PDA

View Full Version : Who starts at both safety positions?

Sennsai
09-03-2003, 06:57 PM
From my understanding, LM has played both FS and SS. He will need sometime to pick up the D, but I'm sure he's going to play probably 75% of the plays on Sunday.
With that said, what is our Safety starting lineup on Sunday?

SS- Wire
FS- Milloy

or
SS- Milloy
FS- Prioleau
:scratch:

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 07:02 PM
I'd like to see Wire play, but I haver my doubts he will.

LtBillsFan66
09-03-2003, 07:04 PM
SS- Wire
FS- Milloy

Wasn't Milloy going to play FS for the Pats this year?

ryven
09-03-2003, 07:10 PM
wire,milloy

BillsMan80
09-03-2003, 07:31 PM
If Lawyer can play FS, I'd say put him there, because I think Wire's gonna be real good, but I would not be disappointed if Lawyer played over Wire, because possibly Coy could learn to play FS in the meantime, or he could learn more and get some more seasoning in coverage.

The_Philster
09-03-2003, 08:59 PM
SS-Wire
FS-Milloy

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 10:38 PM
i was thinking the same thing.

i really doubt that wire is FS material.. but wire was our best safety, so we need to get our best players on the field..

i just dont know what alignment it is gonna be..

it would have been too perfect for milloy to be a FS.. has anyone seen any articles on this? the only thing i have seen is this..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/football/nfl/09/03/milloy.bills/index.html
Wire welcomed the chance of the Bills landing Milloy, even if it meant Wire losing his starting job.

"Any time you can have a guy like that come in and help your defense, you're excited about it," Wire said. "This is a team game."

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 10:40 PM
anyone know what kind of 40 times that milloy runs? i have seen varying opinions on where he can move to fs..

but i have also seen several things about how NE runs their safety position.. saying that the FS and SS spots are interchangable.

lordofgun
09-03-2003, 11:57 PM
I really hope we can find a way to get Wire and Milloy out there together.

Tatonka
09-04-2003, 12:25 AM
that is the main thing that i am worried about.. i am gonna be pissed seeing wire on the bench..

The_Philster
09-04-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that is the main thing that i am worried about.. i am gonna be pissed seeing wire on the bench..

You think you'd be pissed...think about shelby. ;)

Aero II
09-04-2003, 06:02 AM
Just put sone extra padding on top of Coy's helmet, then he'll look like a FS

Throne Logic
09-04-2003, 06:12 AM
If Milloy ends up playing 75% of the defensive snaps on Sunday, we are in trouble. There is NO WAY he can pick up this defense in two days well enough to not make mistakes. Especially, if he is supposed to learn the FS position, whereas he's been playing more of a strong the past number of years.

Just not smart. BB will eat us alive.

indianabillsfan
09-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Interesting point about NE's safeties, Tatonka. I have heard the same thing about how Gregg Williams and Jerry Gray like to use the safeties interchangeably. The good news is that Prioleau, Reese, and Milloy all have experience at both safety spots. Also, if the Bills' safeties are interchangeable, then I guess Wire has technically played free safety in addition to his listed position of strong safety.