PDA

View Full Version : Bills Fire Safety Coach

BuffaloBlitz83
01-26-2023, 09:13 AM
Bills safeties coach Jim Salgado was fired today, a source told ESPN.

Salgado has been on Sean McDermott's staff since 2017. From 2020-21, he was the team's nickels coach. He moved to safeties this year.

Hopefully more to follow.

sahlensguy
01-26-2023, 09:17 AM
Lol

sukie
01-26-2023, 09:18 AM
I was just saying to a friend the other day “Ya know, the Bills would have beaten the Bengals had the safeties been better coached.” He thought I was an idiot. This’ll show him.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-26-2023, 09:21 AM
Unfortunately optics is a scapegoat for keeping Leslie but firing someone on staff

Forward_Lateral
01-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Hopefully the first of many

Novacane
01-26-2023, 09:42 AM
Told you McDermott would throw someone under the bus and proceed as he always has. I didn't even know Jim Salgado was our safety coach but he's the reason our defense sucked? Go to hell McDermott.

Novacane
01-26-2023, 09:43 AM
He probably told McD we need to run a more attacking defense. Can't have that. You're outta here.

OpIv37
01-26-2023, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately optics is a scapegoat for keeping Leslie but firing someone on staff

I had the exact same thought.

Novacane
01-26-2023, 09:47 AM

He must think we're stupid.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-26-2023, 09:58 AM

I always wondered how much power/authority a CB/Safety/LB coach has on a team. Isn't the impact more from the DC. Do some teams get more results from these position coaches?

Woodman
01-26-2023, 10:12 AM
That's like firing a parking lot attendant if you had one.

kgun12
01-26-2023, 10:28 AM

That’s all we needed, SB Champs next year, it’s a lock!

Typ0
01-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Same old tired stale bull**** from McDermott.

Trust the process to get yourself further submersed in tired stale bull****.

sukie
01-26-2023, 12:30 PM
The coach had to go. He was responsible for Hyde’s neck injury… always yelling “Heads up” as a joke. He would do the pointing upwards “hey what’s that?” While he grabbed Hyde’s burrito.

Burrito was a euphemism. A cancer on the staff.

Canadian'eh!
01-26-2023, 12:51 PM
There’s a Super Bowl winning move right there.

Mad Max
01-26-2023, 01:20 PM
The lamb. It has been sacrificed.

this likely means McDermott’s dumbass is keeping Frazier (unless some bugger dumbass team owner hires him away from us)

Goobylal
01-26-2023, 01:36 PM
Frazier's contract is up. He's not coming back.

Mad Max
01-26-2023, 01:56 PM

Let’s hope you’re right.

Typ0
01-26-2023, 02:15 PM

If that is the case seems to me you are firing the whole defensive staff or waiting for the next DC hire to see what they would like to do. But firing one guy? Maybe he's hitting on Beane's wife or something ...

ParanoidAndroid
01-26-2023, 02:22 PM
This forum sometimes...

We're a week into the off-season.

"Nothing less than everybody getting fired yesterday will convince me we are doing anything."

:opiv:

Mace
01-26-2023, 03:01 PM
If that is the case seems to me you are firing the whole defensive staff or waiting for the next DC hire to see what they would like to do. But firing one guy? Maybe he's hitting on Beane's wife or something ...

McDermott ...."See, Brandon, I told you I can be decisive ! I fired a guy !"

kingJofNYC
01-26-2023, 03:32 PM
Told you McDermott would throw someone under the bus and proceed as he always has. I didn't even know Jim Salgado was our safety coach but he's the reason our defense sucked? Go to hell McDermott.

I knew of him, because McD and the players brought up his name in multiple interview for doing a good job.....guess it wasn't that good.

Honestly, good luck to the man, he probably did a good job, not sure if this sets up a move to bring in a certain Panthers ex-DC. Bring in Wilks as an assistant coach, secondary, and have one of his guys waiting in the wings if he needs to pull the trigger on Leslie.

Historian
01-26-2023, 04:20 PM
I have no idea who he is, but I find it hard to believe he had anything to do with all the injuries in the secondary.

If you wanna fire someone, fire the strength and conditioning coach, lol.

sukie
01-26-2023, 06:00 PM

Link please

YardRat
01-26-2023, 06:19 PM
Even a journey of a 1000 miles has to start with one first step...

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-26-2023, 06:46 PM
What a lame scapegoat

DraftBoy
01-26-2023, 09:07 PM

Well yeah, I would imagine all coaches and GM’s think the fans are stupid.

Novacane
01-26-2023, 09:20 PM

He can think what he wants. He knows more football than I could even think of knowing but I have common sense which I'm not sure a lot of NFL coaches do. They'll keep doing it their way no matter how many times it fails.

DraftBoy
01-26-2023, 09:22 PM
He can think what he wants. He knows more football than I could even think of knowing but I have common sense which I'm not sure a lot of NFL coaches do. They'll keep doing it their way no matter how many times it fails.

They will definitely do that.

YardRat
01-27-2023, 05:41 AM

Fortunately they are just speculating about the fans, while the fans have actual evidence to back up some of the staff is stupid.

Canadian'eh!
01-27-2023, 07:31 AM
This forum sometimes...

"Nothing less than everybody getting fired yesterday will convince me we are doing anything."

The teams are making their moves now. If you want to hire a new DC, you probably better get on it. Otherwise you’ll miss out in the top candidates.

I fully expect Frazier will be back with a new contract.

Canadian'eh!
01-27-2023, 07:33 AM
Plus, the choice to blame the safeties coach, with Hyde out, Poyer a walking medical clinic and Hamlin nearly dying is pretty rich.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-27-2023, 07:49 AM
Plus, the choice to blame the safeties coach, with Hyde out, Poyer a walking medical clinic and Hamlin nearly dying is pretty rich.
Exactly

pretty sure he didn’t make these lame game plans for the defense

just executed what frazier asked

Novacane
01-27-2023, 07:52 AM

I doubt it's actually about blaming him. I bet there was some kind of disagreement between McD and Salgado. I'd hope Salgado stood up to him and told him his pussy defense is not putting the safeties in the best position to succeed.

Novacane
01-27-2023, 07:56 AM
This forum sometimes...

If they were going to make any significant coaching changes they'd have done it by now. Status quo. Blame in on the Hyde and Miller injuries. Come back next year and hope everyone stays healthy to prove McFraz defense can stop Burrow/Mahomes in the playoffs.

CommissarSpartacus
01-27-2023, 08:08 AM
Exactly

pretty sure he didn’t make these lame game plans for the defense

just executed what frazier asked

And McD had to sign off on it.

Don't forget, he was a DC.

Typ0
01-27-2023, 09:03 AM
I doubt it's actually about blaming him. I bet there was some kind of disagreement between McD and Salgado. I'd hope Salgado stood up to him and told him his pussy defense is not putting the safeties in the best position to succeed.

This sounds about right. He's not a yes guy wanting to do the same lame ass **** over and over again ... so McDermott fired him.

kgun12
01-27-2023, 10:38 AM
I have no idea who he is, but I find it hard to believe he had anything to do with all the injuries in the secondary.

If you wanna fire someone, fire the strength and conditioning coach, lol.

I agree, I find it fun that the position coach that had the most injuries gets the axe, lol!

Typ0
01-27-2023, 10:55 AM
I agree, I find it fun that the position coach that had the most injuries gets the axe, lol!

We will still be gifting first downs next season to stop them from going over the top. Our defense is fools gold.

kgun12
01-27-2023, 11:08 AM
We will still be gifting first downs next season to stop them from going over the top. Our defense is fools gold.

I don’t have any stats to back this up, but I think the defense was better on third and short and fourth and short than they were on third and more than 10. Put the other team in a 3rd and more the 15 and they had this defense right were the wanted us.

Typ0
01-27-2023, 11:17 AM
I don’t have any stats to back this up, but I think the defense was better on third and short and fourth and short than they were on third and more than 10. Put the other team in a 3rd and more the 15 and they had this defense right were the wanted us.

I don't know about the stats either man .... I just know every game we lose in the playoffs our defenders spend time in prevent on the wrong side of the sticks when they should be up contesting and causing disruption for the QB. We play soft and the QB can just letter rip beating any kind of potential pressure we might get. It's ****ing pathetic and unacceptable yet they do it all the time! Our coaches are good. They also are enemies of themselves and don't realize it and they don't know how to mentor young people about crippling themselves either. They just think the growth mindset is going to correct everything for them so they don't intervene in ways it is really required to be successful. No longer a fan of this bull**** it's time for change we are not headed down the right path and when you are headed down the wrong path consistency is just going to consistently head you down the wrong path.

Novacane
02-02-2023, 01:50 PM
See we hired our new safties coach. All is well with our coaching staff now. The weak link has been fixed.

Woodman
02-02-2023, 02:35 PM
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/2/2/23583068/joe-danna-buffalo-bills-safeties-hired-sean-mcdermott-leslie-frazier

Buffalo Bills name Joe Danna new safeties coach

OpIv37
02-02-2023, 02:36 PM
There's no way they fire Frazier now. If they were going to replace him, they'd wait for the new DC to be hired so he could have had input on the safeties coach.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-02-2023, 02:37 PM
There's no way they fire Frazier now. If they were going to replace him, they'd wait for the new DC to be hired so he could have had input on the safeties coach.

Sadly, I believe you are 100 percent correct

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-02-2023, 02:38 PM
See we hired our new safties coach. All is well with our coaching staff now. The weak link has been fixed.
Agreed
the guy who led the most injured unit on the team this season was definitely responsible

what a lame scapegoat he was

Mace
02-02-2023, 03:28 PM
Joe Danna, fresh from Lovie Smith's Tampa-2. Might as well wheel Lovie in here.

Typ0
02-02-2023, 03:58 PM
Does anyone really believe this is the change the defense needs? I have some land in Florida for sale...

sahlensguy
02-02-2023, 04:11 PM
Joe Danna, fresh from Lovie Smith's Tampa-2. Might as well wheel Lovie in here.

It's all the same, only the names will change
Every day, it seems we're wastin' away

Mace
02-02-2023, 04:19 PM
I can see Lovie Smith belting out that tune in a roadhouse, with a tremendous audience response.

Mace
02-02-2023, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I think I've lost my sense of hoping this gets better.

sahlensguy
02-02-2023, 04:27 PM
I can see Lovie Smith belting out that tune in a roadhouse, with a tremendous audience response.

Haha, yeah!

And I walk these streets, a loaded six-string on my back
I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back

If only McD...

Who'd be clapping along.

Novacane
02-02-2023, 04:28 PM

Yep. Status quo.

Novacane
02-02-2023, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I think I've lost my sense of hoping this gets better.

They may as well just load up on offense and hope they never have to punt in the post season. McD is never going to change course on D. It will eventually be his undoing. He's lucky he has Josh Allen. He'd be a secondary coach somewhere if they hadn't hit on Josh.

Novacane
02-02-2023, 04:33 PM
Does anyone really believe this is the change the defense needs? I have some land in Florida for sale...

:bf1: believes it and he's the only one who matters. Refuses to look in the mirror. I'm resigned to just being good but never being good enough as long as he's our coach. It's up to Josh to have a postseason for the ages 1 year and carry this team to a SB. Otherwise it's never going to happen.

sahlensguy
02-02-2023, 04:45 PM
He probably told McD we need to run a more attacking defense. Can't have that. You're outta here.

Yep. Was probably a dissenter.

Mace
02-02-2023, 06:02 PM
They may as well just load up on offense and hope they never have to punt in the post season. McD is never going to change course on D. It will eventually be his undoing. He's lucky he has Josh Allen. He'd be a secondary coach somewhere if they hadn't hit on Josh.

Have this sick feeling they're running out of luck with Allen and he'll wreck a knee or his throwing arm on some designed run. It all falls apart then.

sahlensguy
02-02-2023, 06:13 PM
Have this sick feeling they're running out of luck with Allen and he'll wreck a knee or his throwing arm on some designed run. It all falls apart then.

Should have always been the plan: spend capitol on ground game and to protect Allen. Everything falls into place after that.

Time will catch up with them until they do. And when it does, then what will we have left?

Just a gross mismanagement of resources...

kgun12
02-02-2023, 07:25 PM

I don’t believe this will change the defense needs, but where is this land in Florida located? I would love to play golf this time of year!

Mace
02-02-2023, 07:33 PM
Should have always been the plan: spend capitol on ground game and to protect Allen. Everything falls into place after that.

Time will catch up with them until they do. And when it does, then what will we have left?

Just a gross mismanagement of resources...

....and McDermott calling it a learning experience.

sukie
02-02-2023, 08:27 PM
Safety coach? Is that the guy that teaches proper use of a fire extinguisher with PASS (pull aim squeeze sweep - which sounds like how to pee in a toilet after someone hurled)

Safeties Coach… that sounds better.

sahlensguy
02-02-2023, 10:12 PM
Safety coach? Is that the guy that teaches proper use of a fire extinguisher with PASS (pull aim squeeze sweep - which sounds like how to pee in a toilet after someone hurled)

Safeties Coach… that sounds better.

And to think his job was safe. Shame...

Woodman
02-06-2023, 11:34 AM
I hear "One less bell to answer"

Marilyn McCoo