PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller: Our window is still open

Woodman
01-23-2023, 01:09 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/23/von-miller-our-window-is-still-open/

“Just because we lost to the Bengals, it doesn’t diminish the type of team that we know we have. It doesn’t diminish our team in this league,” Miller said. “We have a really good team. Our window is still open and brighter days are definitely ahead for us.”

Miller was a difference-maker on defense when he was healthy. He had 8.0 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, and 12 quarterback hits for Buffalo. He also recorded a pair of passes defensed and a forced fumble.

Miller has a significant road to recovery ahead with the second ACL tear of his career. He previously went through the process in 2013 entering the 2014 season.

He noted he’s six weeks from his surgery and he’s walking around and working out. But he’ll need another six-to-seven weeks to start running. But his recovery is likely going to take around nine months, though Miller said he’s hopeful he can shorten that window to six or seven months.

sahlensguy
01-23-2023, 01:20 PM
The Von Miller Era- it was good while it lasted...

notacon
01-23-2023, 01:48 PM
Gee...who to think is more credible????? Von Miller, or the sourpusses here that know a lot less about football than they think they do.

Von Miller has forgotten more about football than any poster here, and probably more than all the posters here put together.

sukie
01-23-2023, 02:09 PM
Right. I agree with him. We have a really good team (that loses to better teams)
Brighter days ahead is speculation but winning the first game next season will be a brighter day than today so He probably is correct and yesterdays thud with the wet fart noise was better than the 13 seconds so that’s a good thing.

Von is spot on.

Mace
01-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Well, I wouldn't really expect him to come out and say "Yeah, we're going to decline, but I'll come back to ride it out with you guys."

Of course they're all going to say the window is still open and next year !

I dunno. Yay ? Meh. At least get to one, yeah ?

Buffalogic
01-23-2023, 04:36 PM
Gee...who to think is more credible????? Von Miller, or the sourpusses here that know a lot less about football than they think they do.

Von Miller has forgotten more about football than any poster here, and probably more than all the posters here put together.What a goofy ass post.

kgun12
01-23-2023, 04:44 PM

Von Miller has forgotten more about football than any poster here, and probably more than all the posters here put together.

Oh I would say they’re is one poster here that knows as much or maybe even more than Von!

notacon
01-23-2023, 05:01 PM
Oh I would say they’re is one poster here that knows as much or maybe even more than Von!

Nope. No one.

To whom are you referring to?

notacon
01-23-2023, 05:04 PM
More on what Von Miller said (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/23/von-miller-our-window-is-still-open/)....and this does NOT smack of blowing smoke up the media’s butt....

Now that the Bills have been eliminated from the postseason, Miller — who signed a six-year contract with Buffalo last March — said he’s looking forward to running it back with his coaches and teammates in 2023.

“My message to the guys was, as competitors, whenever you lose, you go back to the drawing board and you say, ‘Oh I’ve gotta make some changes, I’ve got to do this, I’ve got to do that, I’ve got to work harder,’” Miller said in his press conference. “You should always debrief. But I honestly feel like we’re in a unique spot. We’ve got a great football team. We’ve got great coaches. We’ve got great staff, great players. Sometimes, more isn’t always the answer. Sometimes you’ve just got to keep playing. Sometimes you’ve got to line back up, give us another year, and just go through it again.

“We lost four games — we lost four games this whole entire year. Four games out of the 19 games that we played? And we lost four of those games. We had a great season. We had a great year (https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1jMJgLrwzrkxL).”

Miller added that he signed with the Bills to have multiple shots at winning a Super Bowl and he thinks Buffalo is still fully capable of accomplishing that goal.

YardRat
01-23-2023, 08:04 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/23/von-miller-our-window-is-still-open/

“Just because we lost to the Bengals, it doesn’t diminish the type of team that we know we have. It doesn’t diminish our team in this league,” Miller said. “We have a really good team. Our window is still open and brighter days are definitely ahead for us.”

Yeah, it does diminish them. It's a two team conference, not three.

OpIv37
01-23-2023, 08:17 PM

Von Miller does know more about football than anyone here. But, athletes who doubt themselves or their team are rarely successful. And, he has to think about the morale of his teammates before talking **** to the media.

Posters here can be critical without repercussions. Cincy owns us. It wasn’t close. And, while we beat KC in the reg season, we are still 0-2 against them in the playoffs. The Jags are only a few players away from being really good. The Fish beat us once and played us tough all 3 times, and probably would have won if they were healthy.

And beyond all of that, so much can go wrong. The Fish could have a great offseason and take the division from us. Allen could get hurt, or we could suffer a rash of injuries on the OL. The D is not nearly ready to compete with Cincy, and we are likely to lose Poyer and/or Edmunds in the offseason. There’s no guarantee that we even get another shot.

Woodman
01-24-2023, 07:43 AM
And beyond all of that, so much can go wrong.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yop62wQH498" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>