PDA

View Full Version : How Bad Are Things in Pittsburgh???

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 07:21 PM
They just claimed Erik Flowers off waivers.

RedEyE
09-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Joey Porter is going to be out of comission for a while. :lol:

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 07:24 PM
I think Joey Porter with a bullet in his ass is better than Flowers off waivers...but that's just the opinion of a guy who really believed Flowers would blossom, and never saw it happen.

ArcticWildMan
09-03-2003, 07:27 PM
LOL!!! The Texans cut him as well?

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 07:31 PM
I believe they unloaded him yesterday or the day before.

ublinkwescore
09-03-2003, 07:32 PM
John Butler sucked.

BillyT92679
09-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
John Butler sucked.

His cap mismanagement did hurt the Bills, but he, for the most part, was a fine GM. It's sad that he has passed on.

ublinkwescore
09-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I agree, for the most part he was good at evaluating talent - if Ryan Leaf would have fallen to us in his draft class by some miracle, we probably would have taken him - any team probably would have. But he just didn't have the gall to do what TD did (and a lot of teams out there need to seriously consider) - gut this team and start over from scratch, and get a grip on the cap. I bet TD is hoping and praying that we see the Steelers in the playoffs - in fact, I bet he's counting on it - it was probably in his master plan somewhere, and soon he's gonna get the last laugh in a game that means a hell of a lot more then our last meeting in our 3-13 season.

helmetguy
09-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I bet TD is hoping and praying that we see the Steelers in the playoffs - in fact, I bet he's counting on it - it was probably in his master plan somewhere, and soon he's gonna get the last laugh in a game that means a hell of a lot more then our last meeting in our 3-13 season.

We just might see Pussburgh in the playoffs, considering that Baltimore is the only competition they have in their division! TD's departure from Pussburgh was purely $$$. Canning Cowher woulda still cost Rooney about six million. Canning TD didn't cost him a dime. Even bad coaches can get decent results against weak competition if he has the horses. Cowher's last couple of years bare that out. TD got him the horses year after year but, when the chips were REALLY on the table Cowher folded his hand!

LABillzFan
09-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679

His cap mismanagement did hurt the Bills, but he, for the most part, was a fine GM. It's sad that he has passed on.

Hey Billy, I just happen to be in San Diego the day of his Memorial Service. It was incredible. Speakers included Marv Levy, Chris Berman and Marcellus Wiley. And there were only about 150 of us in the church.

The_Philster
09-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by LABillzFan
They just claimed Erik Flowers off waivers.

:lol: This should be interesting to watch.