Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Couldnt feel that good if i was a chiefs fan, reminded me of a past bills gam

I wouldnt of cared if juju got the td, or if the eagles went 3 and out. But that ended up being one of the worst endings in sport's championship history because of that call. It totally took the air out of the game

A few years ago we were playing the rams in the 4th quarter. I believe it was 4th down, allen threw the ball to gabe davis that fell incomplete. They threw a similar holding penalty on the rams and that lead to our game winning td. Every time i see the highlights of that game, i get a pit in my stomach and even say to myself, we really didnt deserve that win

I couldnt imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan. The call was one that if it was never called, no one wouldve ever said anything about it, and it didnt really impact jujus route much at all. I still find it extremely interesting that the camera crew obviously ignored showing the eagles sideline after the play. Im not saying a conspiracy or anything, i just think the nfl knew it wasnt a good look and didnt want it emphasized by showing the eagles reacting to it. Even postgame they didnt show any eagles players

It was one of the least satisfying moments ive ever seen in a superbowl. It was like if a bmx rider was about to jump over 5 busses, then at the last second, turned to a tiny ramp and jumped over 5 hotwheels busses
    Last edited by Cali512; 02-15-2023, 05:31 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Couldnt feel that good if i was a chiefs fan, reminded me of a past bills gam

The league is officially a WWE-level joke.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Re: Couldnt feel that good if i was a chiefs fan, reminded me of a past bills gam

They won the superbowl. If I’m a Chiefs fan I couldn’t feel any better. Stop with this nonsense

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        I couldn't imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan.
        But the reality is they do.

Most believe he scores the TD and they win by more ..... even with time on the clock.

That's the mindset of the fan.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

lol at this thread

Al Davis said it back in the 70's: "Just win baby". And by that he meant, if you can get away with playing with a cast or delivering an extra forearm after the whistle or whatever you can get away with do it. Because in the end it's all about the W.
          And whether you agree or not with his tactics, he was right, winning covers all sins. The memory of that ticky tack call will fade. What will remain is Patrick Mahomes winning his 2nd SB on a bad ankle. That's the narrative. Period, full stop. And if this was us no one would be worrying about a suspect call. No one. I would be popping tops at 8 am on the Wednesday after the game as most of us would. You suffer the bad calls against you and you feel nothing but elation when a call goes your way and you come out on top. To say otherwise to a band of Bills fans who have gone through decades of disappointment is naive in the extreme.

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Here’s the opposite ending. They don’t call that penalty, KC makes or misses the FG. Philly has over two minutes left and goes down the field and kicks the FG to win the game or if KC makes the FG, Philly goes down and scores a TD. All the KC fans are *****ing that the penalty wasn’t called and everyone is saying the refs game Philly the win and it’s all fixed!

I’m not sure there was a right way to call this from the refs, NFL or the losing team point of view!
            Retired Air Traffic Controller
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• mightysimi
              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
              • Mar 2010

Tons of respect for James Bradberry for owning up to holding him. He could have been whining like the fans but instead admitted to it. Huge respect for taking the sting out of listening to it for months until next year.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

I wouldnt of cared if juju got the td, or if the eagles went 3 and out. But that ended up being one of the worst endings in sport's championship history because of that call. It totally took the air out of the game

A few years ago we were playing the rams in the 4th quarter. I believe it was 4th down, allen threw the ball to gabe davis that fell incomplete. They threw a similar holding penalty on the rams and that lead to our game winning td. Every time i see the highlights of that game, i get a pit in my stomach and even say to myself, we really didnt deserve that win

I couldnt imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan. The call was one that if it was never called, no one wouldve ever said anything about it, and it didnt really impact jujus route much at all. I still find it extremely interesting that the camera crew obviously ignored showing the eagles sideline after the play. Im not saying a conspiracy or anything, i just think the nfl knew it wasnt a good look and didnt want it emphasized by showing the eagles reacting to it. Even postgame they didnt show any eagles players

It was one of the least satisfying moments ive ever seen in a superbowl. It was like if a bmx rider was about to jump over 5 busses, then at the last second, turned to a tiny ramp and jumped over 5 hotwheels busses
                For ****s and giggles, I went back and watched that play (from 2020 season) on NFL+.

The call was not defensive holding. It was pass interference. And it was completely justified as the Rams defender was absolutely, without question, very much impeding Davis’ ability to get to the ball, after it was thrown. He was grabbing Davis’ shoulder pads and it is clear as day that Davis is pushing with all his might to get through the illegal impediment....and could not.

The defender finally lets go of Davis and holds up his hand like “I didn’t do anything wrong” as he nows he’s guilty as heels, got caught and is pleading ‘I was not trying to get a cookies as my hand is deep in the cookie jar'....as the ball is flying past the two players. It was a close call but 100% justified and accurate. The flag was thrown immediately.

The KC non-penalty, penalty, was not even CLOSE to obvious, was called by a ref who was 15 yards away on the goal line and it was literally impossible to see the back of JuJu where the alleged “hold” took place.

And instead of throwing the flag immediately (the moment the infraction was supposedly observed) and defensive holding calls are only in force before the pass is thrown....the flag was not thrown until the ball hit the ground in the end zone incomplete. It appeared that the ref was waiting to see what the outcome of the throw would be before he decided to throw the flag.

So....yeah....you are 100% correct that “...that ended up being one of the worst endings in sport's championship history because of that call. It totally took the air out of the game” but the comparison to the Bills win vs LA Rams is not even close to similar.

PLUS the glaring fact that the LA Rams game was in week 3, and NOT in the Super Bowl, at the end of the game that literally handed the win to KC.

That makes your premise that the “Couldn’t feel that good if I was a Chiefs fan” even MORE appropriate and 100% accurate.

It was a CHEAP, undeserved “win”. Terrible. Bad. ****ty.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                  Here’s the opposite ending. They don’t call that penalty, KC makes or misses the FG. Philly has over two minutes left and goes down the field and kicks the FG to win the game or if KC makes the FG, Philly goes down and scores a TD. All the KC fans are *****ing that the penalty wasn’t called and everyone is saying the refs game Philly the win and it’s all fixed!

I’m not sure there was a right way to call this from the refs, NFL or the losing team point of view!
                  Considering they hadn't called one all game, unless it was blatant they shouldn't have called it with 2 minutes left.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Gibby 2.0
                    Did you ever hear about the healing power of laughter?
                    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    They won the superbowl. If I’m a Chiefs fan I couldn’t feel any better. Stop with this nonsense
                    Yeah, I think a million people didn't get the memo in this cowtown about having to feel bad.
                    Insert whimsical line here

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Considering they hadn't called one all game, unless it was blatant they shouldn't have called it with 2 minutes left.
                      I agree, bull crap call just looking at the other side.
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I’ve been accused many times on this site about complaining about wins. The reason I criticize wins is because it’s a long season, and the flaws in wins have implications for the rest of the season.

But if it ever comes down to a SB, there is no “rest of the season”. It’s over. The winner gets the ring. Flaws? Ugliness? It doesn’t matter. The goal has been accomplished.

If the same thing that happened to the Chiefs had happened to the Bills,I wouldn’t give a flying ****. I’ve wanted a Bills championship for roughly 33 years. Its a strange feeling because I’ve never wanted anything for that long- with everything else, I either figured out how to get it or realized it doesn’t ****ing matter and stopped caring.

If we ever get ours, I’ll take it any way we cam get it, as long as we don’t cheat like the Patriots did.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          I’ve been accused many times on this site about complaining about wins. The reason I criticize wins is because it’s a long season, and the flaws in wins have implications for the rest of the season.

But if it ever comes down to a SB, there is no “rest of the season”. It’s over. The winner gets the ring. Flaws? Ugliness? It doesn’t matter. The goal has been accomplished.

If the same thing that happened to the Chiefs had happened to the Bills,I wouldn’t give a flying ****. I’ve wanted a Bills championship for roughly 33 years. Its a strange feeling because I’ve never wanted anything for that long- with everything else, I either figured out how to get it or realized it doesn’t ****ing matter and stopped caring.

If we ever get ours, I’ll take it any way we cam get it, as long as we don’t cheat like the Patriots did.
                          I'd be curious to know how many people really care about that one Pats win. I mean as Bills fans we're inherently bias, but after all the hand wringing is done over it do people really see it as a cheating or care that much? I mean it's just a game, but as somebody who grew up playing sports and developed a love for the 'game' I think I agree with you.

Then again I think back to the old sports saying of "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" and remember this is just a game we're talking about.

So who knows.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I couldnt imagine feeling good about that game if i was a chiefs fan.

You strain to make points that make no sense.

They won the freakin' SB. The fans are ecstatic.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Whatever happened to the bump and run.

And by bump I mean a blast.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X