE. If we aren't forced to play nickle, Elam develops and white recovers from the knee, we can play some press man coverage, our problems right now are because we don't have a real SAM and our MLB can't get off blocks so our dline needs to get a lot better, we get a MLB who can get off blocks and i think the Dline at least with one more passrusher should be ok..

Ginger Vitis
01-22-2023, 06:17 PM
White cap hit.. $16.2 million... dead cap $23 million.. bills would lose $7 million trading or cutting white

kingJofNYC
01-22-2023, 06:18 PM
White cap hit.. $16.2 million... dead cap $23 million.. bills would lose $7 million trading or cutting white

They're stuck with him, and they have to hope he bounces back.

Ingtar33
01-22-2023, 06:18 PM

fair enough. then white getting cut won't free up money. i thought it would. I just don't see how this team can spend so much on a CB in a scheme that doesn't need CBs... that said i would rather they keep White.

justasportsfan
01-22-2023, 06:25 PM
What I don't like about this D is that we don't attack . Our DEs are nothing but contain book ends. Wasting Rousseau.

kingJofNYC
01-22-2023, 06:28 PM
fair enough. then white getting cut won't free up money. i thought it would. I just don't see how this team can spend so much on a CB in a scheme that doesn't need CBs... that said i would rather they keep White.

Dude down the stretch they couldn't play quarters as much as they want to because they couldn't leave Tre 1 on 1. Just go back to the first game against the Bengals. First play Tre PI because Chase beat him one on one. TD to Boyd in quarters when Hamlin took the under route and Tre let Boyd him cross his face. We play a lot of 1 high robber, quarters and its variations, we leave our corners 1 on 1, not always but we do, it's what makes this d click. We can really change it up, but when Tre is a turnstile the whole thing falls apart.

Ingtar33
01-22-2023, 06:38 PM
I know tre was a mess. but most players take almost a full year AFTER being able to play on an ACL before they get their game back. the lone exception to that being Adrian Peterson

So Tre being at like 70-80% of himself is about what i expected. I suspect he'll be a lot closer to his top abilities in july or september, but right now? he's about where i expected him to be.

Lexwhat
01-22-2023, 07:04 PM
Ok, so this season was a wash, and i got to admit, it was ended by the one team in the AFC I thought could do it to us. The reality is this team is suffering from a few issues which I'm not sure how to easily fix.

---

Defense-

Currently the Bills are scheming their way to success on defense. and they have been since McD and Frasier got here. This is an evolution of the Tampa2 defense combined with some of the early 2010's Seahawks... they basically are cycling through cover2, cover3, cover6 while living in their nickel defense.

This isn't an awful scheme. In fact it's right on the cutting edge of what defenses are trying to do these days. However there are a couple of problem which do get exposed with it.

1) an accurate QB can carve it up if you don't get pressure
2) like most primarily zone defense, you can get away with short and slow cornerbacks to play the scheme, this makes the defense very attractive from a salary cap perspective, and even a team building perspective, but again, it can be a bit dependent on smoke and mirrors to work, and with an accurate QB it sorta falls apart if you can't get pressure.
3) If you fill your team with a bunch of small zone defense DBs, when your opponent forces you to play man, you basically can't. Now in the Bills defense they did draft Elam with an eye toward becoming more capable of playing man defense, but with white out all year, and all the other injuries to our secondary you never really saw the bills try to mix in much man defense
4) we simply don't have a good Sam backer on this roster, so when teams come out in 21 or 12 personnel and try to run the ball we don't really have an option to get bigger.

Now you CAN win a superbowl with this type of scheme, but to do it you need top tier defensive linemen. I'm not talking B+ type defensive linemen, you need probowl level defensive linemen, because you basically need the front 4 to generate a passrush and you need them to stop the run. Without that level of defensive linemen, you're gonna end up on the short end of a game like tonight.

Some thoughts for the future (Defense)

If we intend to keep playing this defense, we need to free up cap space where it shouldn't be spent. Which means tre white, poyar and hyde all got to go. This defense requires serious dline talent, talent we don't really have. we have a lot of "good" defensive linemen, but other then Miller, none are great. We need a great DT; and probably another great pass rushing DE. and we need the money freed up to get there. We probably need to move on from Edmunds as well; while i don't really have a beef with him like many do around here; he doesn't bring anything to the table we can't get elsewhere for the same or less money. furthermore he really lacks instincts and is very poor getting off blocks; which is a bad thing if you're going to play nickel all year.

----

Offense -

Every time i watch tape of the Bills offense i get more and more frustrated. The WRs constantly run bad routes. CONSTANTLY. With Gabe Davis and McKenzie at the top of the problem child list. They don't space the routes right, they read the defense wrong on an option route, they round their routs off at the wrong depth, they don't come to the ball. It's really bad on tape, and watching it makes it really obvious what's wrong with the passing offense.

-Bad route running; which creates
-indecision for the QB

How does one create the other? Well if you're running dagger (basically a skinny post from the slot, and an in route from the outside WR) on the right hand side of the formation, and the defense is in some type cover 4, which dagger should get open (especially the backside in route), and the play requires timing and good route running, and your back side in runs a **** pattern, and instead of being properly spaced, and timed, ends up almost overlapping the post guy, who instead of running a post runs a sloppy slant, not pressuring the safeties or lbs properly allowing 1 defender to cover both of them, what the **** is the QB supposed to do? And yes, i'm citing a specific play that happened today. ****ing McKenzie and Davis, Davis was too shallow on the post running what looked like a slant, McKenzie too shallow on his in route (and broke in way too fast, and before you know it the whole route combo was ****ed up and you see JA look off the coverage, come back to the back side, on a in route and post that should have someone open only to see both dip****s basically in each other's laps with one defender easily covering both. and now he has to clutch the ball with an o-line collapsing on him.

It was the right call against the right defense, and two WRs ****ed the whole thing up. I think this was the play he went back frontside and under pressure sailed the pass over diggs head in the endzone. I don't blame JA at all for that. Had it been run right, McKenzie might have been able to dance into the endzone. instead, nothing. we get 3 on the drive i think.

but this type of **** happens all over the field this year (and this game); there was a play against NY that pops into my head where nearly the same thing happens there too, only instead of dagger they're running double slants, and McKenzie runs his slant so shallow the Jets were able to cover both him and davis with one guy (JA might have thrown an INT on that play, after coming back intending to throw to McKenzie on time, only to see him 5-10 yards out of position and covered, double clutch, scramble, maybe an int, i don't remember how it ended i just remember pulling my hair out watching that play).

Both of them have to go. Problem is outside of Diggs, this offense is filled with above average (at best) players in every position. Now the problems with Davis and McKenzie i think should be laid on your OC and how he's running practice. I don't remember Daibol's teams having problems like this with route running and timing. And that seems to be the biggest problem with our passing game. JA looks indecisive because almost no one is where they're supposed to be. either they're reading the defense wrong and running the wrong option route, or they're running a bad route, turning what should be an easy pitch and catch into nothing, and now JA has to start to scramble, by some time and hope someone gets open. you can't run an offense like that. yet it's what we've been asking JA to do all year.

Some of the problems of course are Josh's fault as well, but i think those problems stem from a lack of confidence in his WRs and scheme. They aren't where they're supposed to be, so he starts to improvise, combine this with a crappy offensive line, and you see the problems our QB is facing. He no longer believes guys will be where they're supposed to be. So he's overthinking things. For example, lets say, a play is a dagger against cover 3, there should be a couple of guys open but he's seen nothing from the dagger concept all game because most of the WR crew runs it wrong. So what's he going to do? Is he going to throw the ball to the two numbskulls running the concept or is he going to go bombs away with the WR running down the sideline against 1 high safety?

He's going to go bombs away, even though the dagger concept might have popped a guy free that down.

I can't blame our QB for this. The offense is out of gear, he has ****ty protection, and even when he throws a perfect pass it's a coinflip if some of our WRs will even catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

---

Special Teams

I actually don't have any real complaints about our special teams. Generally they've been pretty good.

This team needs to spend some real money on the lines. It also needs to revamp the WR room. bringing back Beasley is nice, and i think he gave Josh a target he actually trusts for a change, someone who will be where he's supposed to be, but this team needs to move on from Davis and McKenzie because it doesn't seem like josh has much trust in either of them. If i were making changes to the coaching staff i think i'd replace Dorsey. The offense got more disjointed as the season went on, and when you look at them on tape you can see why. The WR coach needs to go to. The o-line needs a major revamping as well, and if the bills chose to spend every draft pick on o-line and dline i wouldn't hate it.

In the end i think there are some major changes needed in the following positions

OC, WR coach, Oline, WR, Dline, MLB, Safety, and CB.

I'll leave RB off the list because i think our Running game might look significantly better with a better oline.

Great post. The technical aspects of this is above what I can figure out myself, but it makes sense.

Regarding the DLine - Beane has had multiple draft picks and FAs to work on the DLine. Outside of Von Miller, DaQuan Jones, Ed Oliver, and possibly Rousseau - none of the players have shown to be reliable contributors. This is why a change in Defensive philosophy is in order.

Beane has ignored OLine for long enough. I think Dawkins is overall okay, but he had a terrible game today. Morse has brought stability, but is not the long-term answer. I don't mind Bates, but we really need to fix Right Tackle and at least 1 guard position (Saffold). Move Bates back to Left Guard. A succession plan for Morse also needs to be in place THIS offseason.

Do you think Benford can be groomed for the Safety position? He is a good player, and he can't be any worse than J.Johnson.

Novacane
01-22-2023, 07:07 PM
The good news is that McD sounded like he knows the current plan isn't working in his postgame presser.

Ingtar33
01-23-2023, 09:08 AM
Do you think Benford can be groomed for the Safety position? He is a good player, and he can't be any worse than J.Johnson.

not sure, he looks like most of the CBs on this team, short and slow, but he played zone coverage pretty well when asked.

The last buffalo fan
01-23-2023, 09:13 AM
What I don't like about this D is that we don't attack . Our DEs are nothing but contain book ends. Wasting Rousseau.
Even my wife has been complaining about it all year long, gracias Nenita.

I love Edmunds, I really do, as I love Leslie, but man, we can't stop anybody, anything, not at least we it does matter.

notacon
01-23-2023, 11:49 AM
Good analysis Ingtar.

This is going to be a critical off-season. With Allen’s cap explosion, there is little room for error.

No one will be surprised if Joe Brady replaces Dorsey. Brady’s reputation is for bringing innovation to an offense. Working with Sean Payton certainly did not hurt.

The O-line has several issues. Saffold was a bust. Brown regressed. Bates was more liability as the season wore on. Depth is an issue.

D-line without Von Miller suffered quite a bit. DaQuan Jones was a solid pickup and was sorely missed in this game. Tim Settle was a disappointment. Jordan Phillips could not stay healthy. Epenesa just did not develop.

Besides Milano and Edmunds, the LB room is shallow. Bernard did not come close to where he should have been, falling behind Dodson and AJ Klein in the depth chart does not bode well. The Bills have no young talent to develop into starters.

There is almost no reason to sign Poyer for any long term contract and money that he wants. His age is showing and injuries are going to be the norm with him. Micah Hyde’s contract is an issue. But it might be best to let him play out 2023 and lessen the transition to new safeties.

Tre’ White has us in cap hell. He certainly does not look like a wise use of $16M in 2023 cap hit. Maybe they can trade him?? Does anyone know the cap ramifications if they did, and what team would be desperate enough to take on his contract??

Both Davis and McKenzie were huge disappointments.....especially Davis with his dropsy problem in big plays. Spending some money on OBJ does not look that questionable any more.

Should be very interesting to see what’s in store for the Bills this offseason.

sahlensguy
01-23-2023, 12:13 PM
Good analysis Ingtar.

This is going to be a critical off-season. With Allen’s cap explosion, there is little room for error.

No one will be surprised if Joe Brady replaces Dorsey. Brady’s reputation is for bringing innovation to an offense. Working with Sean Payton certainly did not hurt.

The O-line has several issues. Saffold was a bust. Brown regressed. Bates was more liability as the season wore on. Depth is an issue.

D-line without Von Miller suffered quite a bit. DaQuan Jones was a solid pickup and was sorely missed in this game. Tim Settle was a disappointment. Jordan Phillips could not stay healthy. Epenesa just did not develop.

Besides Milano and Edmunds, the LB room is shallow. Bernard did not come close to where he should have been, falling behind Dodson and AJ Klein in the depth chart does not bode well. The Bills have no young talent to develop into starters.

There is almost no reason to sign Poyer for any long term contract and money that he wants. His age is showing and injuries are going to be the norm with him. Micah Hyde’s contract is an issue. But it might be best to let him play out 2023 and lessen the transition to new safeties.

Tre’ White has us in cap hell. He certainly does not look like a wise use of $16M in 2023 cap hit. Maybe they can trade him?? Does anyone know the cap ramifications if they did, and what team would be desperate enough to take on his contract??

Both Davis and McKenzie were huge disappointments.....especially Davis with his dropsy problem in big plays. Spending some money on OBJ does not look that questionable any more.

Words spoken after every season for the past 50+ years.

I'm for a rebuilding year around Josh. No big money splashes. Trade down in draft. Build young. Build cheap.

kgun12
01-23-2023, 12:31 PM
Good analysis Ingtar.

I think you missed Ingtar’s LBer analysis:

We probably need to move on from Edmunds as well; while i don't really have a beef with him like many do around here; he doesn't bring anything to the table we can't get elsewhere for the same or less money. furthermore he really lacks instincts and is very poor getting off blocks; which is a bad thing if you're going to play nickel all year.
(Which BTW has pretty much what I’ve said about Edmunds)

notacon
01-23-2023, 12:32 PM

We probably need to move on from Edmunds as well; while i don't really have a beef with him like many do around here; he doesn't bring anything to the table we can't get elsewhere for the same or less money. furthermore he really lacks instincts and is very poor getting off blocks; which is a bad thing if you're going to play nickel all year.

I did not miss what he wrote. I don’t agree with it.

justasportsfan
01-23-2023, 12:41 PM
Even my wife has been complaining about it all year long, gracias Nenita.

I love Edmunds, I really do, as I love Leslie, but man, we can't stop anybody, anything, not at least we it does matter.

Allens passes were gettting batted down while we couldnt do the same against their banged up OL and I am guessing its because our DL was too busy trying to get heir foot under them in this weather while only rushing 4.

Ingtar33
01-23-2023, 02:03 PM
Allens passes were gettting batted down while we couldnt do the same against their banged up OL and I am guessing its because our DL was too busy trying to get heir foot under them in this weather while only rushing 4.

Allen getting passes batted down seams to happen when teams are getting to him regularly. he usually will take the time to make sure he can throw around the DL but when he's getting hit all the time he starts to rush and stops noticing the DL.

Also, teams usually "rush" allen by not really rushing him, and just try to get in his passing lanes and keep him in the pocket. If you do that a lot you'll get a fair share of batted balls. The bengals were keeping at min a DT back at the LOS 2gap "rushing" in essence just chewing up a blocker watching allen which put him in a position to bat down a pass... look at how often bengals rushers were getting their hands up when Josh was throwing, now watch the bills passrush. no one has their hands up; and the DEs were being really disciplined by not rushing too far up field to keep him in the pocket.

Lexwhat
01-23-2023, 02:54 PM

I mentioned this is another thread.

I think our hands are tied and we can’t afford Edmunds. Becuase of that, there’s no way we can even think about keeping the same Defensive scheme, because there’s no LB on this Roster who can take Edmunds place.

Our Oline and WR needs are too urgent to spend an early pick on a LB.

Ginger Vitis
01-23-2023, 03:06 PM

White if traded the bills would have to take a $23 million dead cap hit... So white is untradeable.. One of the reasons whites cap number is $16 million for 2023 and $16.6 million for 2024 is because in both 2021 and 2022 the Bills front office took his base salary and converted it into a signing bonus... hence making Whites future cap numbers higher

Ginger Vitis
01-23-2023, 03:12 PM
BTW the bills will almost certainly take Allens base salary in 2023 $27.5 million and convert that into a bonus freeing up $22.9 million for 2023.. They have no choice... And by doing that they will be adding $4.583 million every year to allens current cap numbers every year from 2024 to 2028

kgun12
01-23-2023, 06:03 PM
I mentioned this is another thread.

I think our hands are tied and we can’t afford Edmunds. Becuase of that, there’s no way we can even think about keeping the same Defensive scheme, because there’s no LB on this Roster who can take Edmunds place.

Our Oline and WR needs are too urgent to spend an early pick on a LB.

Two LBer made the all rookie team this year and they were both 6 rounders. After what saw yesterday especially the first half Edmunds can clean out his locker anytime.

Anyone that wants to tell me differently, which the first half, he was HORRIBLE!

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-23-2023, 06:39 PM
Two LBer made the all rookie team this year and they were both 6 rounders. After what saw yesterday especially the first half Edmunds can clean out his locker anytime.

Anyone that wants to tell me differently, which the first half, he was HORRIBLE!

Poyer and edmunds lost money yesterday with the way they played

Lexwhat
01-23-2023, 08:07 PM

Edmunds played terrible yesterday, but overall he had a very good year. The game plan yesterday did not put our players in any position to succeed, and the Bengals are laughing all the way to KC thinking about it.

My point was that Edmunds is such a key part of this Defensive scheme, and since Frazier seemingly refused to run anything different - I am not sure Edmunds is replaceable on such short notice.

So if Edmunds goes - the Defensive scheme IMO needs to be overhauled for 2023. I hope it’s the end of Frazier.

kgun12
01-23-2023, 08:41 PM
Poyer and edmunds lost money yesterday with the way they played

They sure did!

kgun12
01-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Edmunds played terrible yesterday, but overall he had a very good year. The game plan yesterday did not put our players in any position to succeed, and the Bengals are laughing all the way to KC thinking about it.

My point was that Edmunds is such a key part of this Defensive scheme, and since Frazier seemingly refused to run anything different - I am not sure Edmunds is replaceable on such short notice.

So if Edmunds goes - the Defensive scheme IMO needs to be overhauled for 2023. I hope it’s the end of Frazier.

Just pick any game and focus on Edmunds, he’s fine most of the time in pass cover, I think he’s a huge liability in the run game. We just can pay the kind of money he’ll demand for his lack of run defense.