PDA

View Full Version : Make new rules for pushing the pile.

Turf
02-13-2023, 08:59 AM
This new fad of the QB sneak with 2-3 lineman pushing the pile makes the game look like Rugby. They need to reel this in with some limitation of forward progress.

Historian
02-13-2023, 09:06 AM
Assisting the runner used to be a penalty.

These rugby scrums make the games look cartoonish.

imbondz
02-13-2023, 09:07 AM
Nah I like it. More rules they add the more crappy calls are made. No one knows what a catch is anymore because of all the stupid rules.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 09:11 AM
It was a human bulldozer out there :comedy:

Turf
02-13-2023, 09:21 AM
Assisting the runner used to be a penalty.

These rugby scrums make the games look cartoonish.

That's what I thought. When did they change it? I heard that pulling a guy is not allowed but I thought pushing wasn't either.

kgun12
02-13-2023, 09:46 AM
Nah I like it. More rules they add the more crappy calls are made. No one knows what a catch is anymore because of all the stupid rules.

I agree! Just like all the chatter after the Hamlin hit, there are so many rules on the books now that aren’t call or are so subjective that when it is called usually helps determine the outcome.

BTW, there was at least 5-6 times where the runner lowered his helmet and initiated contact with his helmet and not called.

Saratoga Slim
02-13-2023, 09:48 AM
My reaction to the Eagles bulldozing the pile: hey Bills, go get some linemen that can bulldoze a frigging pile

kgun12
02-13-2023, 10:00 AM
My reaction to the Eagles bulldozing the pile: hey Bills, go get some linemen that can bulldoze a frigging pile

Gotta give credit where it’s due, I believe the Bills started the trend with putting the TE in motion and snapping the ball as he got behind Josh to help push the pile.

Turf
02-13-2023, 10:19 AM
I agree! Just like all the chatter after the Hamlin hit, there are so many rules on the books now that aren’t call or are so subjective that when it is called usually helps determine the outcome.

BTW, there was at least 5-6 times where the runner lowered his helmet and initiated contact with his helmet and not called.

If you watch the ref warned Pacheko after his first run in the game.

Historian
02-13-2023, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry but that's not football.

Just like the play where JuJu (I think) was motioning to the sidelines that he didn't know the play....then they throw to him for a big gain.

That's not football, it's bull****.

Forward_Lateral
02-13-2023, 10:37 AM
I've said this all season. This offseason they will change that to it being illegal, as it should be. You shouldn't be able to assist a runner like that, it's football not rugby

kgun12
02-13-2023, 10:49 AM
If you watch the ref warned Pacheko after his first run in the game.

But they never called it did they? Besides I think that was because of his celebration.

kgun12
02-13-2023, 10:55 AM
I don’t like it either but for people to say we can learn from what Philly did is silly. I will say if it’s legal until they change it. It’s like a tax loophole, why wouldn’t you save money when you can.

Forward_Lateral
02-13-2023, 10:57 AM
I don’t like it either but for people to say we can learn from what Philly did is silly. I will say if it’s legal until they change it. It’s like a tax loophole, why wouldn’t you save money when you can.

Oh for sure, if they don't change it, then teams should keep doing it.

The Bills did it numerous times this year too.

Mr. Pink
02-13-2023, 11:16 AM
I think that this pushing runners into a pile should be taken out of the game. It's not football. It's basically a strongman competition using human beings as a bus or whatever.

Woodman
02-13-2023, 11:24 AM
Most teams use it now .... certainly the Eagles, Bills and 49er's come to mind.

YardRat
02-14-2023, 05:44 PM
I'm not opposed to going back to the old rule and getting rid of it, but I'd rather they cut down on the bush league ring-around-the-rosy bull**** from KC that doesn't even belong on a playground.

Bill Cody
02-15-2023, 02:51 PM
I hate it. Just one more thing to help the offense. Fourth and a half yard used to be a decision. Now it isn't. Get stuffed? Not for long

GET RID OF IT

Woodman
02-15-2023, 07:06 PM

Just like the play where JuJu (I think) was motioning to the sidelines that he didn't know the play....then they throw to him for a big gain.

JuJu is an *******.

Woodman
02-15-2023, 07:08 PM
Always a way of getting around it.

Line your DL behind your OL and charge.

No need to push the runner.

kgun12
02-16-2023, 12:38 PM

Wow, all the rules people want. What’s the difference between this and a flee flick, Statue of Liberty, going up tempo and not letting the defense sub, the wild cat?

I don’t like most of these examples, but there are too many rules now. Can’t hit the QB high or low unless he’s out of the pocket and roughing the passer is as subjective as pass interference or what a catch is, what is or isn’t targeting.
It’s getting harder and harder to enjoy a game with all the instant reply’s and discussion what was called when it was called and why isn’t was called.
Don’t even get me started on what is an excessive celebration and what isn’t or taunting or a defenseless player.

And the we have a thread just about how bad the officiating has become! :blowup:

notacon
02-16-2023, 01:12 PM
Wow, all the rules people want. What’s the difference between this and a flee flick, Statue of Liberty, going up tempo and not letting the defense sub, the wild cat?

I don’t like most of these examples, but there are too many rules now. Can’t hit the QB high or low unless he’s out of the pocket and roughing the passer is as subjective as pass interference or what a catch is, what is or isn’t targeting.
It’s getting harder and harder to enjoy a game with all the instant reply’s and discussion what was called when it was called and why isn’t was called.
Don’t even get me started on what is an excessive celebration and what isn’t or taunting or a defenseless player.

And the we have a thread just about how bad the officiating has become! :blowup:

SPOT ON!!!!!!

What also disgusts me is the incredibly stupid “taunting” penalties. What total bullcrap!!!!

Woodman
02-19-2023, 01:29 PM

Excellent!! :cheers:

Night Train
02-19-2023, 03:56 PM
The Tush Push is an Eagles staple. They'll just keep doing it and I don't blame them.

Woodman
02-19-2023, 06:42 PM
The Tush Push is an Eagles staple. They'll just keep doing it and I don't blame them.
Do it until the league bans it.