PDA

View Full Version : Couldnt feel that good if i was a chiefs fan, reminded me of a past bills gam

Cali512
02-15-2023, 05:28 AM
I wouldnt of cared if juju got the td, or if the eagles went 3 and out. But that ended up being one of the worst endings in sport's championship history because of that call. It totally took the air out of the game

A few years ago we were playing the rams in the 4th quarter. I believe it was 4th down, allen threw the ball to gabe davis that fell incomplete. They threw a similar holding penalty on the rams and that lead to our game winning td. Every time i see the highlights of that game, i get a pit in my stomach and even say to myself, we really didnt deserve that win

I couldnt imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan. The call was one that if it was never called, no one wouldve ever said anything about it, and it didnt really impact jujus route much at all. I still find it extremely interesting that the camera crew obviously ignored showing the eagles sideline after the play. Im not saying a conspiracy or anything, i just think the nfl knew it wasnt a good look and didnt want it emphasized by showing the eagles reacting to it. Even postgame they didnt show any eagles players

It was one of the least satisfying moments ive ever seen in a superbowl. It was like if a bmx rider was about to jump over 5 busses, then at the last second, turned to a tiny ramp and jumped over 5 hotwheels busses

YardRat
02-15-2023, 05:35 AM
The league is officially a WWE-level joke.

Forward_Lateral
02-15-2023, 05:45 AM
They won the superbowl. If I’m a Chiefs fan I couldn’t feel any better. Stop with this nonsense

Woodman
02-15-2023, 07:42 AM
I couldn't imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan.

But the reality is they do.

Most believe he scores the TD and they win by more ..... even with time on the clock.

That's the mindset of the fan.

Bill Cody
02-15-2023, 09:18 AM
lol at this thread

Al Davis said it back in the 70's: "Just win baby". And by that he meant, if you can get away with playing with a cast or delivering an extra forearm after the whistle or whatever you can get away with do it. Because in the end it's all about the W.
And whether you agree or not with his tactics, he was right, winning covers all sins. The memory of that ticky tack call will fade. What will remain is Patrick Mahomes winning his 2nd SB on a bad ankle. That's the narrative. Period, full stop. And if this was us no one would be worrying about a suspect call. No one. I would be popping tops at 8 am on the Wednesday after the game as most of us would. You suffer the bad calls against you and you feel nothing but elation when a call goes your way and you come out on top. To say otherwise to a band of Bills fans who have gone through decades of disappointment is naive in the extreme.

kgun12
02-15-2023, 11:14 AM
Here’s the opposite ending. They don’t call that penalty, KC makes or misses the FG. Philly has over two minutes left and goes down the field and kicks the FG to win the game or if KC makes the FG, Philly goes down and scores a TD. All the KC fans are *****ing that the penalty wasn’t called and everyone is saying the refs game Philly the win and it’s all fixed!

I’m not sure there was a right way to call this from the refs, NFL or the losing team point of view!

mightysimi
02-15-2023, 12:07 PM
Tons of respect for James Bradberry for owning up to holding him. He could have been whining like the fans but instead admitted to it. Huge respect for taking the sting out of listening to it for months until next year.

notacon
02-15-2023, 12:26 PM
I wouldnt of cared if juju got the td, or if the eagles went 3 and out. But that ended up being one of the worst endings in sport's championship history because of that call. It totally took the air out of the game

A few years ago we were playing the rams in the 4th quarter. I believe it was 4th down, allen threw the ball to gabe davis that fell incomplete. They threw a similar holding penalty on the rams and that lead to our game winning td. Every time i see the highlights of that game, i get a pit in my stomach and even say to myself, we really didnt deserve that win

I couldnt imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan. The call was one that if it was never called, no one wouldve ever said anything about it, and it didnt really impact jujus route much at all. I still find it extremely interesting that the camera crew obviously ignored showing the eagles sideline after the play. Im not saying a conspiracy or anything, i just think the nfl knew it wasnt a good look and didnt want it emphasized by showing the eagles reacting to it. Even postgame they didnt show any eagles players

It was one of the least satisfying moments ive ever seen in a superbowl. It was like if a bmx rider was about to jump over 5 busses, then at the last second, turned to a tiny ramp and jumped over 5 hotwheels busses
For ****s and giggles, I went back and watched that play (from 2020 season) on NFL+.

The call was not defensive holding. It was pass interference. And it was completely justified as the Rams defender was absolutely, without question, very much impeding Davis’ ability to get to the ball, after it was thrown. He was grabbing Davis’ shoulder pads and it is clear as day that Davis is pushing with all his might to get through the illegal impediment....and could not.

The defender finally lets go of Davis and holds up his hand like “I didn’t do anything wrong” as he nows he’s guilty as heels, got caught and is pleading ‘I was not trying to get a cookies as my hand is deep in the cookie jar'....as the ball is flying past the two players. It was a close call but 100% justified and accurate. The flag was thrown immediately.

The KC non-penalty, penalty, was not even CLOSE to obvious, was called by a ref who was 15 yards away on the goal line and it was literally impossible to see the back of JuJu where the alleged “hold” took place.

And instead of throwing the flag immediately (the moment the infraction was supposedly observed) and defensive holding calls are only in force before the pass is thrown....the flag was not thrown until the ball hit the ground in the end zone incomplete. It appeared that the ref was waiting to see what the outcome of the throw would be before he decided to throw the flag.

So....yeah....you are 100% correct that “...that ended up being one of the worst endings in sport's championship history because of that call. It totally took the air out of the game” but the comparison to the Bills win vs LA Rams is not even close to similar.

PLUS the glaring fact that the LA Rams game was in week 3, and NOT in the Super Bowl, at the end of the game that literally handed the win to KC.

That makes your premise that the “Couldn’t feel that good if I was a Chiefs fan” even MORE appropriate and 100% accurate.

It was a CHEAP, undeserved “win”. Terrible. Bad. ****ty.

YardRat
02-15-2023, 08:53 PM
Here’s the opposite ending. They don’t call that penalty, KC makes or misses the FG. Philly has over two minutes left and goes down the field and kicks the FG to win the game or if KC makes the FG, Philly goes down and scores a TD. All the KC fans are *****ing that the penalty wasn’t called and everyone is saying the refs game Philly the win and it’s all fixed!

I’m not sure there was a right way to call this from the refs, NFL or the losing team point of view!

Considering they hadn't called one all game, unless it was blatant they shouldn't have called it with 2 minutes left.

Gibby 2.0
02-15-2023, 09:29 PM
They won the superbowl. If I’m a Chiefs fan I couldn’t feel any better. Stop with this nonsense

Yeah, I think a million people didn't get the memo in this cowtown about having to feel bad.

kgun12
02-15-2023, 09:44 PM
Considering they hadn't called one all game, unless it was blatant they shouldn't have called it with 2 minutes left.

I agree, bull crap call just looking at the other side.

OpIv37
02-15-2023, 10:51 PM
I’ve been accused many times on this site about complaining about wins. The reason I criticize wins is because it’s a long season, and the flaws in wins have implications for the rest of the season.

But if it ever comes down to a SB, there is no “rest of the season”. It’s over. The winner gets the ring. Flaws? Ugliness? It doesn’t matter. The goal has been accomplished.

If the same thing that happened to the Chiefs had happened to the Bills,I wouldn’t give a flying ****. I’ve wanted a Bills championship for roughly 33 years. Its a strange feeling because I’ve never wanted anything for that long- with everything else, I either figured out how to get it or realized it doesn’t ****ing matter and stopped caring.

If we ever get ours, I’ll take it any way we cam get it, as long as we don’t cheat like the Patriots did.

DraftBoy
02-16-2023, 07:07 AM
I’ve been accused many times on this site about complaining about wins. The reason I criticize wins is because it’s a long season, and the flaws in wins have implications for the rest of the season.

But if it ever comes down to a SB, there is no “rest of the season”. It’s over. The winner gets the ring. Flaws? Ugliness? It doesn’t matter. The goal has been accomplished.

If the same thing that happened to the Chiefs had happened to the Bills,I wouldn’t give a flying ****. I’ve wanted a Bills championship for roughly 33 years. Its a strange feeling because I’ve never wanted anything for that long- with everything else, I either figured out how to get it or realized it doesn’t ****ing matter and stopped caring.

If we ever get ours, I’ll take it any way we cam get it, as long as we don’t cheat like the Patriots did.

I'd be curious to know how many people really care about that one Pats win. I mean as Bills fans we're inherently bias, but after all the hand wringing is done over it do people really see it as a cheating or care that much? I mean it's just a game, but as somebody who grew up playing sports and developed a love for the 'game' I think I agree with you.

Then again I think back to the old sports saying of "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" and remember this is just a game we're talking about.

So who knows.

Night Train
02-16-2023, 07:11 AM
I couldnt imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan.

You strain to make points that make no sense.

They won the freakin' SB. The fans are ecstatic.

Woodman
02-16-2023, 07:19 AM
Whatever happened to the bump and run.

And by bump I mean a blast.

cookie G
02-16-2023, 09:24 AM
lol at this thread

Al Davis said it back in the 70's: "Just win baby". And by that he meant, if you can get away with playing with a cast or delivering an extra forearm after the whistle or whatever you can get away with do it. Because in the end it's all about the W.
And whether you agree or not with his tactics, he was right, winning covers all sins. The memory of that ticky tack call will fade. What will remain is Patrick Mahomes winning his 2nd SB on a bad ankle. That's the narrative. Period, full stop. And if this was us no one would be worrying about a suspect call. No one. I would be popping tops at 8 am on the Wednesday after the game as most of us would. You suffer the bad calls against you and you feel nothing but elation when a call goes your way and you come out on top. To say otherwise to a band of Bills fans who have gone through decades of disappointment is naive in the extreme.

In terms of Chiefs fans...yeah, they don't care. A half million people showed for their parade yesterday. Anyone who brings up the call just think the rest of the world is jealous, or bitter.

In terms of how the game will be remembered...by the rest of the world...sorry, it will be remembered differently.
Super Bowls are often remembered through one play. Wide Right, obviously. One Yard Short. Pete Carroll calling a pass at the goal line. "The Call", "the Bogus Call" , "The Do Over", whatever. Call it what you wish.
Most won't remember Mahomes limping, like they did when Kurt Gibson hit a home on a bad ankle.

There's always going to be a * next to their win. The rest of the game will be overshadowed.

Bill Cody
02-16-2023, 09:58 AM
In terms of Chiefs fans...yeah, they don't care. A half million people showed for their parade yesterday. Anyone who brings up the call just think the rest of the world is jealous, or bitter.

In terms of how the game will be remembered...by the rest of the world...sorry, it will be remembered differently.
Super Bowls are often remembered through one play. Wide Right, obviously. One Yard Short. Pete Carroll calling a pass at the goal line. "The Call", "the Bogus Call" , "The Do Over", whatever. Call it what you wish.
Most won't remember Mahomes limping, like they did when Kurt Gibson hit a home on a bad ankle.

There's always going to be a * next to their win. The rest of the game will be overshadowed.

Nah. That's going too far. Especially when Bradberry admitted to holding him. I wouldn't have called it but this is a million miles from "wide right".

Woodman
02-16-2023, 10:01 AM
**** KC!

Ingtar33
02-16-2023, 10:11 AM
Every time i see the highlights of that game, i get a pit in my stomach and even say to myself, we really didnt deserve that win

You forget the bull**** INT they called (both Knox and the DB had possession when they hit the ground, that by rule is a catch. It doesn't matter who comes away with the ball on the ground); the series of bull**** penalties they called on our defense to keep the rams in the game.

No I never felt bad about that holding call... especially since it was holding/pass interference

The superbowl was a dull/boring game despite the final score because of the bad football played by both defenses, and most of the time by both offenses too. The only people who showed up for that game were both QBs, the chiefs Oline and Andy Reid, who really played on the Eagles defense's poor discipline and desire to overpersue to get a lot of insanely easy yards and points.

Jeff1220
02-16-2023, 12:55 PM
The call took a lot of the drama out of the game, but it was the right call to make. Here's another angle. (https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/02/new-angle-shows-jersey-tug-on-crucial-holding-call-in-super-bowl-lvii/)

We see the jersey tug. But, does it rise to the level of a foul? The big question is did Smith-Schuster lose steps or get pulled off stride when running his route? You can see the receiver get held up just an instant during the jersey tug. Also, you can make the argument that Bradberry’s right arm obstructed Smith-Schuster’s pass route after he turned to run downfield.

YardRat
02-16-2023, 05:46 PM
The call took a lot of the drama out of the game, but it was the right call to make. Here's another angle. (https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/02/new-angle-shows-jersey-tug-on-crucial-holding-call-in-super-bowl-lvii/)

You can probably review every single offensive snap for both teams and point out similar activity...and I mean every, single play. Officiating doesn't have to be horrible or even one-sided for an entire game to affect the outcome, they just need to make (or not make) a call at a critical point in the game.

Woodman
02-16-2023, 05:52 PM
Some players are allowed to push off and the refs just watch.

I'm thinking of one particular player and I'd be willing to bet every football fan in America and Canada know who I'm referring to.

Cali512
02-16-2023, 08:42 PM

That angle makes me feel worse about the call because there is no tug and it proves the route wast impacted at all. The LT also grabs sweat by the facemask on that play thats clearly shown

If im an official, im not throwing a flag unless there is a penalty that directly effects the play. Holding should only be called if the player tugs or impacts momentum. Neither happened, the hold wasn't important to that play what so ever

Jeff1220
02-17-2023, 03:02 AM
We're not seeing the same thing then.

Cali512
02-17-2023, 07:05 AM

I think your looking at it to simple like "yeah he grabbed his jersey". Its in slow motion too right when it took place. It didnt effect the route, momentum or anything. Everything looks more drastic in slow motion even though it still doesnt look drastic at all

Also, did you not see Sweat get his facemask grabbed on the play? Im pretty sure we both can see that clearly, at least i hope

Forward_Lateral
02-17-2023, 10:26 AM
I love idiot fans that blame the refs for the loss.

The refs didn't let The Chiefs march down the field and score every time they got the ball in the second half.

The Eagles choked the game away.

Bill Cody
02-17-2023, 11:53 AM

One final thing to add from me on this: whatever your views on that call (and I think the new angle pic actually makes the case even stronger that this was not a flag that should have been thrown) it did not necessarily lose the game for Philly. It ended the game for them but it didn't mean they'd win the game. If the flag isn't thrown and KC kicks a FG then Philly still has to score a FG to tie, TD to win. So it's impossible to know who wins the game if the flag is not thrown. Good chance it would have gone to OT and that as we know is unpredictable.

kgun12
02-17-2023, 12:12 PM
I believe we have the classic :deadhorse by rule it was a penalty, Bradberry admitted to grabbing the jersey, the chiefs would have at least most likely kicked the field goal and Philly would have need to go down and get at least a FG. BTW, the Chiefs shut them down most of the second half.

notacon
02-17-2023, 12:45 PM

The refs didn't let The Chiefs march down the field and score every time they got the ball in the second half.

I can’t speak for everyone but I do not “blame the refs for the (Eagles) loss”

What I blame the refs for is DECIDING THE GAME and virtually handing the win to KC. With a ticky tack, terrible call that they let go the whole game and similar type “holds” are NOT called probably over 90% of the time in every game.

The Eagles did not “choke the game away”....that would have become true come if the refs did NOT decide the game, not call that penalty that was not really a penalty, and let the team decide to game.

KC kicks a FG....just like they did in the actual game, but instead of handing KC the win by allowing them to run the clock out, they kick off to Philly with 1:54 left.

THEN, if Philly could not score at least a FG....THAT would be “choke the game away”. Or any other myriad of great finishes that could and probably would have taken place if the refs did not **** up royally.

The “idiot fans” are the ones that are minimizing the awful, terrible imposition of the refs in ****ing up the end of the game but good.

Bill Cody
02-17-2023, 01:02 PM

To be fair KC let Philly march down the field to score a TD and gave up a 2 point conversion TO TIE THE GAME. No way to know if they might not have done it again if KC been held to a FG. I think part of why that call was such a bummer was just how great a game it was. You hate to have a ticky tac call decide it. I for one was looking forward to seeing that.

Could Jalen Hurts have been like Cool Joe in the Super Bowl vs Cincinnati? https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1487108213094846467

Woodman
02-17-2023, 01:04 PM
The Darth Vader of his time!!

Woodman
02-17-2023, 01:07 PM

:cheers: Absolutely!

Cali512
02-17-2023, 08:10 PM
I wouldve been perfectly fine if juju scored that td or if the eagles got the ball and immediately threw a pick 6. The ticky tak penalty is what bothers me

I wonder if KC wouldve been smart enough to take the penalty had Mahomes not overthrown juju

Woodman
02-19-2023, 01:26 PM
I believe we have the classic :deadhorse by rule it was a penalty, Bradberry admitted to grabbing the jersey, the chiefs would have at least most likely kicked the field goal and Philly would have need to go down and get at least a FG. BTW, the Chiefs shut them down most of the second half.