• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Brandon Beane on Josh Allen

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said recently that the only thing he'd criticize quarterback Josh Allen about is the amount of hits he takes on the field, but that's not the only area where he sees room for improvement in 2023.

We have to look at why red zone turnovers happened!!!

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said recently that the only thing he’d criticize quarterback Josh Allen about is the amount of hits he takes on the field, but that’s not the only area where he sees room for improvement in 2023.

During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Beane discussed Allen’s season and said he thought it was a strong one in general for the quarterback. One exception involved interceptions in the end zone, however.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brandon Beane on Josh Allen

While I agree the RZ interceptions are a problem it seems like McD and Beane are shifting blame to everyone but themselves. Who drafted all these big men who have bombed?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      While I agree the RZ interceptions are a problem it seems like McD and Beane are shifting blame to everyone but themselves. Who drafted all these big men who have bombed?
      I agree. I think a lot of the INT's were hero ball, with Josh trying to do everything else himself. But why was he doing that? Well, he and Diggs were the only ones performing on offense. He's running for his life because the OL didn't block and he's throwing to a guy who isn't really open because no one got open. It's easy to give the ball away under those circumstances.

He still needs to make better decisions with the ball, but sometimes it feels like Beane and the coaches rely too much on Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things, so they don't put the talent around him that he needs or scheme as much as they should.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Hey Beane, build and quality offensive line and Josh won’t have to take all those hits!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Allen plays hero ball because he is capable of it and because the team that Beane surrounded him with needs him to.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

Get the kid an OL

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Beane hedged his bet with Allen. Instead of going all in to surround potentially the best player in franchise history, and the one player who can win you a title with top resources, he Instead spent that capitol on the defense.

Worse yet, the defense still sucks.

Poor talent evaluator and poor roster builder.

He sucks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I wouldn't blame the OL. I'm looking at the OC. Josh went from knowing where he was going with the ball before he snapped the ball last year (just like Burrow) to being a reactionary qb who held on to the ball too long because receivers werent getting open. He's been directing receivers where to run quite often this year after the ball has been snapped. Cook, Hines, Beasely, Brown , Crowder became a waste of time under Dorsey. Dorsey needs to go back to Dabolls schemes for the short game.
                Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-03-2023, 03:06 PM.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I agree. I think a lot of the INT's were hero ball, with Josh trying to do everything else himself. But why was he doing that? Well, he and Diggs were the only ones performing on offense. He's running for his life because the OL didn't block and he's throwing to a guy who isn't really open because no one got open. It's easy to give the ball away under those circumstance.
                  Which ones were hero ball vs crap passes, crap attempts at catching?

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Most of those were just bad decisions throwing into coverage. I don't know why when Josh throws those it is hero ball but when other guys do it was just a bad decision.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Most of those were just bad decisions throwing into coverage. I don't know why when Josh throws those it is hero ball but when other guys do it was just a bad decision.
                      This is my opinion and obviously I can't prove it: I think that when other players are playing poorly, he feels pressure to do everything himself so he takes chances that he doesn't take when things are going better.

He doesn't throw into double coverage when we're up by two scores. But when the O goes 3 and out on the first two drives and the D gives up touchdowns, suddenly he's making bad decisions because he's trying to force something happen.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        This is my opinion and obviously I can't prove it: I think that when other players are playing poorly, he feels pressure to do everything himself so he takes chances that he doesn't take when things are going better.

He doesn't throw into double coverage when we're up by two scores. But when the O goes 3 and out on the first two drives and the D gives up touchdowns, suddenly he's making bad decisions because he's trying to force something happen.
                        Almost every interception I just posted the Bills either had the lead or the game was tied.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Hero ball is a bad decision

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

The red zone play selection at times was terrible. Josh’s decision making in the red zone, at times, was terrible. Penalties in the red zone were terrible.

All of those lead to turnovers

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

He's going to keep taking hits because they keep running him and letting him run, and they're running out of luck in him not getting hurt. You can't tell the guy not to take so many hits when he's your fullback on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X