PDA

View Full Version : We Have a Chance to Clean Out some Flotsam and Build Right, Will We?

Gibby 2.0
02-12-2023, 10:34 PM
I really hope Mssrs. Beane, McDermott, and Dorsey took notes tonight because I saw a blueprint for success by both Philly and KC.

First, BUILD A ****ING O-LINE. Buh buh dyauh derp Allen only gets hurt in the pocket. . . . Stop ****ing lying to me, his biggest injuries all been on designed runs when he is outside the ****ing pocket. Give him a line so he isn't sacked 15 times in two ****ing games. That is unsustainable.
Second, Diggs is all world but Davis really showed this year that he is a third receiver at ****ing best. THE problem is OL, but you need to get Josh a legit 2nd receiver.

Third, RUN THE ****ING BALL. Marv was right, to win you run and stop the run, nothing has ****ing changed. The Iggles and Chefs both have credible running backs that open up a lot of their passing games. That one is especially to you Kenny Doorknob. RUN THE ****ING FOOTBALL, build it in to your offensive game plan.

Fourth, Restructure Miller, and see if you can trade Oliver, let Edmunds and Poyer go.

That is all, don't disappoint me in the draft. You do and that loud booing you hear at KC's Union Station during the draft will be me.

Yes, this team is going to be taking a step back next year but that is going to be a course correction that will lead to a championship if you make the right move and improve your scheme. For the love of God, don't **** this chance up.

Well like I said, I am done with this team and this league. . . . Until the Draft and this fall.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2023, 05:06 AM
I agree build the lines.

However I'm not sure where you get that he's been injured outside the pocket.

Someone posted a few days ago that KC oline wasn't much better than Buffalos.

YardRat
02-13-2023, 05:31 AM
I dunno. It seems they haven't so far so there's no real evidence they will moving forward.

It's kind of sad that there were two key players in last night's game that amateurs had the Bills drafting 1 and 2 and we could really use right now (Bolton and Humphrey), but the 'experts' chose to double-dip on d-ends instead.

Kansas City literally has a dynastic foundation built on drafted players that we passed on. And it isn't 'hindsight is 20/20' because Buffalo mock drafters had those players targeted before the picks were ever made.

Novacane
02-13-2023, 06:53 AM
Nothings going to change. They believe their way is the right way. Stubborn sob's

DraftBoy
02-13-2023, 07:04 AM
I can see the Bills adding to WR, RB, LB, and DB. Just don’t see them doing much more than mid-tier FA’s at both lines right now.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 08:02 AM
Kansas City literally has a dynastic foundation built on drafted players that we passed on. And it isn't 'hindsight is 20/20' because Buffalo mock drafters had those players targeted before the picks were ever made.

So true so frustrating!!

EDS
02-13-2023, 08:25 AM
Bills could have prevented this KC machine if they did not trade away Mahomes.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 08:30 AM

The key is he wasn't even on our radar.

Without knowing much about Mahomes at the time of the trade down ..... I still hated dropping down 17 spots ..... we made a bad trade.

EDS
02-13-2023, 09:19 AM

Without knowing much about Mahomes at the time of the trade down ..... I still hated dropping down 17 spots ..... we made a bad trade.

The key is that the bills made a franchise altering trade (for two teams) that is still having repercussions. I doubt the Bills were not thinking about a QB upgrade when at the time they only had Tyrod.

Night Train
02-13-2023, 10:23 AM
The Cap and it's imbalance is so crippling to most. Once the QB and a handful of others get the premier money, the rest of the roster is short term deals and cheap filler. All I can do as a fan is watch Beane navigate the upcoming off-season. Contract redo's to create room. Then making good decisions on filling out the roster.

kgun12
02-13-2023, 10:26 AM

Andy Reid’s offensive design make the quarterback what he is. Yes Mahomes does something’s but look at the two TD’s where both receivers were wide open, that play design not Mahomes. Look what happened when they took Kelce away in the second half, Shutter and Tonney (sp) took over. What happened when Cincinnati took Diggs away? Nothing because Dorsey made no adjustments.
I’ve said it before, put Josh in their offense and Pat in ours and the result is the same.

kingJofNYC
02-13-2023, 10:34 AM
Andy Reid’s offensive design make the quarterback what he is. Yes Mahomes does something’s but look at the two TD’s where both receivers were wide open, that play design not Mahomes. Look what happened when they took Kelce away in the second half, Shutter and Tonney (sp) took over. What happened when Cincinnati took Diggs away? Nothing because Dorsey made no adjustments.
I’ve said it before, put Josh in their offense and Pat in ours and the result is the same.

Dude, before one of the TDs Mahomes yelled Cover 0 even though the Eagles didnt show their hand. Only thing they might have tipped was the safety aligning a bit too close to Kelce given he was one high safety. Mahomes does more than something, yeah, he's well coached, but who scrambled to get them down in the redzone on that last drive. He's amazing in the pocket, pin point accuracy, he does it all. I won't dismiss what you said about plugging Josh into that team and having success, but lets be real, would the Bills have any issues with Pat @ QB, nope. Mahomes seems unstoppable at times because of Mahomes, we draft just to stop him, lol. This is the same mentality Bills fans had in the early aughts when Tom Brady came on the scene, he was the system guy. Nah, they are just that good and another Dynasty has risen.

kingJofNYC
02-13-2023, 10:39 AM

This is false, he was definitely on the Bills radar and receipts are out there. Look up what Tyler Dunne has written about it, he's also had podcasts with former Bills personnel man Jim Monos about the topic. Terry ****ing loved Mahomes, our guys just got too cute with their ****ing grades and thought he'd be there, or Watson for that matter. The dreaded value crap strikes again. Why take him at 10 when we can do it in the 20s and get compensated....LOL.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-i-the-pressure-is-on-josh-allen

sukie
02-13-2023, 11:43 AM
Mahomes in Buffalo doesn’t win a trophy in and of itself.

TacklingDummy
02-13-2023, 12:08 PM

Josh probably 3 time champ if on KC.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 12:15 PM
100% true.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 12:16 PM
Josh probably 3 time champ if on KC.
I wouldn't bet against it.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 12:20 PM
This is false, he was definitely on the Bills radar and receipts are out there. Look up what Tyler Dunne has written about it, he's also had podcasts with former Bills personnel man Jim Monos about the topic. Terry ****ing loved Mahomes, our guys just got too cute with their ****ing grades and thought he'd be there, or Watson for that matter. The dreaded value crap strikes again. Why take him at 10 when we can do it in the 20s and get compensated....LOL.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-i-the-pressure-is-on-josh-allen

They didn't know enough or they were just stupid take your pick .... I'll stand by my statement.

If they loved him they'd have taken him period.

QB's that you LOVE DO NOT GROW ON TREES!

Turf
02-13-2023, 12:37 PM
Replace both coordinators. Also, they've tried to rebuild the lines through FA and drafting and have failed miserably especially letting Teller walk.

Saratoga Slim
02-13-2023, 12:52 PM

Josh is my guy. I'm not looking back at that trade. If we can't win a SB with Josh Allen, it's not because of our QB.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 12:54 PM
Josh is my guy. I'm not looking back at that trade. If we can't win a SB with Josh Allen, it's not because of our QB.
Josh Allen all the way.

notacon
02-13-2023, 02:06 PM

Sure he would have. This season, Mahomes could have had an undefeated season. Josh Allen’s glaring, boneheaded mistakes cost us every loss.

The kind of glaring boneheaded mistakes Mahomes hardly every makes.

Mahomes IS the difference as compared to every NFL team.

Josh Allen could (and I believe) WILL be that guy, when he gets his head out of his butt and reduces the stupid, boneheaded mistakes.

sukie
02-13-2023, 03:02 PM
Sure he would have. This season, Mahomes could have had an undefeated season. Josh Allen’s glaring, boneheaded mistakes cost us every loss.

Josh Allen could (and I believe) WILL be that guy, when he gets his head out of his butt and reduces the stupid, boneheaded mistakes.

WTF does could have had an undefeated season mean. He didn’t.

Mahomes has an offense built around and for him. Plays designed to his strengths.

Bills signed Diggs.

Mace
02-13-2023, 05:52 PM
We're heading into the 7th year of the program. It's about what it is and will be.

Gibby 2.0
02-13-2023, 06:00 PM

Didn't we beat Mahomes after he made a boneheaded decision?

Novacane
02-13-2023, 06:54 PM

He was on the radar. Terry Pegula wanted him badly. McD convinced him against it.

Novacane
02-13-2023, 06:56 PM

Josh kind of has the McD attitude. He plays the game his way and he's not going to change. They all need to self evaluate.

notacon
02-14-2023, 12:16 PM
WTF does could have had an undefeated season mean. He didn’t.

Mahomes has an offense built around and for him. Plays designed to his strengths.

Bills signed Diggs.
I meant an “undefeated season” as in 20-0 and a SB title.

Mahomes does not make glaring, stupid mistakes like Allen does. It is a fact.

Those glaring, stupid mistakes caused the Bills three regular season losses, and his below average play vs Cincy with a terrible offensive showing is what caused the Bills playoff loss.

As I have detailed several times, when a NFL team scores 10 or less points, they almost always LOSE.

KC has scored 10 or less points only ONCE in the five years Mahomes has been their QB. That was vs Tampa Bay when they LOST the Super Bowl, 31-9.

Bills have lost SIX games when Josh Allen has been at QB and they scored 10 or less points.

Allen has an offense but around him. Plays designed for his strengths.

The difference is that Allen has too many brain fart, glaring, stupid, boneheaded plays. Mahomes hardy ever does.

Again....Josh Allen could (and I believe) WILL be that guy, when he gets his head out of his butt and reduces the stupid, boneheaded mistakes.

notacon
02-14-2023, 12:30 PM
He was on the radar. Terry Pegula wanted him badly. McD convinced him against it.

I posted about this once based on Tyler Dunne’s amazing article (https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-i-the-pressure-is-on-josh-allen?s=w). It’s not that McD “convinced him otherwise” it was the mindset of Pegula to let the HC he hired decide the immediate (and long term) direction of the team. Just like skilled managers and owners are supposed to do when building a stellar organization.

McD wanted to go directly into a “we’re going to compete” mode, instead of “we are in rebuilding mode”...and they did his first year, ending the long dismal playoff drought. It was en effort to change the culture of the Bills, which was desperately needed....into a WIN organization.

Like any first round QB, there were ZERO guarantees that Mahomes would turn out like he did. Anyone who uses 20-20 hindsight is fooling themselves. Drafting Mahomes was a risk, like every 1st round QB is. He was not considered a “can't miss guy” at that time. And “can't miss guy” is usually only a 50-50 proposition that he will end up bing a “can't miss guy”.

Besides the fact that if the Bills did not trade with KC for the #10 pick that they used to pick Mahomes.....there is no reason to think they would not have gone to another suitor.

The REAL **** up was by Chicago, selecting Trubisky with the #2 overalll pick.

I have no problem with the Bills waiting a year, doing their due diligence and giving the new regime time to get their ducks in a row. And I have no issue with the Bills having Josh Allen as our QB instead of Mahomes.