We Have a Chance to Clean Out some Flotsam and Build Right, Will We?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gibby 2.0
    Did you ever hear about the healing power of laughter?
    • Oct 2019

We Have a Chance to Clean Out some Flotsam and Build Right, Will We?

I really hope Mssrs. Beane, McDermott, and Dorsey took notes tonight because I saw a blueprint for success by both Philly and KC.

First, BUILD A ****ING O-LINE. Buh buh dyauh derp Allen only gets hurt in the pocket. . . . Stop ****ing lying to me, his biggest injuries all been on designed runs when he is outside the ****ing pocket. Give him a line so he isn't sacked 15 times in two ****ing games. That is unsustainable.

Second, Diggs is all world but Davis really showed this year that he is a third receiver at ****ing best. THE problem is OL, but you need to get Josh a legit 2nd receiver.

Third, RUN THE ****ING BALL. Marv was right, to win you run and stop the run, nothing has ****ing changed. The Iggles and Chefs both have credible running backs that open up a lot of their passing games. That one is especially to you Kenny Doorknob. RUN THE ****ING FOOTBALL, build it in to your offensive game plan.

Fourth, Restructure Miller, and see if you can trade Oliver, let Edmunds and Poyer go.

That is all, don't disappoint me in the draft. You do and that loud booing you hear at KC's Union Station during the draft will be me.

Yes, this team is going to be taking a step back next year but that is going to be a course correction that will lead to a championship if you make the right move and improve your scheme. For the love of God, don't **** this chance up.

Well like I said, I am done with this team and this league. . . . Until the Draft and this fall.
    Insert whimsical line here
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: We Have a Chance to Clean Out some Flotsam and Build Right, Will We?

I agree build the lines.

However I'm not sure where you get that he's been injured outside the pocket.

Someone posted a few days ago that KC oline wasn't much better than Buffalos.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I dunno. It seems they haven't so far so there's no real evidence they will moving forward.

It's kind of sad that there were two key players in last night's game that amateurs had the Bills drafting 1 and 2 and we could really use right now (Bolton and Humphrey), but the 'experts' chose to double-dip on d-ends instead.

Kansas City literally has a dynastic foundation built on drafted players that we passed on. And it isn't 'hindsight is 20/20' because Buffalo mock drafters had those players targeted before the picks were ever made.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Nothings going to change. They believe their way is the right way. Stubborn sob's

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I can see the Bills adding to WR, RB, LB, and DB. Just don’t see them doing much more than mid-tier FA’s at both lines right now.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

Kansas City literally has a dynastic foundation built on drafted players that we passed on. And it isn't 'hindsight is 20/20' because Buffalo mock drafters had those players targeted before the picks were ever made.
            So true so frustrating!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Bills could have prevented this KC machine if they did not trade away Mahomes.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                The key is he wasn't even on our radar.

Without knowing much about Mahomes at the time of the trade down ..... I still hated dropping down 17 spots ..... we made a bad trade.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post

Without knowing much about Mahomes at the time of the trade down ..... I still hated dropping down 17 spots ..... we made a bad trade.
                  The key is that the bills made a franchise altering trade (for two teams) that is still having repercussions. I doubt the Bills were not thinking about a QB upgrade when at the time they only had Tyrod.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

The Cap and it's imbalance is so crippling to most. Once the QB and a handful of others get the premier money, the rest of the roster is short term deals and cheap filler. All I can do as a fan is watch Beane navigate the upcoming off-season. Contract redo's to create room. Then making good decisions on filling out the roster.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                      Andy Reid’s offensive design make the quarterback what he is. Yes Mahomes does something’s but look at the two TD’s where both receivers were wide open, that play design not Mahomes. Look what happened when they took Kelce away in the second half, Shutter and Tonney (sp) took over. What happened when Cincinnati took Diggs away? Nothing because Dorsey made no adjustments.
                      I’ve said it before, put Josh in their offense and Pat in ours and the result is the same.
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                        Andy Reid’s offensive design make the quarterback what he is. Yes Mahomes does something’s but look at the two TD’s where both receivers were wide open, that play design not Mahomes. Look what happened when they took Kelce away in the second half, Shutter and Tonney (sp) took over. What happened when Cincinnati took Diggs away? Nothing because Dorsey made no adjustments.
                        I’ve said it before, put Josh in their offense and Pat in ours and the result is the same.
                        Dude, before one of the TDs Mahomes yelled Cover 0 even though the Eagles didnt show their hand. Only thing they might have tipped was the safety aligning a bit too close to Kelce given he was one high safety. Mahomes does more than something, yeah, he's well coached, but who scrambled to get them down in the redzone on that last drive. He's amazing in the pocket, pin point accuracy, he does it all. I won't dismiss what you said about plugging Josh into that team and having success, but lets be real, would the Bills have any issues with Pat @ QB, nope. Mahomes seems unstoppable at times because of Mahomes, we draft just to stop him, lol. This is the same mentality Bills fans had in the early aughts when Tom Brady came on the scene, he was the system guy. Nah, they are just that good and another Dynasty has risen.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Woodman View Post

This is false, he was definitely on the Bills radar and receipts are out there. Look up what Tyler Dunne has written about it, he's also had podcasts with former Bills personnel man Jim Monos about the topic. Terry ****ing loved Mahomes, our guys just got too cute with their ****ing grades and thought he'd be there, or Watson for that matter. The dreaded value crap strikes again. Why take him at 10 when we can do it in the 20s and get compensated....LOL.

The Bills were closer than anyone realizes to drafting Patrick Mahomes. Now, Josh Allen — a quarterback unlike any other — is the one who must deliver a Super Bowl to Buffalo. Can he?
                          Last edited by kingJofNYC; 02-13-2023, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Mahomes in Buffalo doesn’t win a trophy in and of itself.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              Mahomes in Buffalo doesn’t win a trophy in and of itself.
                              Josh probably 3 time champ if on KC.

Comment

Working...
                              X