PDA

View Full Version : Top Teams, Sleepers and Dark Horses for 2023-24

Woodman
02-14-2023, 08:59 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10065336-super-bowl-lviii-odds-top-teams-sleepers-and-dark-horses-for-2023-2024-nfl-season?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editoria (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10065336-super-bowl-lviii-odds-top-teams-sleepers-and-dark-horses-for-2023-2024-nfl-season?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial)

The 2022-23 NFL season came to a close Sunday evening when the Kansas City Chiefs became Super Bowl LVII champions. While the Chiefs may still be celebrating their victory, it's not too early to start thinking about which team will be popping Champagne in the locker room this time next year.
Kansas City is obviously among the favorites and has a strong chance to defend its title, but it's worth remembering the NFL hasn't seen back-to-back champions since the New England Patriots accomplished the feat in 2003-04.

Woodman
02-14-2023, 09:01 AM
The Buffalo Bills may have stumbled in the playoffs, but the future is still bright in Western New York.

sukie
02-14-2023, 09:06 AM
Second favorite? Really?

Woodman
02-14-2023, 09:11 AM
Second favorite? Really?

:scratch: What happened to the Bengals?

Woodman
02-14-2023, 09:14 AM
AFC Super Bowl LVIII Odds
Kansas City Chiefs +600
Buffalo Bills +700
Cincinnati Bengals +900
Los Angeles Chargers +2200
Baltimore Ravens +2200
Jacksonville Jaguars +2800
New York Jets +2800
Miami Dolphins +3000
Denver Broncos +3000

Night Train
02-14-2023, 10:59 AM
Cowboys have been " a sleeper " for almost 30 years.

Or asleep. It's one of the 2.

The media will shove down everyones throat again, come September. It's like the swallows returning to Capistrano each year.

Woodman
02-14-2023, 11:00 AM
Cowboys have been " a sleeper " for almost 30 years.

Or asleep. It's one of the 2.

The media will shove down everyones throat again, come September. It's like the swallows returning to Capistrano each year.

How about them Cowboys!

Historian
02-14-2023, 11:32 AM
And the fish!

Don't forget the fish!

They haven't won anything since Nixon was President, but Gawd does the media love them.

Woodman
02-14-2023, 11:36 AM
And the fish!

Don't forget the fish!

They haven't won anything since Nixon was President, but Gawd does the media love them.

One of my very favorite teams to watch lose. :squish:

notacon
02-14-2023, 02:16 PM
It’s pretty simple. The teams with the best, most dynamic, elite QB’s are the most likely to win the conference and the SB.

KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Philly have to be considered the top contenders.

Most likely to be a “dark horse”.....Baltimore, LA Chargers, Jax, Chicago.

Miami could get into the discussion IF they get a QB. Tua is not that guy. He’ll be lucky to play a few more seasons....and may not last through 2023 before he is forced to retire.

Even the QB’s that may change teams are not in the same class as the top four.....Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts.

Lawrence is getting there, 2023 may be his coming of age season.....maybe Jackson (but I doubt it).....he is till a RB who can throw the ball, not a QB who can run...and he is now officially injury prone. Fields could explode if the Bears use their plethora of draft picks and cap dollars (they have the most in the NFL) to put some weapons around him.

Herbert is hampered by really crappy coaching. I suspect that Brandon Staley will be gone, either during or after the 2023 season...it’s surprising he was retained for 2023.

**** the Cowboys. Dak Prescott is not a top tier QB, and I’m not sure if he ever will be. NY Giants can make some noise, but they might be held back by Daniel Jones....he had a good year but he’s not even close to a top tier QB.

If Sean Payton can wring a good season or two from Russel Wilson, they could make some noise. What I am hoping for is that Denver gives KC some trouble and does not lay down and hand them two sure divisional wins every year like they have lately

Detroit is in the same position as the Giants. Ready to make some noise and probably make the playoffs next year, but Goff is not a top their QB and never will be.

Cleveland could also surprise, with their strong running game and viable defense. Watson is an ass hat scumbag, but he still could be can elite QB. I’ll believe it when I see it.

San Fran cannot be considered a “dark horse”. They are a solid “contender” but until they get their QB situation fully straighten out, they will be a question mark. Their defense was exposed by Philly in the playoffs.

I’ve mentioned several times that they did not face many of the AFC’s best teams....when they did for one game last year, vs KC, they got crushed 44-23.

YardRat
02-14-2023, 04:54 PM
We might not win the division this year, let alone a title.

sukie
02-14-2023, 05:25 PM
I don’t worry about winning the division . We went 13-3 could been 14-3 or 13-4 . Not bad prior to playoff thud.

Miami and Jets still have issues. Mac Jones… meh.

Night Train
02-14-2023, 05:30 PM

Woodman
02-14-2023, 05:56 PM
Yah we will.

Woodman
02-14-2023, 05:59 PM
I don’t worry about winning the division . We went 13-3 could been 14-3 or 13-4 . Not bad prior to playoff thud.

Bills 13-3
Dolphins 9-8
Pats 8-9
Jets 7-10

We own the East.

notacon
02-15-2023, 11:39 AM

:rofl: Yeah....and the Earth might blow up before the next season starts. :rolleyes:

There is no reason whatsoever to think that the Bills will not win the AFCE in 2023. Even before the off season moves of each team, it’s probably a 90% chance the Bills win the AFCE.

There is no reason whatsoever to think that the Bills do not have a clear chance to win a title in 2023.

Woodman
02-15-2023, 12:14 PM

Saratoga Slim
02-17-2023, 09:19 AM
If Aaron Rodgers goes to the Jets we may have a problem on our hands. They're pretty loaded with playmakers on offense, and the defense is right up there with the best.

The Fins are also an elite QB away from challenging. They could be better than last year, but I don't have faith in Tua to keep his head off the turf. And so far they seem committed to him in '23.

It's fun that I don't have to explain not including the Patriots here.

As of right now, in a league where elite QBs mostly dominate, the bottom line is we've got Josh and they all don't. Smart money is on the Bills to win the AFCE again.

sukie
02-17-2023, 09:33 AM
Fins sole limitation is a cavernous impediment to winning the division.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-17-2023, 08:31 PM
For me
dark horse In nfc are the lions

Woodman
02-18-2023, 11:22 AM
For me
dark horse In nfc are the lions

The Lions may finally ROAR ..... I agree!!